Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Temple Of Blood

Go down 
+2
Troublezone
candlemass
6 posters
AuthorMessage
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 8:28 pm

Had me a little workout this evening, so I decided to give ToB another day in court, great LP for working out, isn't all metal?!

I'm going to have to recant on my last assesment of this LP, I said it was slightly above mediocrity, actually, this is a damn fine slab of metallic thrash! 🤘

I can hear some early Testament here, as well as a little Believer, no ripp off though, just the influence is obvious. I can see this making the top 50 list, perhaps even top 25 or better for some. I guess my judgement was clouded by my disdain for many of his posts, he just seems too hyper critical of the music scene. I will say this, I thought the last Exodus was great, however, upon subsequent spins, I find myself liking it less and less, initionally it grabed me, but has not held my attention, this one gets better w/each listen. Out of a 10 scale, I'd give it an 8, it's certainly one of the better thrash LP's I've heard in a while, looking forward to the next release! :goodluck:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 11:58 pm

Seems to me that when someone has a band of their own and they're critical as you say of other's music or what not they're most likely going to get a critical look at their own music as well. That's the chance someone takes when they speak their mind i guess.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:30 am

I need to pull out my copy of TOB and listen again.I thought it was decent just nothing to keep me coming back for more.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:04 pm

From what i heard they just sound similar to Agent Steel (which isn't a bad thing).
Back to top Go down

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 8:08 pm

troublezone wrote:
From what i heard they just sound similar to Agent Steel (which isn't a bad thing).

Close. The vocals are Agent Steel-esque, but the music is more technical than AS. The music is more involved like Holy Terror or Toxik than AS.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2007 3:13 pm

Lead work is KILLER on Destruction of the Twin Cities. And its like shredding away during most of the song which is cool!

Conviction has that STUPID-FAST blast throughout! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:06 am

Glad you guys are enjoying this disc.

It was our first album and I was overjoyed to finally get it released after essentially being a cover band for a few years. In hindsight there are some things I would like to change about it though and I think we will be able to do better as time goes on and we continue to improve.

I think our new disc is much better and it should be out sometime next year, Lord willing. Hope you guys will check it out.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 7:38 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Glad you guys are enjoying this disc.

It was our first album and I was overjoyed to finally get it released after essentially being a cover band for a few years. In hindsight there are some things I would like to change about it though and I think we will be able to do better as time goes on and we continue to improve.

I think our new disc is much better and it should be out sometime next year, Lord willing. Hope you guys will check it out.

I'm always up for some new underground metal. How is the production on the new one?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 4:06 pm

Production is much better.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 5:42 am

Can't wait to hear the cover version of "Forbidden Evil" by Forbidden, this is probably my favourite thrash song ever!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 1:05 am

Yeah man. It is a challenging song to pull off. FORBIDDEN were/are a super-talented band. Hope you like our version. Matt was laying down some of his solos on it tonight and it sounded great.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 1:32 am

Cool! Cant wait even more Smile

Are you going to release the new album independently like the first one?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 2:27 am

Yes.

Any chance we could get distribution on your site?
Back to top Go down

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 2:03 am

I enjoy covering songs on my guitar...

... And "Destruction of the Twin Cities" is just an awesome smurfing song to play!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 1:41 pm

So you figured out how to play it huh? Nice!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 6:15 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Any chance we could get distribution on your site?

I'm shrinking down the distro in favor of the label and do not wholebuy anymore, but if you are interested in trade or consignment, please feel free to drop me a PM anytime.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 7:46 pm

That's cool. I remember reading that before on the SKR site but I wasn't sure if that was still your plan.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 6:23 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
That's cool. I remember reading that before on the SKR site but I wasn't sure if that was still your plan.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure how I'll handle this myself. But some changes definitely need to be done. With the market globalization, PayPal, and eBay; trading doesnt work the way it used to be in the past.

I mean, what's the purpose of swapping smurf poo around, if everyone's ultimate goal would be to put it on eBay? I have an eBay store, why would I want a cutthroat sellers like metalslaves to get my releases and put them for $5 one week after they have been released? Doesnt make real sense to me at all.

Add to that the bunch of uber-slow and criminally negligent packers which seems to plague the scene these days, and the picture turns even more somber.

And when you add the 3-rd trading group: the opportunistic "distributor-wannabee" traders which will get your trade and then turn around and try to hook up all your established distro and consignment partners over your head (I got even an idiot trying to register my releases with CDBaby) and the picture is uglier than the Marcel Duchamp's famous toilet sculpture.

So all in all, I'm trying to concentrate on the label and cut the distro biz deep to the roots. I'll still keep a small selected distribution, but with handful trusted trading comrades only.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Temple Of Blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Temple Of Blood   Temple Of Blood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temple Of Blood
Page 1 of 1