Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sepultura is calling it quits!

Go down 
+4
Fat Freddy
Lari
nevermore
Troublezone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Sepultura is calling it quits! Empty
PostSubject: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2023 1:35 pm

One final farewell tour to celebrate 40 years.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/sepultura-announces-farewell-tour-to-mark-bands-40th-anniversary

I haven’t liked anything they’ve done since Chaos AD (except Machine Messiah). Nothing will top their iconic Beneath the Remains and Arise combo.

Almost 30 years of bad-blood over the Gloria (Max’s wife) dispute. They should have reunited at least 10 years ago!

I wonder why Andreas decided to pull the plug? I guess we’ll find out soon in the interviews.

Too bad Max and Igor won’t be able to take back the name. I’m sure Andreas owns the rights. Although maybe there is a clause somewhere that if one party decides to retire, the other can use the name again. Who knows… it’s legal mumbo jumbo.

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2023 6:46 pm

I haven't liked all of the Derrick Greene stuff but the last couple of albums have been pretty good.

But since Max and Iggor have been playing the classic Sepultura stuff it's overshadowed what the current Sepultura lineup is doing.

This could be a look at future things to come with the classic lineup reforming.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2023 7:08 pm

Maybe this “final tour” is just a way for Andreas to let Derrick go with dignity while setting the stage for a reunion with the Cavaleras in the near future.

It makes sense. They are all getting older and know that only a true reunion will be the most successful thing they can do at this point.

It’s just a theory… but stranger things have happened (like Phil Anselmo touring under the Pantera name without the Abbotts).

nevermore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2023 2:42 am

What, no holograms?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2023 11:19 am

Lari wrote:
What, no holograms?

Or avatars Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2023 4:15 pm

Will the band Avatar eventually become avatars?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2023 4:45 pm

Funny that they announced this yesterday, cuz in my Facebook memories it reminded me that on that same date back in 1989 I saw Sepultura for the first time at L'amour in Brooklyn. Now THAT was a show!

Honestly... I haven't given a damn about them since Roots. They jumped in the nu-metal pool with both feet on that one and I was like "Uhhh, check please."

When Derrick came on board, I gave Against a try and was like "mmm...nah." About ten years later they released A-Lex, which was a concept album based around A Clockwork Orange, that sounded promising... but again, when I checked it out, I was like "Mmm... nah." That was the last time I paid any attention to 'em.

They've had a pretty damn good run though!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2023 7:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Will the band Avatar eventually become avatars?

I'm hoping both Avatar and avatars will also call it quits.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2023 6:11 am

I lost track of Sepultura after Roorback.

Although i did buy Kairos a couple of years ago, it didn't do much for me.

Practically, i stopped caring about them after Chaos A.D.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2023 12:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Funny that they announced this yesterday, cuz in my Facebook memories it reminded me that on that same date back in 1989 I saw Sepultura for the first time at L'amour in Brooklyn. Now THAT was a show!

Honestly... I haven't given a damn about them since Roots. They jumped in the nu-metal pool with both feet on that one and I was like "Uhhh, check please."

When Derrick came on board, I gave Against a try and was like "mmm...nah." About ten years later they released A-Lex, which was a concept album based around A Clockwork Orange, that sounded promising... but again, when I checked it out, I was like "Mmm... nah." That was the last time I paid any attention to 'em.

They've had a pretty damn good run though!

Starting with Roots I lost interest. I kept checking in with them throughout the years almost trying to force myself to like them… but I couldn’t get into the new lineup and mediocre songs. The only exception is Machine Messiah. I seen them on that tour and I like the album overall.

Once Derrick is gone, I hope the classic lineup does at least one reunion while they are still alive.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2023 5:29 pm

Chaos AD was the last full Sepultura album I enjoyed in full. They've had a song here or a song there I've liked in the years since, but that's about it. I'm with Troublezone; that 1-2 punch of Beneath the Remains and Arise is where it's at for me.

Would be cool if the Cavalera bros reunited with Andreas and they did a big farewell tour. I'd try my hardest to catch that...

Troublezone and nevermore like this post

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 1:25 am

This has to be the best news of 2023!!! It can't end soon enough. This band has been a joke since Chaos AD. They should have just stopped after Arise!! F@#$ this band!!!!

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 3:40 am

Haven't the Cavalera brothers been re-recording old Sepultura songs?

Anyone checked those out?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 9:55 am

Gilbert wrote:
Haven't the Cavalera brothers been re-recording old Sepultura songs?

Anyone checked those out?

They have.

It sounds like Sepultura with a more modern production.

They've also toured performing nothing but classic Sepultura sets. I caught the show last year. It was great hearing Max and Iggor perform those songs live!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 10:49 am

Lurideath wrote:
This has to be the best news of 2023!!! It can't end soon enough. This band has been a joke since Chaos AD. They should have just stopped after Arise!! F@#$ this band!!!!

So what you're saying is :

Sepultura is calling it quits! Oh-no
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2023 5:04 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Although I like some songs on Chaos AD, I pretty much agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sepultura is calling it quits!   Sepultura is calling it quits! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sepultura is calling it quits!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: