Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er  Empty
PostSubject: WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er    WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2023 10:32 am

Just a heads up, fellas... Troublezone recently got an email claiming to be from "Heart Of Metal Staff" saying his account had been deleted "due to inactivity." (which is total BS of course cuz he's one of the few regulars we have left!)

The email provides a link to "re-register" with the forum. I don't know where that link would take you but if you get one of these emails, it is NOT legit so PLEASE do NOT click that link.

I have nor "deleted" any accounts and don't plan to do so any time soon.

So if you receive this email, ignore, delete, destroy!

...Keith

WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er  Screen16

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er    WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2023 8:15 pm

Maybe it’s a former member/hater?

Why would someone target this site? Stupid.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er    WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 9:58 am

I haven't received any type of email. Thanks for letting everybody know!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er    WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2023 7:13 pm

At least everyone can be aware if they get the email. Luckily I’m not dumb enough to fall for it. It didn’t make any sense… LOL

Better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er    WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WARNING: Spam email sent to H.O.M.'er
Page 1 of 1