Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Steve Riley

Go down 
+2
Troublezone
Glower
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2023 5:13 pm

Great Drummer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2023 7:30 pm

I didn’t see this coming…

He has a new album about to come out early next year with his version of LA Guns.

R.I.P. Steve Riley
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2023 10:21 pm

Well, that's a bummer. Saw him with L.A. Guns when they opened for AC/DC's Blow Up Your Video tour back in '88.

Gonna have to listen to some of the W.A.S.P. and L.A. Guns stuff he played on tomorrow. R.I.P. sir.

I guess this means we're back to having only one version of L.A. Guns again, though, huh?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2023 11:46 pm

Sad news indeed.

I loved the album he made with his own chapter of L.A Guns.

Renegades is such a good song:

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2023 8:51 am

Sad news. RIP
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2023 12:00 pm

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2023 10:54 pm

Sad news for sure.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2023 10:31 am

Apparently the surviving members of Riley's LA Guns have permisson from Steve's family to continue using the band name.

...which makes them about as legit as the walking corpse currently calling itself Quiet Riot in my book, but ... whatever. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2023 3:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Apparently the surviving members of Riley's LA Guns have permisson from Steve's family to continue using the band name.

...which makes them about as legit as the walking corpse currently calling itself Quiet Riot in my book, but ... whatever. Very Happy

I can see them using the name to release and tour for the next upcoming album (which Steve played on), but after that it’s absurd to call themselves Riley’s LA Guns without Riley!

The name was already kinda dumb anyway. It’s basically a tribute band. Imagine if George Lynch started a band called Lynch’s Dokken. LOL
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2023 10:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Now would be the time that Kelly Nickels makes amends with his former bandmates and rejoin LA Guns and have 3/5ths of the lineup back together.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2023 12:14 pm

nevermore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Now would be the time that Kelly Nickels makes amends with his former bandmates and rejoin LA Guns and have 3/5ths of the lineup back together.

I’m not sure he can… Phil Lewis has a reputation for being a jerk. He has fired people on a whim many times. If Kelly did manage to get back in, it probably wouldn’t last long before Phil makes up some BS reason to fire him.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2023 12:20 pm

At least Kelly can say he wrote LA Guns’ biggest hit “The Ballad of Jayne”. He wasn’t just a bassist, he has some songwriting talent.

nevermore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.I.P. Steve Riley Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Steve Riley   R.I.P. Steve Riley Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Steve Riley
Page 1 of 1