Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'

Go down 
+4
Witchfinder
Troublezone
Lari
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Empty
PostSubject: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 2:34 pm

https://blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-bruce-dickinson-announces-new-solo-album-the-mandrake-project

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 3:08 pm

I saw that earlier today. I'll be interested in picking this one up
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 10:29 pm

I’m interested to hear this album. It should be good because he’s working with Roy Z again.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2023 10:30 pm

Steve Harris is a legend, but he has made Maiden so darn boring! He pretty much leads the band and the direction they go. He’s managed to extract almost every remnant of their metal roots and replace it with long boring prog tunes.

scottmitchell74 and 007 like this post

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2023 4:40 pm

I hope it's heavy and has no twenty minute long songs about blimps.

scottmitchell74, 007 and MetallicSeminarian like this post

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeMon Sep 25, 2023 9:17 am

Well it's about damned time! Tyranny Of Souls was (gulp) eighteen frickin years ago!

Bruce's last three solos were better than anything he's done with Maiden since re-joining.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2023 5:27 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2023 6:34 am

Will check this one out.

Last edited by Gilbert on Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2023 9:37 am

The new song sounds better than anything Maiden has released in at least 30+ years! Maybe since Seventh Son.

I’m surprised Bruce likes heavier music. His first solo album (Tattooed Millionaire) was kinda mellow (although I like it a lot).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 12:34 am

New song sounds pretty good, the video is total cheez though!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 2:43 am

Ok song i guess.

Will need more spins.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2023 3:58 am

The main riff reminds me of that song by the band Wrath for the Leatherface soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 1:23 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I’m surprised Bruce likes heavier music. His first solo album (Tattooed Millionaire) was kinda mellow (although I like it a lot).

Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding were definitely heavy. And also super catchy. Tattooed Millionaire was a bit of a laugh. Quirky, fun, but not that great music.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 5:40 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Accident of Birth and Chemical Wedding were definitely heavy. And also super catchy. Tattooed Millionaire was a bit of a laugh. Quirky, fun, but not that great music.

I actually like Tattooed Millionaire. I also like Maiden’s No Prayer for the Dying… they both came out when I was still fairly new to hard rock music. I was into the big hooks and melody of hair metal (KISS was my “gateway” band). Another album from that time I liked was Wicked Sensation by Lynch Mob.

It was the next year in early 1991 that I totally got into thrash and heavier music. Before that, Metallica was the only thrash band I knew of… as a reference point, the albums Rust in Peace, Souls of Black and Persistence of Time were considered new releases at the time. Not to mention the iconic Painkiller album from Judas Priest! I wish I had knew people with a car back then because it was an amazing moment in time for Metal music (I was just a freshman in high school), and there was no way I was going alone.  Razz

I sadly didn’t see my first Metal show until 1998… and it was a dinky Christian metal show (featuring Tourniquet) in a small club. It was good, but I would have rather seen the Clash of the Titans tour.

(Sorry for the rambling and my history) Smile

Back to Bruce…

I was watching Headbanger’s Ball religiously back then, and I remember the music video for Tattooed Millionaire was new and playing quite a bit. It was pretty funny how Bruce referenced and made fun of Motley Crue (specifically Tommy Lee).

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2023 6:09 pm

Another thing about Maiden 1990 and Bruce Dickinson’s first solo album…

Bruce was trying to add more melodic elements and tap into his 70’s “rock” influences like Mott the Hoople and Deep Purple. And Maiden was going for a more raw stripped down sound like AC/DC.

Despite the changes and turmoil with Maiden and losing Adrian Smith, I prefer that era over what Steve Harris is doing to Maiden nowadays (boring and bloated prog songs).

At least Maiden released one last great album with Bruce (Fear of the Dark) before he quit and went solo for several years.

Although there is a 8 year space between them, I think Brave New World would’ve been a good follow up to Fear of the Dark.

Some people like the Blaze era… but to me it was a dark time for Maiden. Some of the music is good, but the vocals are lacking. The transition from Di’Anno to Dickinson was much smoother because they are both great. But Blaze was a big step down!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2023 2:05 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I hope it's heavy and has no twenty minute long songs about blimps.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:12 pm

New single just dropped - "Rain On The Graves"

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 9:30 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
New single just dropped - "Rain On The Graves"

I like that. Bruce sounds a bit off to me, though. Can't put my finger on it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 10:20 pm

I like the new tune - nice n' crunchy.

Both of the music videos have been pure cheez thus far though. Bruce must be a frustrated actor. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 1:08 am

This new stuff is horrible!!! His voice is sure strong though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 5:30 pm

Ordered a copy of the new Bruce a couple of nights ago. Just playin' the waiting game now (sigh)...

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 9:43 am

Got the new album, but i couldn't get through all of it in one listen.

This one definitely needs multiple spins.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 2:57 pm

Got my copy in the mail yesterday. I've only listened to the first 5 or 6 tracks so far but I already like it better than the last three Iron Maiden albums.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 3:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Got my copy in the mail yesterday. I've only listened to the first 5 or 6 tracks so far but I already like it better than the last three Iron Maiden albums.

Saw your video on Instagram. Good stuff.

You should consider starting a YouTube channel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'   IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRON MAIDEN's BRUCE DICKINSON Announces New Solo Album 'The Mandrake Project'
Page 1 of 1