Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Free Is Your State?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

How Free Is Your State? Empty
PostSubject: How Free Is Your State?   How Free Is Your State? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 10:54 am

https://www.freedominthe50states.org/
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: How Free Is Your State?   How Free Is Your State? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2022 11:24 am

Our last Governor worked overtime in the regulatory department. I had to go back to hauling cattle, grain, and hay with my small 5 truck company. It effected delivery aspects in my other small businesses as well. I have hope for the new guy, but we will see.

Thanks for the link, interesting info!

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How Free Is Your State?   How Free Is Your State? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2022 2:31 pm

I knew my state of TN would be pretty high up. I've not seen much of the issues here that you see in the news. It's like two different worlds.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: How Free Is Your State?   How Free Is Your State? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2022 3:26 pm

I was surprised to see TX so low. A deep-dive may explain it, but I haven't taken that dive yet.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: How Free Is Your State?   How Free Is Your State? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2022 3:48 pm

mc666 wrote:
I knew my state of TN would be pretty high up. I've not seen much of the issues here that you see in the news. It's like two different worlds.

Maryland is turning into a police state but I am moving to TN in the not to distant future

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: How Free Is Your State?   How Free Is Your State? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2022 4:14 pm

exact33 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Maryland is turning into a police state but I am moving to TN in the not to distant future

I think you'll like it. I left New Jersey for here and never regretted it. Just keep away from Nashville.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: How Free Is Your State?   How Free Is Your State? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2022 4:28 pm

mc666 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I think you'll like it. I left New Jersey for here and never regretted it. Just keep away from Nashville.

cool! We are staying clear of Nashville and Memphis. I made a trip down to look at some places and the area is nice but finding homes has been a little difficult

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: How Free Is Your State?   How Free Is Your State? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2022 7:22 pm

exact33 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

cool! We are staying clear of Nashville and Memphis. I made a trip down to look at some places and the area is nice but finding homes has been a little difficult

I live & work in the Tri-Cities area of Kingsport, Johnson City, & Bristol. It's a lovely area with reasonably priced homes in nice neighborhoods. Before my wife died, we lived in Greenville which was wonderful as well.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: How Free Is Your State?   How Free Is Your State? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2022 8:54 pm

exact33 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I lived in Murfreesboro, TN (about 20 minutes east of Nashville for 5 years and I lived in Jackson, TN (about an hour east of Memphis) for 3 years after that (1983-1992 total).  I really liked Murfreesboro because I had all the benefits of Nashville without actually having to live there.  I loved visiting Nashville for the food and the music. To this day the best pizza I've ever had was from Obie's Pizza in Nashville.   And back in the 80s it was the cleanest "city" I'd ever seen, more like an overgrown town.  Jackson was OK on its own but I didn't like Memphis much.  Seemed like almost all the music clubs were blues or jazz (except for the New Daisy on Beale) but more importantly it was filthy.  Beale Street itself was cool because even at 3 in the morning there were a lot of musicians just playing in the street. 

The only things I didn't like about living in TN were the University of Tennessee football fans (if I NEVER hear "Rocky Top" again it will be too soon) and the overall pace of things.  I moved there from PA so I was used to driving fast, dashing in and out of stores, and just go, go, go.   Got to TN and there was no such thing as "fast".  And forget a quick trip to the grocery store; the checkout clerks have to ask everybody how their families are doing.  DROVE ME CRAZY!!!  I never did get used to that.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: How Free Is Your State?   How Free Is Your State? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2022 11:40 am

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:
mc666 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I lived in Murfreesboro, TN (about 20 minutes east of Nashville for 5 years and I lived in Jackson, TN (about an hour east of Memphis) for 3 years after that (1983-1992 total).  I really liked Murfreesboro because I had all the benefits of Nashville without actually having to live there.  I loved visiting Nashville for the food and the music. To this day the best pizza I've ever had was from Obie's Pizza in Nashville.   And back in the 80s it was the cleanest "city" I'd ever seen, more like an overgrown town.  Jackson was OK on its own but I didn't like Memphis much.  Seemed like almost all the music clubs were blues or jazz (except for the New Daisy on Beale) but more importantly it was filthy.  Beale Street itself was cool because even at 3 in the morning there were a lot of musicians just playing in the street. 

The only things I didn't like about living in TN were the University of Tennessee football fans (if I NEVER hear "Rocky Top" again it will be too soon) and the overall pace of things.  I moved there from PA so I was used to driving fast, dashing in and out of stores, and just go, go, go.   Got to TN and there was no such thing as "fast".  And forget a quick trip to the grocery store; the checkout clerks have to ask everybody how their families are doing.  DROVE ME CRAZY!!!  I never did get used to that.

I liked the small town feel that i have experienced during our first trip. It does feel slower than where I am now but i am ok with that. Taxes are tremendously better and prices seem to be better.

We will see about a house. I am excited to find one but the condition of some are pretty poor

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Free Is Your State?   How Free Is Your State? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Free Is Your State?
Page 1 of 1