Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vacation...

Go down 
+5
nevermore
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
James B.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 12:51 am

Where is u ideal vacation destination that you've get visited?

Me, it is Norway and a river cruise through Easter Europe.

What say you?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 1:37 am

Scandinavia (mainly Norway to see the Fjords)

A nice RV trip to every US national park

Island hopping in the pacific islands (especially Tahiti)

Bahamas

Malta

A boat ride down Germany’s Rhine river

A tour of all the great and creepy castles of the UK

British Columbia, Canada

Japan (maybe)

Baja California, Mexico

Time machine trip: 1980’s Australia
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 6:37 am

Iceland, Faroe Islands, Scandinavia.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 6:42 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Iceland,  Faroe Islands, Scandinavia.

Nice selections

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 7:01 am

Troublezone wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Iceland,  Faroe Islands, Scandinavia.

Nice selections
Noticed your first choice is similar. I'm fascinated by their culture and the landscape, and I'm sure those go hand in hand somewhat. I like bleak, snowy landscapes.

Not a top dream destination, but I also crave spending a season in Antarctica.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 7:45 am

If only we could be like this guy.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 8:00 am

I also would like to just go to some neighboring states and check out the sites.

Believe it or not, I still haven’t been to the Grand Canyon, (but I have been to Sedona). I want to see all the Utah parks like Arches and Bryce…
New Mexico has some wonderful Native American (Navajo) destinations and cultural sites. I want to go to  the annual hatch chili festival. I think there is some amazing caves (Carlsbad Caverns).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 8:49 am

Some of the places I’ve been… (in no particular order)

A road trip up through Oregon and Washington to Tacoma, Seattle and the Puget Sound.
Sedona, Arizona
Bullhead City, Arizona
Las Vegas, Nevada
Canton, Ohio
Minerva, Ohio
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Washington D.C.
Maryland (can’t remember the city)
Virginia
West Virginia
Niagara Falls, (New York and Canada)
Tijuana, Mexico

I’m certain there are other locations, but I can’t remember them.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39504

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 9:06 am

I think my favorite place to vacation is the Outer Banks. Hell, I'd move there if I could. The furthest south I've visited is Tampa Florida (very beautiful), the furthest north was just up in New York (Watkins Glen and Syracuse) and the furthest west has been Arizona, where I stayed in the Phoenix area and visited Sedona,the Grand Canyon and Tombstone. Oddly I've never been to Niagara Falls and its only about 2 hours north of me.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 9:11 am

007 wrote:
I think my favorite place to vacation is the Outer Banks. Hell, I'd move there if I could. The furthest south I've visited is Tampa Florida (very beautiful), the furthest north was just up in New York (Watkins Glen and Syracuse) and the furthest west has been Arizona, where I stayed in the Phoenix area and visited Sedona,the Grand Canyon and Tombstone. Oddly I've never been to Niagara Falls and its only about 2 hours north of me.

Sedona is a highlight of my travels.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 9:14 am

Troublezone wrote:
007 wrote:

Sedona is a highlight of my travels.

Its very beautiful there. The day we left for it, it was in the triple digits for temps in Phoenix. Second was in the mid 70s
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 9:16 am

007, you live in Pennsylvania right? I love the autumn/fall season on the rural backroads. Talk about postcard beautiful scenery.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 9:26 am

Yes, about 30 miles outside Pittsburgh. The leaves are great to see but a pain in the ass to clean up. I have a huge maple tree by my house and I get the joy of cleaning the yard and my gutters every fall of the mess.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 9:26 am

I’m not counting the numerous California locations I’ve been to, because it’s too close to home. Although CA is the biggest state with tons of different terrains.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 9:35 am

007 wrote:
Yes, about 30 miles outside Pittsburgh. The leaves are great to see but a pain in the ass to clean up. I have a huge maple tree by my house and I get the joy of cleaning the yard and my gutters every fall of the mess.

Just one of those things I guess…

I love the snow, but I’d hate to live in it every winter. I can’t blame my grandparents for relocating from the east to here in Southern California. It’s mostly 60-70 degrees or higher all year.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 3:28 pm

I'd love to go to Iceland, Norway, and Japan.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 4:21 pm

Aside from my exchange-student trip to Germany in 1987 I've never really been much of anywhere.

Never been farther north than Massachusetts, farther South than Georgia, or farther West than Wisconsin.

So I guess my answer would be "any place that isn't New f**king Jersey!" Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

scottmitchell74 and Troublezone like this post

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 5:45 pm

One place I hope to visit before I die is Ireland.  I love irish music, I love beer and I love rolling green hills and meadows.  Throw in some castles and I'm all set.  I love that kind of scenery and landscape a lot more than tropical beaches and crap.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 5:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
One place I hope to visit before I die is Ireland.  I love irish music, I love beer and I love rolling green hills and meadows.  Throw in some castles and I'm all set.  I love that kind of scenery and landscape a lot more than tropical beaches and crap.

Totally agree. As I've aged I've aged out of beaches. They're not bad, but I'm just looking at them now, not playing. With my girls grown they're even less a draw. I want places to hike and explore.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2021 12:37 am

I would love to go to Romania. I've always been drawn to there, mostly because I love vampire lore, but more recently I found out most of my ancestors are from there. I once randomly called Romania when I was drunk one night. Spoke with a married couple for almost an hour. They actually invited me to stay with them if I was ever in the neighborhood lol That phone call cost me about $75.00! Really nice people though, well worth it.

Other places I'd like to see is Rome, Iceland, Germany, and Tibet.

Oh and all this talk of Sedona, just thought I'd let you know, I married my wife in Sedona. We were staying at a hotel on the river. One night we decided to get married the next day. Found a priest, got our marriage license, and was married the next day. We used two random lesbians as witnesses to sign the marriage certificate. It was,the most beautiful day, and I married the most beautiful woman in the world that day.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2021 7:29 am

I had a neat souvenir from Sedona. I was about 16 and my mom had a friend that lived somewhere in AZ, maybe it was Bullhead City… anyways, we all went on a road trip to Sedona and I got one of those paperweights with a small Scorpion inside. It might seem silly now, but I liked it back then.

Of coarse they are very common tourist gifts.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2021 8:35 pm

I’ve always wanted to go to Italy. And really all of Europe for that matter. Also out west. I’ve been to Vegas, The Grand Canyon, Arizona. I would like to visit parts of California, Montana, and Washington.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vacation... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vacation...   Vacation... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vacation...
Page 1 of 1