Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fav era of Kiss

Go down 
+13
Glower
manny
nevermore
Lurideath
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
James B.
Witchfinder
Troublezone
Gilbert
Hadley
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 11:59 pm

What's your favorite era of Kiss? Though all the eras have merit, I prefer the 1982-85 era (Creatures through Asylum) as it's their "heaviest" era IMO

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 4:20 am

I agree with Creatures being my favorite era.

Creatures Of The Night was actually the song that introduced me to Kiss.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39602

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 6:16 am

Well, Creatures and Animalize are my top two favorite KISS albums (Revenge coming up next) so that , along with finally being old enough to see the band in concert countless times, makes the 80s my favorite era.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 6:40 am

Creatures is my favorite.

metalinmyveins likes this post

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 8:38 am

Creatures is my favorite album also.

I guess if we're talking "eras" and not albums my favorite era is from '74-'79.

metalinmyveins likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 12:02 pm

Creatures is a good listen, my favorite "ERA" is 74-77.

Imagine "Animalize" with Vinnie tunes & co-writes? Would have been interesting in the very least, who knows? "Unholy" are something along that line in 84...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37649

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 3:33 pm

I like all eras of the band to some degree (though I went AWOL from the Kiss Army for a few years during the late 80s, cuz Crazy Nights and Hot in the Shade sucked) but my favorite "era" is probably the debut, Hotter Than Hell, and Dressed To Kill -- when they were young & hungry, before the fame, egos and chemicals took over.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 7:39 pm

Back in the 80s when I was a teen Animalize was always my favorite Kiss album. Even though I ventured into the older stuff like Destroyer and Dressed to Kill those early 80s are my favorite era. The trifecta for me, Lick it Up, Creatures, Animalize.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 9:12 pm

007 wrote:
Well, Creatures and Animalize are my top two favorite KISS albums (Revenge coming up next) so that , along with finally being old enough to see the band in concert countless times, makes the 80s my favorite era.

REVENGE. nuff said [except Lick it up is my fav. And Creatures probably ties with Revenge.... soooo..... not Nuff Said? K. 82-85. Final offer]
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 9:18 pm

Animalize is what got me into Kiss. Creatures is their masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2020 10:52 pm

Funny thing about Kiss is that they look much much heavier than they actually sound.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 1:14 am

James B. wrote:

This!! Even though I like other eras too. There was something special about this time period to me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 2:37 am

Psycho Circus is my favourite from their later era.

Great album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 8:46 am

I am fan of all eras of KISS but I will stick to popular opinion and my favorite era would be 1974 to 1978
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 9:21 am

I LOVE IT LOUD!

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3173

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2020 9:32 am

Kiss Alive ll - to the solo records.
As a kid, I was in dreamland with the band 😛🔥
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2020 11:59 am

manny wrote:
I am fan of all eras of KISS but I will stick to popular opinion and my favorite era would be 1974 to 1978

I think I would go this era as well but I believe the early/mid 80s output is very underrated.

metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 7:29 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Creatures is my favorite album also.

I guess if we're talking "eras" and not albums my favorite era is from '74-'79.

This!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2020 7:55 pm

James B. wrote:

This for me too.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2020 1:29 am

I know this is akin to blasphemy, but does Kiss have a consistent era? I don't even think they have a consistent album. They have a ton of killer tracks, but...I don't know, so much meh on every album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 4:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I know this is akin to blasphemy, but does Kiss have a consistent era? I don't even think they have a consistent album. They have a ton of killer tracks, but...I don't know, so much meh on every album.

agree that their albums are set apart from 'hits' vs filler but they have had pretty consistently good filler since their inception.

exact33
The King
exact33

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2020 4:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:

agree that their albums are set apart from 'hits' vs filler but they have had pretty consistently good filler since their inception.

Sponsored content

Fav era of Kiss Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fav era of Kiss   Fav era of Kiss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fav era of Kiss
Page 1 of 1