Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stuart Gordon R.I.P.

Go down 
+3
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Leatherface
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

Stuart Gordon R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Stuart Gordon R.I.P.   Stuart Gordon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 2:08 pm

Stuart Gordon, the horror director best known for the '80s classics Re-Animator and From Beyond, has died, his rep, Dominic Mancini, confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 72.
"He was a lovely man, a dear friend, a client for nearly a decade, and will be greatly missed," Mancini said Wednesday. "He was an icon in the horror genre, a loved mentor and bright light that inspired and encouraged aspiring genre filmmakers to excel at their craft. He left his fingerprints on the film industry for generations to come to enjoy."
Gordon's family asked for privacy while they mourn. No details were released about his death.
Gordon also was a screenwriter, playwright and theater director noted for his avant-garde works.
He co-created Disney's Honey, I Shrunk the Kids franchise starring Rick Moranis, executive produced the second film, 1992's Honey, I Blew Up the Kid, and helmed an episode of the syndicated Honey, I Shrunk the Kids: The TV Show.
Gordon also co-wrote Body Snatchers (an adaptation of the classic Invasion of the Body Snatchers) in 1993 and The Dentist, which starred Corbin Bernsen, in 1998.
Survivors include by his wife, Carolyn Purdy-Gordon; daughters Suzanna, Jillian and Margaret; four grandchildren; and his brother, David George Gordon. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Gordon R.I.P.   Stuart Gordon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 2:18 pm

Well, that's a bummer. Re-Animator was, at one time, the goriest, nastiest, most extreme movie I'd ever seen in my young life. It knocked me completely on my ass, haha

Plus, in addition to his horror work, he made the best Giant Robot Movie ever (Robot Jox)!

R.I.P. sir.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Gordon R.I.P.   Stuart Gordon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 7:43 pm

Damn!  That sucks!

I like all the Stuart Gordon movies; The "Re-animator" series of course, "Society", "From Beyond", "Kingdom Of The Ants"... as soon as I saw his name on something, I bought in.

RIP sir and thanks for the horrific memories.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39176

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Gordon R.I.P.   Stuart Gordon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 10:04 pm

Sad to hear. RIP sir and thanks for all the fun movies.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Gordon R.I.P.   Stuart Gordon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 2:58 pm

One of the best horror directors imo!

He and David Cronenberg created some of the darkest most bizarre films. Stuart was the best at adapting H.P. Lovecraft stories into movies.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Gordon R.I.P.   Stuart Gordon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Yeah total bummer. Creative dude; I appreciate most of his work. RIP.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Gordon R.I.P.   Stuart Gordon R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2020 10:50 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuart Gordon R.I.P.   Stuart Gordon R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuart Gordon R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1