Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Band is more your " Go To "

Go down 
+9
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
Lari
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Glower
13 posters

Which Band is Your Favorite
GRAVE DIGGER
Which Band is more your " Go To " Vote_lcap21%Which Band is more your " Go To " Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
GRIM REAPER
Which Band is more your " Go To " Vote_lcap79%Which Band is more your " Go To " Vote_rcap
 79% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

Which Band is more your " Go To " Empty
PostSubject: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 9:26 am

Both have some very good releases / CDs surprised
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 am

I could be wrong, but I assume Grave Digger will win.

However, I never got super into Grave Digger but I love Grim Reaper, so voted for them.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 10:43 am

I went with Grim Reaper as I love Steve's voice.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 11:52 am

I only own one Grim Reaper CD and no Grave Digger so I guess G.R. wins by default.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6304

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I only own one Grim Reaper CD and no Grave Digger so I guess G.R. wins by default.
I'm the opposite, so I guess our votes cancel each other out.

My lone Grave Digger CD is Tunes of War.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 12:55 pm

Grim Reaper for me. I had a couple of Grave Digger discs years ago but they never did much for me. The vocals I think were the tipping point.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 1:28 pm

Joined. Joined in life. From the start
From the first beating of your heart
Keep you safe. Keep you warm
Always your shelter from the storm

Pulling the strings. Holding the threads
They know what's best for you. Make sure you don't stray
From the path that they've made. They know what's best

The hand that rocks the cradle
Holds the key to your soul
For the hand that rocks the cradle
Is the hand that rules the world

They always say do your best
Always be better than the rest
They say don't do this. They say don't do that
Just two things our way And don't talk back

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 1:57 pm

Grim Reaper didn't age well with me, and I really don't like many of their songs. Grave Digger isn't one of my favorites either, but I do like them a lot more. I think if we could swap singers, then Grave Digger would be one of my favorite bands. My vote still went to Grave Digger.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 1:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
so I guess G.R. wins by default.
Dick! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 3:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Grim Reaper for me. I had a couple of Grave Digger discs years ago but they never did much for me. The vocals I think were the tipping point.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Grim Reaper didn't age well with me, and I really don't like many of their songs. Grave Digger isn't one of my favorites either, but I do like them a lot more. I think if we could swap singers, then Grave Digger would be one of my favorite bands. My vote still went to Grave Digger.

Yeah, the early G.R. stuff is pretty cheesy and definitely sounds dated in 2020. The last 2 albums and some of Grimmets solo stuff ( and Grimmstine, too) is more relevant sounding. I listened to  See You In Hell/Fear No Evil (I have the 2 on 1 version) the other night; and while it was a fun trip down 'ol memory lane, I was reminded why it had been a minute since I had listened to these two in a while.

Last edited by the sentinel on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39176

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 4:06 pm

Grave Digger by a long shot. Grim Reaper is just fine but are extremely repetitive.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 4:27 pm

Grave Digger was cool.....for about 5 seconds in the 80's.  The first 3 Grim Reaper albums are classics.  And the stuff Grimmett has put out since is listenable.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 4:58 pm

Grim Reaper for me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2020 6:07 pm

I love Grave Digger and own all of their albums, with the exception of the Digger release.

Still voted Grim Reaper because they are more accessible in general, and you need to be in the proper mood to fully enjoy Chris Bolthendal's vocals.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25640

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2020 12:24 am

Grim Reaper gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3887

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2020 10:38 pm

Grim Reaper by FAR!!!!! They are one of my favorite bands!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Band is more your " Go To "   Which Band is more your " Go To " Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which Band is more your " Go To "
Page 1 of 1