Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+27
Leatherface
manny
MetalGuy71
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
glassprison
nevermore
Hadley
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
Lari
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Citanul
James B.
Lurideath
Required Fields
tohostudios
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Glower
corplhicks
Boris2008
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9890

Coronavirus - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 7:52 am

It's a military virus, indeed. God help us all.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 7:55 am

Gilbert wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
The Covid-19 isn't going anywhere. It is here to stay. But governments are relying on people's awareness now, when taking the decision to reopen.

This is where the risk lies. I don't believe most people will remain cautious for a long period of time.

Agreed 100 percent, brother.

I passed in front of a local Starbucks when I was running yesterday. Too many people, no social distancing and barely a couple of masks.

I predict another deadlier wave of infection soon.

Agreed again. I don't really worry about myself or my wife, I really worry about my 4 year old daughter. When her school opens up again, how do preach social distancing to toddlers? Or make sure they keep masks on when they are not at snack time? Those places are notorious breeding grounds for everything.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 9:37 am

Schools are quite dangerous places. They will remain closed around here. Hope they reopen in September.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6340

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 12:41 pm

Schools have been open for a couple weeks here.

Finnish research on face masks says they don't do anything:

https://www.hs.fi/politiikka/art-2000006523673.html

But the good news is that the spread is suppressed. Things are basically back to normal except for the continued ban on mass events like summer festivals. You can have smaller events though and bars and restaurants are open.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 2:06 pm

Masks aren't required in Denmark and not used at all - it was determined to have no significant effect quite some time ago here.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 2:21 pm

Lari wrote:

But the good news is that the spread is suppressed. Things are basically back to normal except for the continued ban on mass events like summer festivals. You can have smaller events though and bars and restaurants are open.

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Masks aren't required in Denmark and not used at all - it was determined to have no significant effect quite some time ago here.

I swear the Nordic Countries will outlive us all. You guys are like the opposite of Florida in terms of survival. I know this is silly but I've always dreamed about moving there. Of course, as they say, "the grass is always greener..."
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 3:06 pm

I visited Norway years ago. If there was one country i would move to, it will be this one, noting that i have been to so many other countries.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 3:28 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

We agree on this. The big question is if the pandemic is behind us.

I'm shaving my coronavirus-beard tonight anyway. We seem to be in the clear, kinda, sorta.

If it comes back for a second wave, I hope a vaccine is not far away.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2020 8:04 pm

I shaved mine off a month or so ago when I went to help out in our Contact Center, as I was meeting new people and superiors, and I didn't want to give the wrong impression; even though it's t shirt and jeans rather than a suit and tie like in the branch. We should have all posted photos. We would have looked something like the 2013 Boston Red Sox, Ha ha.

I finally got to hit up a record shop earlier today for the first time in about 2 months. The shops have been reopening a bit here in Rhode Island, USA, with the usual safety measures of course. As I entered the plaza I saw folks lined up outside of the other stores. I immediately made the decision that if I had to wait, then I was just going to drive back home. It's not the wait I don't like, or the practice of social distancing, but rather I don't want there to be a time limit for my visit. I was suddenly struck with a bit of fear that one of the employees I know well would have to come over like Chief Wiggum from the Simpsons and shoo my along.
"You, uh, gonna buy that Black Sabbath deluxe edition or not? You been staring at for 5 minutes!"
Thankfully, there was no line and a wide open front door bearing a "Welcome back to Newbury Comics" sign. They are a small New England chain that has about 2 dozen locations. The New Hampshire stores are all open and one of the two RI stores (which has been there since '95) is open, but New York and Massachussetts (where they are from and have their most stores) are still closed.

Not gonna lie, it felt good to just walk in and browse around. I ended up grabbing a 3 LP Metallica Live at House of Vans and the last Adrenaline Mob disc, We the People. It was a good day.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 2:45 pm

Well the coronavirus panic is slowly starting to subside and now we can’t go out because of rioters and looting. 2020 has been one helluva year so far. Can’t wait to see what next month brings.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 6:14 pm

No kidding. "2020" is about seeing perfect, clarity, and this is the most unclear and uproarious I think the world had ever been.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 6:51 pm

Using the drive thru at the bank today to cash a check (first time I've done that in over 20 years) then getting curbside delivery at Home Depot for wild bird suet cakes, coupled with watching the news today and reading the latest postings in this thread caused me to have an epiphany:

2020 is the perfect "shitstorm" to set up the happenings predicted in Rush's "2112".

"WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL.  WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL."

Lord knows someone F'n needs to.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 7:58 pm

I hear ya, brother T. I have some vews on the pandemic and the whole aspect of social distancing that I keep to myself so as to avoid arguments.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 11:24 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Lari wrote:

Mglaffas81 wrote:

I swear the Nordic Countries will outlive us all. You guys are like the opposite of Florida in terms of survival. I know this is silly but I've always dreamed about moving there. Of course, as they say, "the grass is always greener..."

Not sure about outliving, but it's very metal:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/gq9nhq/oc_cumulative_metal_albums_per_capita/
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39708

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 6:40 am

Well, we'll see how right on they are about this social distancing and mask wearing with all this protesting and idiotic rioting going on. There's certainly no social distancing going on there. Most are wearing masks, but really, what good do those things really do. I suppose will see if there is a pike in cases in the coming weeks.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 11:55 am

It's interesting to read 2019 articles about the possibility of a global pandemic:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22global+pandemic%22&rlz=1C1GCEB_enFI868FI868&sxsrf=ALeKk00OfujZJkfbaWMZkJZ31iNT0KgWng%3A1591113100547&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A1%2F1%2F2019%2Ccd_max%3A1%2F1%2F2020&tbm=
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2020 3:42 am

Only two new cases in Finland in the last 24hrs.

I think we're in the clear, or at least you have to be pretty damn unlucky to contract the virus now.

Not sure how travel affects. A second wave is probably inevitable at some point, if other countries (Sweden especially) can't contain their germs.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2020 6:58 am

Coronavirus - Page 27 Frank-lone-ranger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2020 8:10 am

No new Covid cases in my town since May 25. Hope this means we're turning the corner.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2020 8:14 am

Coronavirus - Page 27 101832060_10156924483687001_4932062906234699776_n.png?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=1aQwndDDybUAX_bK1fY&_nc_ht=scontent.fyhz1-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2020 1:05 pm

One thing is sure, i won't be doing any travelling any time soon. Planes and airports are pure Covid-19 factories.

This means no music shopping at record stores across Europe for the time being. Just online orders, which sucks.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2020 6:32 pm

I get what you mean, although most music I listen to isn't available in regular music stores.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2020 12:30 am

Required Fields wrote:
I get what you mean, although most music I listen to isn't available in regular music stores.

Same for me. I mainly frequent specialized shops where i usually find rare stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2020 12:43 pm

We've reached zero new cases.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-06-finland-virus-milestone-cases.html
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2020 3:52 pm

50 new cases today. Numbers are on the rise again. Lockdown has been extended until the first week of July.

Problem is that people are acting irresponsibly since deconfinement was announced.

I passed in front of a few pubs earlier tonight while doing my daily run. Crowded, no social distancing nor masks.

It's as if no one cares anymore...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 27 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: