Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I have LICE!!!!!

Go down 
+11
corplhicks
Troublezone
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
scottmitchell74
Eyesore
nevermore
tohostudios
Thrasher73
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
15 posters

Are you COOL? Nanu Nanu ShazButt
On thru the night, high n dry, pyromania
I have LICE!!!!! Vote_lcap93%I have LICE!!!!! Vote_rcap
 93% [ 13 ]
Everything else
I have LICE!!!!! Vote_lcap7%I have LICE!!!!! Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
I prefer Blind Tiger
I have LICE!!!!! Vote_lcap0%I have LICE!!!!! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 8:46 pm

Not really.  But, it has always been a head-scratcher to me that there are peeps, peeps right here on this board, that think post-Pyromania Lep is better than the first three.  So, just calling you out.  Please post your preference so I know whom's homes to place a pox upon....  Thank you and God Bless Heath Miller and the FlopHousers.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 8:53 pm

Heath........now there’s a name I haven’t heard forever. Lol!

The first 3 any day!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 9:46 pm

Seriously? There are people here who think the post-Pyromania albums are better than the band's first three?

Name them!! Instant ban!!!! just kidding

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25766

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 10:00 pm

No one should ever ever believe post-Pyro Def Leppard is any good!!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 10:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Seriously?  There are people here who think the post-Pyromania albums are better than the band's first three?  

Name them!!  Instant ban!!!!   just kidding

Me, bitch. Hysteria is the greatest album of all time.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 10:38 pm

I'll give a pass on Hysteria; IMO that was the "transitional album" where Def Leppard went from GREAT to "We're going to put out lightweight pop-metal crap from now on".

Hysteria isn't horrible but it's definitely the beginning of the end of a once-great band for me.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 6:03 am

I think Hysteria was the last great Def Leppard album. Everything I've heard after that was pretty mundane stuff.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 7:12 am

Arguably my least favorite metal band.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 8:27 am

First 3 are essential, but I do like Hysteria and Adrenalize too.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 9:54 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:

My exact sentiments. I was lost when "Slang" came out. That first impression is hard to get over. It's happened to me with VH and "OU812" and Metallica with the "Load" and "Reload" releases too.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 1:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'll give a pass on Hysteria; IMO that was the "transitional album" where Def Leppard went from GREAT to "We're going to put out lightweight pop-metal crap from now on".

Hysteria isn't horrible but it's definitely the beginning of the end of a once-great band for me.

It was the first album I ever bought, so obviously my opinion is biased as hell. I do, however, think it's a fantastic album regardless. Yeah, quite a leap from the first three, but from a purely objective standpoint, as a poppy hard rock album, it's pretty much perfect from start to finish.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 2:04 pm

the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

My exact sentiments. I was lost when "Slang" came out. That first impression is hard to get over. It's happened to me with VH and "OU812" and Metallica with the "Load" and "Reload" releases too.

Slang didn't make much sense when it came out, but over time I've grown to like it quite a bit. For the most part, it's just Def Leppard stripped down without all the gloss, but there are some pretty cool songs where they kind of stepped outside of what they're known for. The biggest example being "Pearl of Euphoria."
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 2:27 pm

I don’t like anything they’ve done since Hysteria. It was bad enough when Pete Willis left... but when Steve Clark died, they lost that classic songwriting style and musicianship.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 2:42 pm

Eh, I like most of them in equal measure.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 11:56 pm

Stopped caring about them after they decided to embrace a pop sound.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 3:34 am

On Through The Night & High N Dry only for me please and thank you, with the nod to High N Dry.

High N Dry with Me and My Wine and minus the extra keyboard version of Bringin' On The Heartache.

There are some "good" songs on later albums up to point but the productions and layers upon layers upon layers got to much for me.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 8:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

Slang didn't make much sense when it came out, but over time I've grown to like it quite a bit. For the most part, it's just Def Leppard stripped down without all the gloss, but there are some pretty cool songs where they kind of stepped outside of what they're known for. The biggest example being "Pearl of Euphoria."

You know, Ken, I don't think it's so much that I don't like the mid 1990's albums from some of my all time fave bands, it has more to do with the state of heavy music at that time. I felt like "my" favorite music was pushed to the side in favor of Grunge and Nu Metal and Alternative. I always held out hope that Hard Rock and Metal would make a comeback behind strong albums from genre stalwarts and mega sellers like Metallica, Motley, Jovi, and Leppard. But as the decade wore on, each seemed to just keep disappointing me with seemingly phoned in, watered down offerings.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 8:44 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Stopped caring about them after they decided to embrace a pop sound.

They always had a pop sound.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 8:46 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

You know, Ken, I don't think it's so much that I don't like the mid 1990's albums from some of my all time fave bands, it has more to do with the state of heavy music at that time. I felt like "my" favorite music was pushed to the side in favor of Grunge and Nu Metal and Alternative. I always held out hope that Hard Rock and Metal would make a comeback behind strong albums from genre stalwarts and mega sellers like Metallica, Motley, Jovi, and Leppard. But as the decade wore on, each seemed to just keep disappointing me with seemingly phoned in, watered down offerings.

Can't say I disagree with that. Most of my favorite albums from that period are not hard rock or heavy metal albums. Too many of those bands were just confused.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 12:16 pm

The first three by a mile but I'm not crazy about them either!

Pour Some Sugar On Me makes me feel violently ill! sick
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

I don't remember when it was that I first gave "Slang" a chance? It was probably a little over ten years ago. Here was the problem with that album...the first three singles were "Slang", "Work It Out" and "All I Want Is Everything", which are some of the worst songs on the album! I remember Joe Elliott having this fascination with Boyz II Men and stating something to the effect of wanting to write something more in the vain of that stylistically than what they had previously. When I heard that, I was more or less good riddance. I didn't mind Boyz II Men, but you're Def Leppard and no offense, but you need to sound something like Def Leppard. It must have been some time in 2008 or 2009 that someone on these boards talked about giving that whole album a listen...and it wasn't you.

...and duh, the first three.

I remembered hearing the first three singles and absolutely loathing them. But, then I heard "Truth?" and "Turn To Dust" and thought this is something I could get on board with. It wasn't classic Def Leppard, but at least it wasn't lowering oneself to the lowest common denominator. I thought those songs were pretty decent, but I was shocked with the latter half of the album and in particular "Deliver Me", "Gift of Flesh" and their fourth best song post "Retro Active", is "Pearl of Euphoria." What I thought was an unlistenable album, was now pretty good for all intents and purposes. "Slang" as an album is both awful and great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I have LICE!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have LICE!!!!!   I have LICE!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have LICE!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: