Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lesser known cult horror movies

Go down 
+3
mikeinfla
Fat Freddy
Mglaffas81
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Lesser known cult horror movies Empty
PostSubject: Lesser known cult horror movies   Lesser known cult horror movies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 1:56 pm

My friend and I have been enjoying ourselves a lot watching all the Puppet Master movies and it made me think - what is a franchise that you feel most people aren't aware of, but that people should know about?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known cult horror movies   Lesser known cult horror movies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 2:56 pm

It's not a "franchise," but if you want cult, you gotta dig into the Italian horror flicks of the late 70s and early 80s, i.e. "Zombie," "New York Ripper," "Dr. Butcher, M.D.," "Phenomena" (aka "Creepers"), "Cannibal Holocaust," "Nightmare City" and on and on....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known cult horror movies   Lesser known cult horror movies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 3:05 pm

Not a series either but a great movie. They were planning a second movie at one point. Picked it up on BluRay a couple of years ago.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known cult horror movies   Lesser known cult horror movies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 3:06 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Not a series either but a great movie. They were planning a second movie at one point. Picked it up on BluRay a couple of years ago.

Oh yea, Killer Klowns is the shizz!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known cult horror movies   Lesser known cult horror movies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 3:45 pm

So many great 1 off horror movies and even some excellent franchises.

One I am currently gaga over is the Hell House LLC trilogy.

Not everyone's cup of tea as they are "found footage films" but man these 3 (number 2 was not as amazing as 1 & 3, but still good) are really nice. Certainly a lot of thought went into these and super cool that these are from 2015 to 2019, so yep brand new and still acceptable. Smile

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known cult horror movies   Lesser known cult horror movies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2020 9:56 am

I would suggest Ghoulies. I know it's not really "unknown" per se, but they have always seemed to exist in the shadow of Gremlins success.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known cult horror movies   Lesser known cult horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 8:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

Oh yea, Killer Klowns is the shizz!

Smile Hell yah, love that movie!  Bought it on DVD years ago, and watch it once or twice a year.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known cult horror movies   Lesser known cult horror movies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 8:53 pm

I just bought a 5 disc set of the Phantasm movies. I've seen 1,2 and 4; the first two are great but the 4th one was meh. I'm not sure if I've seen the other two in this collection but given the relatively cheap price I decided to jump on it.

The Phantasm franchise is a weird mix of horror and science fiction and of course features "The Tall Man" (Angus Scrimm). I find the basic premise behind the series fascinatingly original; beings from another dimension (or planet) resurrect the human dead and force them into slave labor. And of course there's the legendary "flying ball". There's a lot to digest in the first two films so I guess I'll see how much more there is to mine from this premise in the other films in the series.

PostSubject: Re: Lesser known cult horror movies   Lesser known cult horror movies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lesser known cult horror movies
Page 1 of 1