Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!

Go down 
+31
MetalGuy71
anthrax_fan
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
SideShowDisaSter
Lari
Temple of Blood
John Madden
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Citanul
Boris2008
Rami Airola
Wrecked Neck
glassprison
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
Hadley
Troublezone
Eyesore
Glower
Mglaffas81
Required Fields
BearOnUnicycle
Gilbert
tohostudios
James B.
Fat Freddy
corplhicks
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 11:05 pm

Despite being a Kiss fan, i consider them to be very overrated. You only need a good compilation of some of their best tunes in your collection.

Same goes for Aerosmith.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 7:42 am

Gilbert wrote:
Despite being a Kiss fan, i consider them to be very overrated. You only need a good compilation of some of their best tunes in your collection.

Same goes for Aerosmith.

Good point. I have been a fan since I was a kid, but I can step back and see why people either love them or hate them. I find myself listening to more 1980's and early 90's Kiss as I am really burnt out on the classics from the 70's. By contrast, I have no interest in anything other than classic '73-'78 Aerosmith. I can't remember the last time I listened to an Aerosmith album after Aerosmith - Live! Bootleg.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 7:55 am

Aerosmith was better when they were still outta their minds on dope!

...wait, that's probably the popular opinion. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 11:00 am

I can't stand:

Pink Floyd
ZZ Top
Def Leppard
The Doors

Grew on me over the years:

Judas Priest - I now find some of their work to be insanely good
ACDC - Still not a giant fan, but I recognize

I love Musicals!

I denied this for decades until after going to see Phantom in NYC with my family it dawned on me: Little Shop of Horrors, Jesus Christ Superstar, Mama Mia, Fiddler on the Roof, Phantom, Grease!...wait a second...I like musicals!

I love Cricket
I like Soccer

I can't stand fishing or motor sports.

I love the cold weather and snow!

The beach is beautiful, but overrated. Great to visit,not sure I'd like to live there. All the sand is quite annoying, and I bet living next to it the sand would become unbearable after the novelty wore off.

Christina Applegate = boring
Julia Stiles = actively unattractive
Kirsten Dunst = actively unattractive and RUINS everything she's in

Hillary Swank = Gorgeous! I love the Wall of Ivory. Love it!
Serena = goddess! I love all that muscle and thickness (though I don't like her much)
Faith Hill > Carrie Underwood (Strictly aesthetically speaking. Don't know a single song from each of them. This is a Monday/Sunday football comment)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 11:23 am

70s Priest > 80s Priest.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 11:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
70s Priest > 80s Priest.

Due to Stained Class and Sad Wings of Destiny, I agree with you on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 11:35 am

Required Fields wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
70s Priest > 80s Priest.

Due to Stained Class and Sad Wings of Destiny, I agree with you on this.

Ooooo that is a TOUGH one. I'd almost rather say all Priest > no Priest.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39180

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 11:47 am

Besides Screaming and Defenders, the rest of the Priest 80s era is just passable music.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 1:48 pm

The Black Album is a heavy metal masterpiece and blows its contemporaries away
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 1:55 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

If you cut Nothing Else Matters and Unforgiven, I agree.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Priest is better than Maiden.
Rush is awful.
Metal bands doing acoustic and symphonic albums is stupid.
Helloween is goofy nonsense.
Almost all concept albums are garbage.
Sacred Reich sucks.
The Black Album is lazy and boring.
Cheap Trick does nothing for me outside a few songs.
Stones > Beatles. Frankly I don't care at all about the Beatles and I hate them to spite idiot Boomers.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9853

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 4:24 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

It is. It's the album that introduced me to Metallica back in the early 90's.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 8:22 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Rush is awful.
Sacred Reich sucks.
Stones > Beatles. Frankly I don't care at all about the Beatles and I hate them to spite idiot Boomers.

Maiden > Priest, but it's close.

Rush's best 20 ever would make two great albums, and the rest is forgettable.

Not sure what you mean by Symphonic. Like Fleshgod Apacolypse? Then I strongly disagree!!!!!!!!!

Depends on the concept. Again, a working definition is needed. Good metal is good metal.

I'd say peak Stones is better than peak Beatles, but the Beatles good stuff is really good.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 9:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
70s Priest > 80s Priest.

Maybe it's cuz I am wee bit younger, but I love them equally. I have to...I ...am ...the ...Sentinel! Bwwahhaaa!!! It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 604261
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 9:07 pm

I love AC/DC...but Angus and the schoolboy outfit is just dumb.

Also, think Steel Panther just sucks. They are great musicians, but the joke is old! I saw them open for Priest in 2014 and after 3 songs I made a beer run and didn't come back til the set was over.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 11:47 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Rush is awful.
Sacred Reich sucks.

Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Maybe
Absolutely Not
Maybe
For you
Though I don't have a problem with Stones > Beatles, I'm sorry you're in the minority. Though, I'm a much bigger McCartney than Lennon guy.

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 11:48 pm

For a song that is beloved by the masses, "Metal Gods" has the worst fucking chorus of all time.

Judas Priest is great, but the love for the "Painkiller" album is over the top.

"Got to Choose" by KISS is an absolute classic that no one ever talks about

Trouble is the greatest band that I don't devote enough time to

1995 was the worst year for not only metal, but maybe music in general.

1984 is the greatest year for music period!

Dave Wight on Blabbermouth has the stupidest schtick on Blabbermouth, but somehow it's paying dividends.

Fat Freddy's brother is wrong about Corrosion of Conformity post "Animosity"

Eyesore is the ultimate fanboy for Def Leppard and he should just parade around on stage like Eddie (for Maiden) during Def Leppard gigs.

No one has done more to damage their legacy than Yngwie, due to his revolving door of musicians. All hail narcissism!

As much as I've tried to get into Krokus, I can't.

Cherie Currie is the most overrated person in the history of rock 'n roll
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2020 7:10 am

Quote :
Fat Freddy's brother is wrong about Corrosion of Conformity post "Animosity"

Laughing very hard I've been telling him that for years.

Quote :
Eyesore is the ultimate fanboy for Def Leppard and he should just parade around on stage like Eddie (for Maiden) during Def Leppard gigs

I would pay to see that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2020 12:26 pm

Megadeth are absolutely terrible live - I've seen them twice, once in 09' as part of the Priest Feast tour and once in 2018, again opening for Priest - first time around they were at best mediocre, but this latest one was flat out bad - just a muddy, wall of noise with non-existent vocals by Mustaine - it's like he's not even trying - before someone chimes in with pointing out his throat cancer, it was the same 10 years ago, in attitude and execution - a lot of the songs were almost indiscernible from each other, especially the newer material I am not familiar with - awful.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2020 1:10 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

Megadeth are absolutely terrible live - I've seen them twice, once in 09' as part of the Priest Feast tour and once in 2018, again opening for Priest - first time around they were at best mediocre, but this latest one was flat out bad - just a muddy, wall of noise with non-existent vocals by Mustaine - it's like he's not even trying - before someone chimes in with pointing out his throat cancer, it was the same 10 years ago, in attitude and execution - a lot of the songs were almost indiscernible from each other, especially the newer material I am not familiar with - awful.  
First time I saw them was in support of Dio during the So Far so Good tour. Went to a meet and greet autograph event they had at a record store before the show and Dave was so wasted he could barely sit up straight. Show starts and he was still wasted. Sat on a bar stool for half the show, couldn't play for shit and was just terrible.

I swore off Megadeth shows after that night, and kept my oath until 1998/99 on the New Years Evil show they were at. They were one of the opening acts for Black Sabbath reunion and I wasn't going to miss that. Megadeth was actually really damn good that night, so I forgave them after that. Been to about three shows after that, and until the last time I saw them, they were all good. The last show I caught was the tour they had Volbeat open. It was pretty much how you described, vocals were for shit, and just not very good. I'll probably give them one more shot depending on the opening band, but if they suck again I'm done with their shows.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2020 1:44 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

You saw them right before the down tuning happened, when Dave's voice couldn't hit the high notes anymore and the band way past their prime. There's your answer. I saw them in early 1993 and summer of 2000 and was more than satisfied. The '93 show was one of the best I've ever seen. Dave was sober still at that point as well.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 12:33 am

Saw Megadeth on the Rust In Peace tour. They were tight as hell! Of course that’s been a minute, and they had Friedman and Menza.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 1:41 am

What do you expect from Megadeth? Mustaine is obviously way past his prime... but at least he still makes above average studio albums! Don’t pretend Metallica or the other big 4 bands are any different! 1986 is long gone.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 3:39 am

I saw Metallica last summer and thought they were good - I enjoyed the show, that's all I can say. Lars apparently has issues with timing and tempo, not that I noticed it much, but overall I think they did well.

Obviously they're never going to be as good as in the late 80s/early 90s (few could touch Metallica live in that era in my opinion, though I haven't experienced it in person, but even after that they remained a great live band), but Testament were the opening act of the Priest Feast show in 09' and they annihilated! Seeing them next week actually, with Exodus and Death Angel - I'm pretty much unfamiliar with both of the latter bands, as I don't really listen to much out-and-out thrash, but I'm hoping for a good show.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 7:38 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Saw Megadeth on the Rust In Peace tour. They were tight as hell! Of course that’s been a minute, and they had Friedman and Menza.

Me too, that was their absolute peak.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!   It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's that time again...for MORE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS!
Page 5 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next