Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crossover / Thrash ...

Go down 
+7
steelers
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
nevermore
ZombieHavoc
Thrasher73
anthrax_fan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Crossover / Thrash ... Empty
PostSubject: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 7:30 pm

So what are some of your favourites on this Genre ?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2019 9:33 pm

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 10:28 am

My favorite current crossover band is Red Death.

My favorite fairly current but I don't think still together crossover band is Iron Age.

Plus I love all the good shit from the 80s. DRI's Crossover and Thrash Zone. Suicidal. Gang Green.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 2:14 pm

D.R.I.
Suicidal Tendencies
early C.O.C.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 2:35 pm

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 2:52 pm

The SOD album is probably the pinnacle of crossover, but I admit both that record and USA for MOD are weird to me to listen to, though I still do sometimes. I know Scott Ian has talked about people being stupid for taking SEOD as something serious and emblematic of his or their views....but I mean, on USA for MOD, Milano drops the N word--and during one of the least toungue-in-cheek songs on the album to boot. So it's like the shortest line to draw from one of Milano's bands to the other.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 3:36 pm

The Crucified

Suicidal Tendencies (Rocky George era)

SOD

DRI

Sacred Reich (first three)

Cro-Mags

Crumbsuckers
Back to top Go down
steelers
Metal student
Metal student
steelers

Number of posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 8:56 pm

Good call on The Crucified “S/T” and Six Feet Deep “Struggle.”
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 2:41 am

steelers wrote:
Good call on The Crucified “S/T” and Six Feet Deep “Struggle.”

Definitely! I love both of those albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 2:44 am

I’d also add the early Biohazard albums.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 9:54 pm

Way to many to list for me. Obviously S.O.D., early mid C.O.C., late early mid D.R.I., second album on Suicidal and the Cro-Mags though as others have already listed. Some others though would be the Crumbsuckers, some Agnostic Front, some Void, some Warzone, Cryptic Slaughter, some Exploited, Some Discharge, some English Dogs, some Broken Bones, some Slapshot, Nuclear Assault. Just to may to name really.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Has anyone here ever heard of Dr. Know , Evol and Leeway ?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 8:35 pm

anthrax_fan wrote:

I saw Leeway open for Suicidal Tendencies in Brooklyn, New York... a very, VERY long time ago.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Speaking of Brooklyn... Carnivore's Retaliation is pretty much crossover personified IMO

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2019 1:47 pm

I totally forgot S.O.D. and M.O.D.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2019 2:11 pm

7thSecond wrote:
....some Agnostic Front, some Void.....some Slapshot

All great mentions.

One Voice is one of my favorite AF records. Void is one of the undeniable best hardcore bands ever, and Potions for Bad Dreams is excellent and badly in need of an official release. And as much as I love 80s Slapshot, I equally love records like Blast Furnace.

Lots of ground covered in that post. The one I did want to add that gets overlooked sometimes is Boston's Straw Dogs, which is ex- The F.U.'s.

Punks make the best metal.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2019 9:58 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
7thSecond wrote:
....some Agnostic Front, some Void.....some Slapshot

All great mentions.

One Voice is one of my favorite AF records. Void is one of the undeniable best hardcore bands ever, and Potions for Bad Dreams is excellent and badly in need of an official release. And as much as I love 80s Slapshot, I equally love records like Blast Furnace.

I just saw Slapshot and Agnostic Front on the 9th. Great show!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2019 7:00 am

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 11:28 am

anthrax_fan wrote:

Dr. Know is great.

But I was trying to remember where I knew Evol from and I figured it out today. I had this comp called "Banned in LA/Band Togehter: Mosh on Fire". That title totally feels like they came up with three titles for their comp and just couldn't let any of them go. Anyway, Evol had a track on there.

The whole comp is pretty good, if not remarkable. One half Suicidal clones, one half Metallica clones. Which is all fine in my book. I liked the Erotikill song on the comp quite a bit, which let me to purchase the album when someone (Divebomb maybe?) reissued it a couple years ago.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2019 2:49 am

B.T.W. , this band "Carnivore" preety much sums up what crossover was all about ... I heard Peter Steele used to play bass for this band ...
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 8:00 am

anthrax_fan wrote:
B.T.W. , this band "Carnivore" preety much sums up what crossover was all about ... I heard Peter Steele used to play bass for this band ...

Steele also sang for the band too.

Carnivore were so good. Another band whose lyrical content is...questionalbe at best. But regardless, they rip.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 12:31 pm

Pete Steele pretty much was Carnivore. He wrote all the stuff, played bass, sang, and was the only consistent band member thru their short but pivotal history.

When Type O Negative was still playing clubs in and around New York in the early 90s, sometimes they'd pad out the set list with a couple of Carnivore songs. I saw'em do "Jesus Hitler" once and hooooooly shit, the place went nuclear, haha

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 6:47 pm

Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 6:37 pm

anthrax_fan wrote:

One of the Coach's favorite bands of all time. A concept album with science fiction themes, and a very unique voice.A former punk band, it has few concessions to hardcore, going full on heavy/thrash. Sort of a less progressive Vektor. Highly recommended.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2020 7:04 pm

Excel is one of my favorites from LA right there with Beowulf, Wasted Youth, and ST.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crossover / Thrash ...   Crossover / Thrash ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crossover / Thrash ...
Page 1 of 1