Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Information Society and other Synth Pop groups ...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Information Society and other Synth Pop groups ... Empty
PostSubject: Information Society and other Synth Pop groups ...   Information Society and other Synth Pop groups ... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2019 3:45 am

Back in 1989 before I "converted" to Metal I was heavily into Pop , Acid House , Synth Pop and lighter rock , mainly stuff (lighter rock) sung in portuguese . But a Minneapolis group caught my attention about August 1989 and became and addiction : Information Society .

Altought when I "converted" to metal I stared losing interest naturally for all things Pop and Acid House , this band still stayed on my playlists for a longer time .

By the end of 1990 they released "Hack" and I bought it weeks after and kindda liked it , altought my interest for this type of music by November 1990 waned almost 100 % , but I still liked InSoc for a while .

I eventualy lost interest on them completely as I dug deeper into the Metal / Hard Rock realm and I didn´t know they released an album in 1992 called "Peace and love Inc." untill 2001 or 2002 , when I eventually found a website made by Kurt Harland (singer) where he expalined with details what happened to the band after 1993 .

All in all , with this 80´s music revival of all kinds , they are highly revered again as one of the creators of Synth Pop along with New Order and Depeche Mode .

What do you all think about them ?

Back to top Go down

Information Society and other Synth Pop groups ...
Page 1 of 1