Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Ozzy Song Released

Go down 
+18
Troublezone
ZombieHavoc
mikeinfla
corplhicks
Lurideath
Eyesore
James B.
martinsane
Dark Horseman
Wrecked Neck
assault_attack
Gilbert
Lari
Mglaffas81
glassprison
Glower
Witchfinder
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

New Ozzy Song Released Empty
PostSubject: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 9:48 am

Believe it or not, Ozzy just released a new song:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 9:58 am

Tremendous. Sound like Ozzy may have relapsed. Hard..
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 10:20 am

This is probably the best song I've heard from him since...I don't know...Ozzmosis came out?

That said, what a disappointing (and downright annoying) guitar solo. Who is that on this recording?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 10:49 am

glassprison wrote:
This is probably the best song I've heard from him since...I don't know...Ozzmosis came out?

That said, what a disappointing (and downright annoying) guitar solo. Who is that on this recording?

Some guy professionally known as Andrew Watt, who also serves as producer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Watt_(musician)

My initial thoughts about the song remain, "meh".
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 12:46 pm

What happened to Gus G?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 3:57 pm

It doesn't look like any members of his live/touring band have been involved in the new release - none of them are listed in the credits on Wikipedia, though there may be details missing.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 pm

Average song. Glad that Ozzy is still around though...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 6:19 pm

I had no idea he had a new album coming out. It's not a bad song and does sound like something off Ozzmosis (The last Ozzy album I bought).
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 6:48 pm

007 wrote:
I had no idea he had a new album coming out. It's not a bad song and does sound like something off Ozzmosis (The last Ozzy album I bought).
That's the only Ozzy album I ever bought.

...I like Zakk Wylde.

I also have the Ozzman Cometh 2CD compilation. Cool Black Sabbath demos, especially that original version of War Pigs called Walpurgis (though it's not called that on the CD, but that's the version, complete with the original lyrics).
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 7:47 pm

As stated above On guitar Andrew watt from California Breed with Glenn Hughes and Jason Bonham.

I really like that cd. Andrew is not a metal shredder on leads. More of a 70's vibe in his playing. He is a really good singer too!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 9:32 pm

Lari wrote:
007 wrote:
That's the only Ozzy album I ever bought.

...I like Zakk Wylde.

I also have the Ozzman Cometh 2CD compilation. Cool Black Sabbath demos, especially that original version of War Pigs called Walpurgis (though it's not called that on the CD, but that's the version, complete with the original lyrics).

I love Ozzy's early albums, from Blizzard up to Bark at the Moon. Some real classics on these ones.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2019 11:55 pm

Haven't been able to get thru it all the way yet, but what I've head d hasn't really grabbed me. I'll still buy the album, cause its Ozzy, but hope there are better songs on it than this.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 12:18 pm

Another vote for meh.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2019 12:21 pm

Its OK I guess. Obviously we won't hear anything like the first half dozen albums ever again.

As for the guitarist the solo was my favorite part.

The lyrics are laughable.

And "smart" move by Sharon on hiring studio musicians and paying scale, no royalties, so all cash goes to her.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12590

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 9:04 am

Made it to the chorus and it lost me there

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 12:05 pm

When I started seeing so many positive comments about this song, I was excited. Then I heard it.

I don't get it. Aside from the short bit around 3:30, which has a kind of Sabbath feel, it's a pop song disguised as metal. No thanks.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 1:55 pm

Today I woke up and I hate myself
Death doesn't answer when I cry for help
No high could save me from the depths of Hell
I'll drown my mind until I'm someone else
Don't take care of me, be scared of me
My misery owns me
I don't wanna be my enemy
My misery owns me now
Under the graveyard
We're all rotting bones
Oh oh oh, oh oh oh
Everything you are
Can't take it when you go
Oh oh oh, oh oh oh
I ain't livin' this lie no more
Ain't livin' this lie no more, oh oh oh
Oh oh oh, oh oh oh
It's cold in the graveyard
We all die alone
Cover my eyes so I can't see it clear
One sip away from everything I fear
Ashes to ashes, watch me disappear
Closer to home because the end is near
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2019 9:43 pm

The song grew on me. At first I laughed because it was just very bland. After hearing it 10 times it is definitely a pop song but it just latched on to my brain!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2019 8:02 am

Eyesore wrote:
When I started seeing so many positive comments about this song, I was excited. Then I heard it.

I don't get it. Aside from the short bit around 3:30, which has a kind of Sabbath feel, it's a pop song disguised as metal. No thanks.

Looking at who the producer/guitarist has worked with in the past, it's no surprise.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2019 3:17 pm

I love it! It's not my first choice for a single, would have appreciated something heavier. But it's an Ozzy ballad, and pretty much all of Ozzy's ballads are pop songs disguised as metal. Hell, Ozzmosis practically is a pop album. Overall, not bad for an old fart.

Like many have voiced on the internet, this would have been miles better with Zakk. The current guitarist kind of blows. My brain kept asking where the hell all the pinch harmonics were while listening to this song.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 4:29 am

Another new one, featuring Slash

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 5:31 am

This song is not bad at all!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 6:27 am

That song's ok I guess
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 8:54 am

Lari wrote:

I really love those Sabbath demos on that comp, a whole whole lot.

But you should get more Ozzy albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 10:37 am

I will get the new Ozzy album if it ends up for $5 in the shrinking Walmart cd section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ozzy Song Released   New Ozzy Song Released Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Ozzy Song Released
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next