Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division

Go down 
+5
Thrasher73
Eyesore
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
Lari
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Empty
PostSubject: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Mp-metadvision

Coming January 10th.

I love this band. Excellent, catchy, HEAVY, aggressive power metal.

Savage Souls is still their best, but they've been damn consistent:
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Larmer28/ranking-mystic-prophecy-albums/
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2019 5:25 pm

I am definitely in. Excellent musicianship headbanger.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2019 11:35 pm

Haven't been the same without Gus, I think Regressus is their best.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 2:18 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Haven't been the same without Gus, I think Regressus is their best.
I don't know about that. They got heavier and more aggressive after Gus G left.

Satanic Curses is known in their hype texts as "the world's heaviest heavy metal album".

I do love Regressus though. It's one of their better ones, but they have topped it a few times since.

I liked the this track from the previous album:
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 4:09 pm

I need to properly revisit their albums.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2019 4:37 pm

Brilliant band, new and old stuff. Can't wait for this!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 2:57 am

Freakin love them! To me the trifecta is Savage Souls, Satanic Curses and Fireangel. I love this song;

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 4:23 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
Freakin love them! To me the trifecta is Savage Souls, Satanic Curses and Fireangel. 
That was an amazing run they had. Savage Souls is still my favourite. Combined massive hooks with heaviness and aggression. The two follow-ups matched that same style. After that they slowed down a little, and had an even heavier sound. But sacrificed a little bit of that energy by doing so.

My Savage Souls came with a bonus live DVD as well, which is great.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 5:22 am

Fireangel is the only MP cd still missing from my collection. Need to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 12:16 pm

I enjoy some stuff after Gus but they seem more hit and miss imo.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2019 5:02 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Fireangel is the only MP cd still missing from my collection. Need to pick it up.
Yes. It's another winner. The missing link between Satanic Curses and Ravenlord, though it leans more towards 'Curses'.

This track came up in my Mystic Prophecy random playlist rotation today (when driving my kid to hockey):

A perfect example of the power/thrash or "dark power metal" the band has trademarked. Manly metal. The riffs always deliver and Liapakis has such a powerful voice.

I find Fireangel to be a very consistent album. The three since that have all had a few mediocre, or "generic" or even bad tracks. The one with Vikings and their cannons, for instance, makes me cringe. Warriors of the Northern Seas. Just an example. But all in all, this band doesn't seem to stray too much, and does things right. And Lia, man, he sounds so credible. He could make the yellow pages sound dramatic. When he sings something, I believe it. Even the Vikings and their roaring cannons. Must have been a sight.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2019 8:31 am

When I first bouth Regressus, I was really turned off by the vocals, but after several listens they grew on me and that CD became one of my favorite power metal albums. Power metal doesn't really get me going any more, but MP are one band who I will generally check out their new releases, and they are usually pretty solid.

Dig that cover art.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 11:10 am

New song out:

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2019 7:41 pm

Imo, after Gus, they made the same album over and over. I know power metal is like that but this just doesn't grab me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 8:54 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Imo, after Gus, they made the same album over and over. I know power metal is like that but this just doesn't grab me.

I tend to agree about their music becoming a bit samey. I will still pick up the new album. Mystic Prophecy are in my top 15 favourite bands headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 9:30 am

Yeah, there isn't too much variety but why would you even want to vary away from awesome perfection? When you have such a good thing going, changing things up can only make it worse.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2019 4:51 pm

That song wasn't that awesome on first listen, but maybe it'll grow on me.

At least it had like soldiers and stuff and not just sluts like in some of their previous videos.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2019 1:27 pm

Personally, I think that songs kicks ass. Looking forward to the full release next year.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeSat Dec 21, 2019 1:08 pm

I'll be picking this up as well.

Wargod60
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 11:44 am

It took awhile to get into this CD because of the way it starts. The first track is pure Dream Evil, and I can't say I like it too much. The pounding, marching, cheesy stuff along with the "hooh, hah!" shouts, and the next few don't work that well either. Power metal. Generic power metal, even. The stuff Mystic Prophecy wasn't supposed to be.

But then they start to kick ass starting from Curse of the Slayer. That's EXACTLY the kind of power/thrash I want from my Mystic Prophecy. Great stuff. And the next track (Dracula) is possibly the best on the album, despite the cheese. Massive riff, big hook, heavy, aggressive, unique Lia vocals... and the rest of the album flows well, too. Just takes awhile to get going.

It's still power/thrash, sort of, but too many squeaky clean neat-produced power metal tracks. Tempo stays in that middle, HEAVY, BRUTAL, range instead of face melting speed. A small letdown, to be honest. Their worst since Never-ending, back when Gus G was still in the band.

He probably would like this album, actually, Gus G would (considering he was IN Dream Evil).
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 12:05 pm

Tracks 4-11 are really good though. Die With the Hammer is amazing, and so is the closer, Victory Is Mine.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 12:25 pm

Lari wrote:
Tracks 4-11 are really good though. Die With the Hammer is amazing, and so is the closer, Victory Is Mine.

I loved the album and the closer track is one of the best headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 3:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 11:42 pm

I believe this is the best song on the album:

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 8:38 am

I'm feeling particularly jazzed to queue this up on Spotify today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division   Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystic Prophecy - Metal Division
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next