Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)

Go down 
+7
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Boris2008
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
glassprison
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Empty
PostSubject: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 pm

I loved his last solo album One Sided War. This one sounds like it will continue in a similarly heavy vein (based on this first lyric video, and the roster of guests).

Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Michaelsweettencd

01. Better Part Of Me (featuring Jeff Loomis of ARCH ENEMY)
02. Lay It Down (featuring Marzi Montazeri)
03. Forget, Forgive (featuring Howie Simon)
04. Now Or Never (featuring Gus G of FIREWIND)
05. Ten (featuring Rich Ward of FOZZY)
06. Shine (featuring Ethan Brosh)
07. Let It Be Love
08. Never Alone (featuring Joel Hoekstra of WHITESNAKE)
09. When Love Is Hated (featuring Joel Hoekstra of WHITESNAKE)
10. Ricochet (featuring Tracii Guns of L.A. GUNS)

Bonus tracks:

11. With You Till The End (featuring Mike Kerr and Ian Raposa from FIRSTBOURNE)
12. Son Of Man (featuring Todd La Torre of QUEENSRŸCHE and Andy James)
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 6:55 pm

Liking that. Curious what guys like Hoekstra and Gus G will bring?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 pm

The song posted sounds great! And the main riff is very similar to The Way.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Jeff Loomis is one of the best! It’s really cool that Michael got some different secular players to participate. Too bad Alex Skolnick wasn’t involved...
In addition, I think Sebastian Bach would have been perfect for some guest vocals too (if they didn’t have that nasty dispute a while back). I’m kind of surprised Dave Mustaine didn’t play something. They are friends and it would have been an even better all star cast.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 12:10 am

Yeah, pretty decent. Much better than anything I heard of the last Stryper record.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 12:46 am

That's heavy! Nice scream too. Bring it on headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 6:20 am

It sounds like a cross between Judas Priest and Jake E Lee era Ozzy. This album might turn out to be his best ever! Can’t wait to hear the rest! I can do without one of his fluffy ballads though...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 9:27 am

I'm thinking of Bach and Mustaine in a room working together. grim reaper
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 10:16 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

There'd have to be a betting pool on who would throw the first punch.

But seriously... One Sided War was great, so I'm all in on the new one. Go Mike.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 11:15 am

Dark Horseman wrote:

Different recording sessions. I don’t think any of the guest artists are in the studio at the same time...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 11:24 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

There'd have to be a betting pool on who would throw the first punch.

But seriously... One Sided War was great, so I'm all in on the new one. Go Mike.

Well Bach would need to reach an all time low to punch a guy with cancer. But if Mustaine was back 100% healthy, I guarantee he’d kick Bach’s ass. The guy has practiced Martial Arts for years.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2019 1:47 am

The guitar parts sound great......and I’ll just leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 1:15 am

Got it on my Amazon wantlist. This year is an outstanding year for metal releases!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 2:28 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Got it on my Amazon wantlist. This year is an outstanding year for metal releases!!!!

It is headbanger headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 6:03 am

Here is a very SWEET recent phone interview about the upcoming album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn2IKFUBsqs
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 4:32 pm

Lyric video - "Shine"

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 6:52 pm

Ethan Brosh on guitar, a maestro along the lines of Vai and Satriani.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 7:30 pm

This is shaping up to be maybe the best album of his career. It has his best guitar sound, great production, the vocals are like he’s still 25 and guest solos from guys like Jeff Loomis!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 9:36 pm

His voice does really sound amazing here! It's a cool song and the guitar work is obviously killer.

I would really like to see him do a solo tour with a full band, but it would certainly be hard to find someone who could cover the parts of all these great guests. Michael has put out a lot of great songs in recent years though. It would be awesome to hear some of them live.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 10:11 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Ethan Brosh on guitar, a maestro along the lines of Vai and Satriani.

I told my guitar player friend about him, and he said he had heard of him and that he was a badass. I wish he'd play on all songs.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2019 10:59 pm

Man, i can't wait for this album to be out headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 2:07 pm

New song:

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 10:54 pm

Good song, he's got some great guests.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 12:10 am

It seems a little weird to release a lyric video before the album comes out for song that was (at least initially) listed as one of two "bonus tracks."

I like Michael's effort in getting guests artists, but here I really don't see how La Torre contributes anything that Michael couldn't have done himself. It only makes for a somewhat awkward swing between different timbres in the alternating lines of the verses.

This track aside, still looking forward to the album!

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2019 5:00 am

Really good song! I think he’s using his better material on solo stuff instead of Stryper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)   Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Sweet--TEN (Coming October 11)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: