Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TNT

Go down 
+7
Lari
tohostudios
nevermore
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Lbeis
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lbeis
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

TNT Empty
PostSubject: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 8:42 am

I've always been a huge fan of TNT. Saw them open for Stryper on the In God We Trust tour and was hooked. I have always loved Tony Harnell's voice and the cool sounds Ronnie Le Tekro gets from his guitar. Realized Fantasies is my favorite record. I like Knights of The New Thunder and Tell No Tales as well. I couldn't get into the writing of the new album. The New Singer is good but he's no Harnell. Anyone else like these guys?
Back to top Go down
Lbeis
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 7

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 9:19 am

Sorry. I'm new to the board and clearly didn't read the section heading very well. This should not be posted in this section. I read all the rules and broke them with my first post. Geez nice start
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 9:29 am

I enjoy Tell No Tales and Knights pretty well. I agree Harnell has a great voice.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 10:02 am

Been a hyper TNT fan since Knights was released. I own everything from Harnell and LeTekro's solo stuff to Vagabond [a HELLUVA band!!!] and all of the Harnell projects. Some is better than others [apologies to Ronni's solo albums]. But a fanboy has to have it ALL!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 1:01 pm

TNT are a great band!! Knights Of The New Thunder is a perfect album to me!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 2:32 pm

I've only heard bits and pieces of anything post-Realized Fantasies and wasn't too impressed by them. But the first 4 - Knights, Tell No Tales, Intuition and Realized Fantasies are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 2:59 pm

S/T was their debut 007. I agree, I could listen to the next 4 every day and never get bored.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 3:56 pm

Oh, I am not familiar with the self titled at all and didn't even consider that album. Was that with the original singer Dag something or other? I remember reading about it in a magazine article back in the day now that you brought it up.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2019 7:07 pm

Lbeis wrote:
Sorry.  I'm new to the board and clearly didn't read the section heading very well.  This should not be posted in this section.  I read all the rules and broke them with my first post.  Geez nice start

Don't worry about it; I know some people here who would be adamant that "TNT ARE NOT METAL and belong in the other section" if you posted this in Heart Of Metal forum.

Sometimes I think we should just have one general "Music Discussion" section and be done with it.

Anyway, back to TNT.  My first exposure to them was the Tell No Tales album and the first three tracks on the album blew my musical mind.  Still do actually, especially "As Far As The Eye Can See"; the vocals on that song still rock my world.

After that I bought Knights Of The New Thunder which I also liked but then for some reason I lost touch with the band.  And now my music tastes are so different (sleaze/glam/blues rock) that I really have no interest in trying to explore TNT any further.

But good grief did Tell No Tales rock my world at the time.  Same reaction I had to Hurricane's EP around the same time.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2019 11:27 am

TNT definitely falls under "the heavy metal and hard rock" umbrella.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3169

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Way back when, in the early 80's - on WERS - was a program called " Nasty Habits "
It was a Sunday Metal show - underground radio thing - 4 hours -
The dude was a black guy and cool as all hell !
Well he had, in his mix intro, to open his show " Deadly Metal ".
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2020 9:40 pm

I love TNT. I remember seeing the vids for 10,000 Lovers and Everyone's a Star on Headbanger's Ball back in 87 or so and was instantly hooked. I got the Tell No Tales cassette soon after and have been a fan ever since. I have to admit that I haven't "loved" the stuff from about 2007 on. But, the debut up to Realized Fantasies will always be gold in my eyes/ ears.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 6:22 pm

Nice band. I got into them over a year and a half ago, through Knights. Then i picked up Tell No Tales, which sports some great speedy tracks.

I recently purchased Realized Fantasies, and found it to be quite enjoyable. More hard rock oriented.

Will eventually buy more of their releases.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2020 6:35 pm

Lbeis wrote:
Sorry.  I'm new to the board and clearly didn't read the section heading very well.  This should not be posted in this section.  I read all the rules and broke them with my first post.  Geez nice start

I wouldn't worry about it dude! We're generally more surprised when any of us do anything right.

Welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TNT Empty
PostSubject: Re: TNT   TNT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TNT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Let The Music Do The Talking-
Jump to: