Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 1952

Doctor Sleep - The Shining sequel Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Sleep - The Shining sequel   Doctor Sleep - The Shining sequel Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 3:38 pm

Starring Ewan McGregor as Danny Torrance. It would have been cool if they got the original actor back to play to role but I think I will be fine with Ewan. I read the book and liked it so I find this interesting and would like to check it out at some point.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Lord of all PBR's
Lord of all PBR's
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 33117

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Sleep - The Shining sequel   Doctor Sleep - The Shining sequel Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 3:43 pm

Still haven't read this book, guess I should get on it.

Just finished reading an article that sez the director of this flick had to work hard to convince S. King that the movie needed to pick up its visual sense from where Kubrick's "Shining" left off, cuz King famously didn't like Kubrick's version.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
...and for even MORE Metal & Movie fun, check out my lame ass Tumblr blog! http://keefer1970.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 6698

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Sleep - The Shining sequel   Doctor Sleep - The Shining sequel Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 11:34 pm

Never liked the original--and I'm a wannabe Kubrick scholar. King said it best: the original is like a fancy Cadillac with no engine. Or something like that.

This remake looks flat out weird. I had no idea King wrote a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor Sleep - The Shining sequel   Doctor Sleep - The Shining sequel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor Sleep - The Shining sequel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: