Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...

Go down 
+9
the sentinel
DallasBlack
corplhicks
nevermore
Addy
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2020 12:49 am

Elmer Fudd vs Yosemite Sam in a death match.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2020 2:22 pm

First full 'toon released!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 3:24 pm

HBO Max posted the entire first episode of "Looney Tunes Cartoons" (three shorts) on YouTube this past week:

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 3:46 pm

Can someone tell me if these toons are as good as the promos made them look?  I don't want to watch them ahead of time if they're good because I'll buy the DVD collection when it finally comes out.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 4:05 pm

A quick new Wile E. and Road Runner toon, with a new twist on a very old gag:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Porky, Daffy and some wet cement. Hilarity ensues.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 4:11 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Can someone tell me if these toons are as good as the promos made them look?  I don't want to watch them ahead of time if they're good because I'll buy the DVD collection when it finally comes out.

The Tweety/Sylvester toon in the post above yours was pretty good (tho Sylvester seems to have had his look updated just a bit); the Daffy toon that followed was funny, it was mostly physical gags, not much story to it. Daffy in these toons is closer in look and tone to his earliest '40s appearances (longer beak, skinnier, more "looney").

The Bugs/Elmer gag in between the two was too short to really count as a "toon."

I've posted two others that I'm in the midst of checking out right now. So far, I like what I see. Much closer in spirit and style to the classic Looney Tunes, esp. when compared to their last attempt (the sitcom-styled "Looney Tunes Show," which was basically "Seinfeld" starring Bugs and the gang).

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2020 4:16 pm

Ralph and Sam, still putting in a full day's work fighting over those sheep...

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 3:22 am

They have the music down pat. Looks classic to me, if you said these were lost episodes from 60 years ago i would believe you.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 3:32 am

Ok I haven't watched any of those yet, but no Foghorn Leghorn? Come on man!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 4:50 am

007 wrote:
Ok I haven't watched any of those yet, but no Foghorn Leghorn? Come on man!

I'm sure he'll turn up sooner or later.

Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2020 7:15 am

I never thought I'd hear Bugs Bunny say, "saturated fat".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 10:17 am

Due to concerns about gun violence in the U.S., the makers of the new Looney Tunes series decided that Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam would not carry guns in their toons.

Axes, scythes, spears, anvils, and dynamite are all still on the table, though. Laughing very hard

Predictably, when the internet found out about this they weren't thrilled, and angry nerds are now accusing Warner Bros/HBO of pandering to "snowflakes"/ruining sacred childhood icons, yadda yadda yadda.

I've watched a few of these new toons and quite frankly I didn't even notice that Elmer was no longer totin' his shot gun till it was pointed out.

(besides, how many times can they do the gag where Bugs puts his finger in the barrel and the gun backfires into Elmer's face, anyway?)

But, y'know, it's the internet age, everybody's gotta be mad at everything.

https://news.avclub.com/elmer-fudd-and-his-gun-part-ways-for-hbo-maxs-looney-tu-1843952677

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 1:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Due to concerns about gun violence in the U.S., the makers of the new Looney Tunes series decided that Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam would not carry guns in their toons.

Axes, scythes, spears, anvils, and dynamite are all still on the table, though. Laughing very hard

Predictably, when the internet found out about this they weren't thrilled, and angry nerds are now accusing Warner Bros/HBO of pandering to "snowflakes"/ruining sacred childhood icons, yadda yadda yadda.

I've watched a few of these new toons and quite frankly I didn't even notice that Elmer was no longer totin' his shot gun till it was pointed out.

(besides, how many times can they do the gag where Bugs puts his finger in the barrel and the gun backfires into Elmer's face, anyway?)

But, y'know, it's the internet age, everybody's gotta be mad at everything.

https://news.avclub.com/elmer-fudd-and-his-gun-part-ways-for-hbo-maxs-looney-tu-1843952677

I saw that yesterday. Without going into any detail (we all see the news), these are strange times.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 3:36 pm

The no guns thing still pisses me off.  C'mon, Elmer's whole reason for being Bugs' foe is that he's HUNTING him!!!  Hello????  What, he can hunt him with a bow now?  And what about Yosemite Sam?  I guess that schtick where he fires guns into the ground to elevate himself is out the window too.  And so is that bit with Daffy where every time he gets shot in the face his bill gets attached to his head in a different way. 

So you go to all the trouble of doing the full, complex animation instead of limiting the number of frames, you hire voice actors who closely approximate the original ones but then you take away guns for the sake of political correctness?????  And yet, as FF pointed out, dynamite, axes, arrows and all other forms of violence are OK.  Gimme an F'n break!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2020 8:03 pm

Elmer chasing Bugs with a scythe like Death himself seems much crazier, but what do I know?

PostSubject: Re: New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...   New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Looney Tunes Cartoons coming...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2