Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions

Go down 
+3
Glower
akeldama
Required Fields
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Empty
PostSubject: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 11:45 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Boston Bruins (2nd in Atlantic Division) vs. Carolina Hurricanes (1st Eastern Conference wild card)
The Carolina Hurricanes have made their first playoff appearance in ten years a memorable one; they upset the defending Stanley Cup Champions, the Washington Capitals, in seven games in the first round, and swept the New York Islanders in the second round (the first time the franchise has ever won a best-of-seven sweep). In the Eastern Conference Final, They face the Boston Bruins, who defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs in the first round and the Columbus Blue Jackets in the second round. Boston won two of the three regular season games against Carolina. This marks the fifth time the Hurricanes and Bruins meet in the playoffs, although the first two times they met, Carolina was located in Hartford and known as the Hartford Whalers. The Bruins have won three of the four playoff meetings thus far.

Prediction: Boston in five games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

San Jose Sharks (2nd in Pacific Division) vs. St. Louis Blues (3rd in Central Division)
The St. Louis Blues had an epic finish to their hard fought second round series against the Dallas Stars, winning the seventh game 2-1 in double overtime (the 2018-19 playoffs are the first to see two seventh games decided in double overtime; Carolina defeating Washington in the second overtime of the seventh game in the first round was the other series where the seventh game went into double overtime). They face the San Jose Sharks in the Western Conference Final; San Jose also required seven games in their second round series, where they defeated the Colorado Avalanche. This marks the sixth meeting between the Sharks and Blues; St. Louis won two of the previous five meetings, and San Jose won three, including the most recent meeting in the 2015-16 Western Conference Final. Neither the Sharks nor the Blues have won the Stanley Cup. St. Louis have made the Stanley Cup Finals three times, losing every time. San Jose's only appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals to date was in 2015-16, when they lost to the Pittsburgh Penguins in six games.

Prediction: St. Louis in six games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 11:56 pm

Boston in 6.
St. Louis in 4.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 1:22 pm

Bruins fan. 15 minutes away from The Garden. etc.
I know how tough it is - to go all the way - to win the cup.
They had the cup in my town for 4 hours - outside a bar - cops about.
Touch it - lol - for whatever that's worth - but it was exciting whatever year that was...
Saw a stupid video for Las Vegas - young guys with the cup....have you seen that ?
Anyways - I thought this hit was clean -
but he got suspended for the first game of this new series.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 1:50 pm

That was not a clean hit. Target and only point of contact was the head. Should have been a major penalty too. I don't even understand how an Illegal Check to the Head -penalty can be a 2 minute minor only. I though it'd be an automatic five. The Jackets should have won that game.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Carolina in 6.
St. Louis in 6
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 2:51 pm

Lari wrote:
That was not a clean hit. Target and only point of contact was the head. Should have been a major penalty too. I don't even understand how an Illegal Check to the Head -penalty can be a 2 minute minor only. I though it'd be an automatic five.

That was practically Ovechkin-like. All he need was to launch into it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 6:54 pm

Lari wrote:
That was not a clean hit. Target and only point of contact was the head. Should have been a major penalty too. I don't even understand how an Illegal Check to the Head -penalty can be a 2 minute minor only. I though it'd be an automatic five. The Jackets should have won that game.

While I was rooting for Columbus in the series, I believe that even if Charlie McAvoy did get the five minute major, there's a very good chance Boston still would have won the game. It doesn't mean Columbus would have scored a goal (or more) with a five minute power play.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 7:30 pm

Guess i'll go Boston, I hate the rest of the teams.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2019 9:07 pm

Boston is the team I predict will win. I don't despise them, but I'd rather see one of the other three remaining teams win instead.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 6:27 am

I no longer have a rooting interest in this but I'd like to see Carolina pulling off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2019 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions
Page 1 of 1