Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]

Go down 
+10
akeldama
XYZ
Thrasher73
T-Roy
Troublezone
Shiney
ultmetal
candlemass
scottmitchell74
Damien Solta
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:41 am

candlemass wrote:

You have to admit, this cetainly looks to be the case w/some christian metal bands, especially in the 80's.
I agree. No matter how hard you try you will never convince me that Whitecross didn't come out on their first album and NOT have the intention of being a christian doppelganger of Ratt.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 9:59 am

I totally disagree. :DJust because SW voice was similar to the RATT guy, does not mean they were intent on copying RATT.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:08 am

candlemass wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Shiney wrote:
OF what I have heard by them they are ok...mediocre at
best....to me they sound of the old cookie cutter Christian bands of
old.

..the old "Hey X band is really huge in the secular
scene...let's put together a Y band that sounds just like them but with
Godly lyrics for our Christian kids"

Like RACKETS AND DRAPES were to MARILYN MANSON....

blech!
Yes, I'm sure all these bands got together in their garage and said,
"hey I know, lets start a band and completely copy and be like Marilyn
Manson or Metallica". Laughing very hard

You
have to admit, this cetainly looks to be the case w/some christian
metal bands, especially in the 80's.
I have honestly NEVER
thought that. I can't even entertain that possibility. There's know
denying that secular rock/metal was on the scene first. Therefore
there's no denying Christian bands were influenced by secular ones. But
unless you have proof, it’s ridiculous IMO to make those kinds of
statements. To me, if you love Metallica or AC/DC and your a Christian
and you start a band, there's a good chance your style will be
influenced by them. Look at Death, tell me all death vocalists don't
sound similar and musically. Their all unique, but all
similar......hence they’re all death.

No, I think what it boils down to is the same 'ol same 'ol. Some people
will never fully respect Christian metal or music period. It will
always be to the side in the minds of secular metal fans, it will
always have asterisks next to it for some people.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:37 am

C'mon dood, Saint had the Priest sound down, Barren Cross, Maiden, Living Sacrifice's first lp was a blatant rip off of Slayer! There were even charts back then to compare the christian acts to the mainstream ones, the idea was the record companies and artists knew a lot of these kids were throwing out their favorite metal lp's once they got "saved", they knew there was a void there, and they cashed in!

I'm also well aware some of those bands didn't make jack squat, some of the record companies did however. It is better today, bands will always have some influence of other artists in their sound, but much of what was going on in the past was plagerism.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 10:55 am

lol! All right, don't make me come down there (wherever that is)!!!!

Your making comparisons based on similarities. Which is normal. But to
say they all purposely set out to copy those wannabe's (LOL) is
outrageous and egregious!!!! It's wrong, WRONG I SAY!!!!!! angry
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:02 am

It was done among secular artists as well, who among you didn't think "Plush" was the new song by Pearl Jam when it first came out? Pentagram's "Day of Reckoning" is total Sabbath worship, from Victor's solos, riffs, and Bobby exclaiming; "alright now, won't ya listen?"! How many Zeppelin ripp offs were there in the 80's?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:02 am

candlemass wrote:
C'mon dood, Saint had the Priest sound down, Barren Cross, Maiden, Living Sacrifice's first lp was a blatant rip off of Slayer! There were even charts back then to compare the christian acts to the mainstream ones, the idea was the record companies and artists knew a lot of these kids were throwing out their favorite metal lp's once they got "saved", they knew there was a void there, and they cashed in!

I'm also well aware some of those bands didn't make jack squat, some of the record companies did however. It is better today, bands will always have some influence of other artists in their sound, but much of what was going on in the past was plagerism.

I don't feel like having this argument again, but I disagree with this completely. It's an old and insipid argument. Christian artists are always accused of being second rate rip offs, when that is certainly not the case with many of them. I'll give you that some bands were purposely trying to be the "Christian alternative" of some secular band. David Benson advertised as being the "Christian alternative to Ozzy". Quite frankly, I'll just listen to Ozzy.

However, Saint were never trying to be a Judas Priest alternative. They were most certainly influenced by Priest, but so were a million other metal bands. Living Sacrifice were not trying to be a Slayer alternative. They were Slayer fans, but they were also huge Believer fans, so much so they used Believer's drum sound from "Extraction from Mortality" exact. Does that make them a Believer clone.

When Cinderella came out they were accused of being an Aerosmith rip-off. When Aerosmith came onto the scene in the early 70's they were accused of being a Stones rip-off. Guns N Roses owe their existance to Aerosmith and Slash has as much as admitted that publically. Primal Fear are often accused of being Judas Priest rip-offs. Krokus were accused of being AC/DC rip-offs. etc. etc. etc. Everyone has their influences. Some bands wear them on their sleeve moreso than others.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:03 am

T-Roy wrote:
lol! All right, don't make me come down there (wherever that is)!!!!

Your making comparisons based on similarities. Which is normal. But to
say they all purposely set out to copy those wannabe's (LOL) is
outrageous and egregious!!!! It's wrong, WRONG I SAY!!!!!! angry

Copy those wannabe's? Think you have it backwords! lol!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:08 am

I didn't say all of them Ult, some certainly were though, I also pointed out some secular bands have done it as well. The other mindset I believe is they came out with a sound that almost mirrored a certain band, wich they knew would pull in some fans, ocnce they had some noteriety that allowed them to start crafting their own sound, to wit, they reeled 'em in with the bait of the fans favorite artists.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:10 am

ultmetal wrote:
Everyone has their influences. Some bands wear them
on their sleeve moreso than others.
Face it dude, you woship
Exodus and want to be like them when you grow up. It's ok?!?! You don't
have to pretend for me?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:10 am

So yeah, Demon Hunter suck. Smile
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:12 am

candlemass wrote:
I didn't say all of them Ult, some certainly were
though, I also pointed out some secular bands have done it as well. The
other mindset I believe is they came out with a sound that almost
mirrored a certain band, wich they knew would pull in some fans, ocnce
they had some noteriety that allowed them to start crafting their own
sound, to wit, they reeled 'em in with the bait of the fans favorite
artists.
Again, preposterous! You're not listening!!!!!angry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:13 am

I especially don't like Demon Hunter's third album.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:26 am

spectrefate wrote:
I especially don't like Demon Hunter's
third album.
Hey, we're trying to fight here. Stop
trying to put us back on topic will ya! SHEEZE!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 11:56 am

My plan w/the CD I'm recording, comprised mostly of covers, is to hopefully attract some musicians for an original project, one that I'd like to juxtapose the sound of The Doors w/Black Sabbath, my two favorite artists, wich I intend to shamelessly rip off! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 12:01 pm

What's the name of your band bro?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 12:16 pm

Not really a band, more of a project at this time, just "hired guns" for the recording, the CD will be titled; "The Changeling" - Beyond The Doors of Despair. Same musicians that are w/me in "Dance On Fire", The Doors tribute, have our first gig this Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 12:36 pm

AWESOME, kill 'em dead!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 2:58 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I especially don't like Demon Hunter's third album.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:00 pm

The 1st Living Sacrifice was a slayer clone musically but the vocals sound nothing like Tom Araya.
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:38 pm

Sorry guys, didn't mean to get yall in a war here [lol].
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I'll give you that some bands were purposely trying to be the "Christian alternative" of some secular band.
And that's the problem. Some people can't wrap their heads around the fact that it's true for some bands and not true for others. It becomes just an excuse to slander a band. Oh, they ripped off Slayer! Why, because it's similar? It doesn't make them a rip-off band. Millions of bands are similar to others!

I also think a lot of bands are labeled as Christian alternatives by the labels and retail Christian outlets, when it was never the band's intent. Yeah, maybe Band A sounds like Slayer, but they never intended to be the Christian alternative to Slayer. It doesn't stop a label from putting DON'T SIN AND LISTEN TO SLAYER! LISTEN TO BAND A! or whatever on the CD packaging. I'm not a Christian, but I used to shop at this big Christian outlet in Arkansas, it was like a Walmart (I forget the name of it), and I'd see those labels all the time.

At the end of the day it should simply be about good and bad music. Not Christian and non-Christian music.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:52 pm

Well said Eyesore. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 4:54 pm

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2007 12:00 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I'll give you that some bands were purposely trying to be the "Christian alternative" of some secular band.
And that's the problem. Some people can't wrap their heads around the fact that it's true for some bands and not true for others. It becomes just an excuse to slander a band. Oh, they ripped off Slayer! Why, because it's similar? It doesn't make them a rip-off band. Millions of bands are similar to others!

I also think a lot of bands are labeled as Christian alternatives by the labels and retail Christian outlets, when it was never the band's intent. Yeah, maybe Band A sounds like Slayer, but they never intended to be the Christian alternative to Slayer. It doesn't stop a label from putting DON'T SIN AND LISTEN TO SLAYER! LISTEN TO BAND A! or whatever on the CD packaging. I'm not a Christian, but I used to shop at this big Christian outlet in Arkansas, it was like a Walmart (I forget the name of it), and I'd see those labels all the time.

At the end of the day it should simply be about good and bad music. Not Christian and non-Christian music.

I love that first LS lp, because it sounds EXACTLY like Slayer, I even played it for a friend of mine, he thought is was Slayer! They took a lot of ribbing for that lp, wich is probably why you can hear some major changes on their next effort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]   Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon Hunter [nu metal or what?]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next