Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?

Go down 
+10
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Thrasher73
the sentinel
nevermore
Witchfinder
corplhicks
Required Fields
14 posters

Ironbound
What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Vote_lcap46%What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
The Electric Age
What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Vote_lcap23%What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
White Devil Armory
What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Vote_lcap8%What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
The Grinding Wheel
What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Vote_lcap15%What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
The Wings of War
What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Vote_lcap8%What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 9:45 pm

I am reserving the right to vote until I get to hear The Wings of War in full. It will be arriving in my mailbox very soon.

However, the other four albums Overkill have released in the 2010s were great. I think this and the 1980s are Overkill's two best decades.

Of the 2010s Overkill releases, which one do you like best?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 9:59 pm

Hoo boy. Can't we count these all as one album? Lol haha just jk.

Gonna spend more time with Wings of War. Something special about this album. If it doesn't take the cake after a spin or two more, I may have to say Electric Age--my first calling, upon its release, back into the world of heavy metal since 2002. That album is the entire reason I'm a member here. :shades:
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 9:59 pm

Ironbound for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25770

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 10:29 pm

I just got The Wings Of War in the Mail today. I need to give it some spins before I vote.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Grinding Wheel is just so killer. Ironbound is a close second, though.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 7:51 am

Electric Age has been my favorite of their latest releases. It’s usually the one I go back to over the others.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39407

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 7:52 am

They're all brilliant. I went with The Electric Age but Ironbound a very close second.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9873

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 7:59 am

Ironbound for me. The best headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39407

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 8:02 am

The Wings Of War seems to be a very solid release but it's way too new to garner a vote from me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 9:57 am

Another vote for Ironbound here -- but then I'm a fanboy, I like em all. Razz

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 11:38 am

I need to wait to hear the whole Wings of War album to vote, but if I had to vote now based on the other albums, I’d go for The Electric Age.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 1:45 pm

I don't have an opinion here, but it's amazing how prolific these guys have been in the last 9 years. 5 studio albums (and a live one to boot) and honestly, not a bad one in the bunch.

How many other of their contemporaries can boast such quality output in that time frame?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 10:18 pm

I've only listened to Wings of War once, but The Grinding Wheel is the one that I go back to the most often. For me, "Goddamn Trouble," "Shine On," and "Come Heavy" are some of their best songs of any decade.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 10:43 pm

Today i'd say Ironbound but they're all great.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 6:45 pm

Slam dunk for Ironbound!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 11:04 pm

glassprison wrote:
I've only listened to Wings of War once, but The Grinding Wheel is the one that I go back to the most often. For me, "Goddamn Trouble," "Shine On," and "Come Heavy" are some of their best songs of any decade.

The opening track ("Mean, Green, Killing Machine") and the title track are the two best on the album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s?   What is your favorite album Overkill released in the 2010s? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1