HomeRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Do you still trust the NFL?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 4:48 pm

About 5 years ago I started question the legitimacy of NFL games. Now most people here know what a big NFL fan I was. But that is no more.

Last year's playoffs were the sealer for me. Even my own team's Minneapolis Miracle looked like Wrestlemania. Or maybe an NFL safety tackles worse than a kid in little league. And those 2 games last Sunday had that Roddy Piper and Mr. T in that boxing match feeling in the 80s.

I've been convinced they pre-determine their games for a couple years now. I even put a 100 dollar bet on the Patriots at 5-1 odds before the playoffs started because I'm convinced it's rigged for them this year. I've never made any bet more than 20 bucks in my life. And that even rare and always with a buddy, and never with Vegas.

Anybody else here getting this way? Because last Sunday added a bunch more people to our club. They even went full McMahon with both games going to OT.

Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2671
Age : 50

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 5:17 pm

Yep. I would believe the Patriots were given special powers just because of their name. Except, Brady is just that f'ing good. Hate it, but it is true. He is the greatest QB in NFL history. And this comes from a J-E-T-S fan.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 5:25 pm

So you don't question either of these things?



Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 5:28 pm

Oh, and my opinion isn't based on any team names, so save that.
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
007

Number of posts : 27483
Age : 50

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:17 pm

I wouldn't be surprised but there are just too many people that would be involved in the fix that someone somewhere down the line would inadvertently expose it.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:30 pm

007 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised but there are just too many people that would be involved in the fix that someone somewhere down the line would inadvertently expose it.

Well, many fomer players have called the new NFL wwe and Hitler Goodell is like Vince McMahon.

And players like Tim Brown, Jerry Rice and Bubba Smith have thrown rigged accusations about games they played in.

And don't you find it a wee bit corrupt that the ref that blew that call in the Saints Rams game is a former Ram player?
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
007

Number of posts : 27483
Age : 50

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:38 pm

Big Rich wrote:
007 wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised but there are just too many people that would be involved in the fix that someone somewhere down the line would inadvertently expose it.

Well, many fomer players have called the new NFL wwe and Hitler Goodell is like Vince McMahon.

And players like Tim Brown, Jerry Rice and Bubba Smith have thrown rigged accusations about games they played in.

And don't you find it a wee bit corrupt that the ref that blew that call in the Saints Rams game is a former Ram player?


Maybe, if it was true.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6276820-phil-mckinnely-under-fire-for-rams-connection-after-being-misidentified-as-ref-who-blew-pi-call
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 pm

So what do you think about the former players talking?
BTW, I assure it's all true, and can post links.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:56 pm

And remember is anybody really brave enough to blow the whistle completely on some of the most powerful people in the world? Would you be?
Back to top Go down
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
007

Number of posts : 27483
Age : 50

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Oh I believe they have said it but if it's just talk with no proof, then it's just talk. Keep in mind I'm not naysaying the idea/theory, but until there would be some concrete proof, I'll remain a bit skeptical.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 7:19 pm

Wel,I'm not sure if it's proof or not, but the NFL is listed as sports entertainment, not a sport. Like wrestling and roller derby.

They actually got sued about Spygate and they actually argued in court that it is completely legal for them to rig games because it says on your ticket "For entertainment purposes only." They have no obligation to the ticket buyer other than you get to watch men smash into each other.
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2671
Age : 50

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 7:38 pm

The Giants got sued over Spygate too, when the Vikes put up a donut in the Giants games [ 2001? 2002? ]. Nothing will control the ratings whores in the NFL head offices.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25046
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 10:09 am

As some of you probably know, I work in the sports entertainment business. Allow me to share a little story.

Years ago, I had a boss explain to me how the tv networks "encouraged" the NBA and their officials to make sure the "right teams" made it to the NBA Finals. At the time, ratings were low and there was the possibility that the Milwaukee Bucks and another team I can't recall were going to the big show. The networks didn't like that scenario, saying noone would tune in to see a bunch of nobodies.

I was young and naive, so I just took my boss's story as a crazy theory. Well, as the playoffs progressed and teams got eliminated with some questionable calls, it certainly did take on an air of believability when Kobe, Shaq and the Lakers went to the finals and Milwaukee was eliminated.

That story certainly doesn't offer any solid proof of fixing games for tv, but I don't doubt the possibility of it happening for the NBA, NFL or any other league.

_________________
I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 11:44 am

I've thought the NBA was rigged since the Jordan days.

The 3 most corrupt sports in the US are the NFL, NBA and big time College Football.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 866
Age : 50

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 11:52 am

I would have to concur that things are certainly a tad filthy regarding the NFL. Goodell is certainly shadier then Eminem, who is the "real slim shady" and the officiating is and has been horrible for a decade or more.

It boggles my mind that ALL scoring plays are reviewed, but many many others aren't and some per the officials "can not be reviewed" ??? Why can't they be?

Like that Rams PI no call and that game changing roughing the passer call in the KC NE game, there seems to me NO QUESTION that the booth can't radio down to the head ref and say "hey, that was a bad call or a bad no call."

But as mentioned it is/was and always will be about lining someones pocket and sure as heck isn't the players. I mean didn't Goodell mod his contract as commissioner to include health care for him and his family for life! Plus a few other very very nice perks? The players don't get any guarantees...

Will I keep watching? Unfortunately so. I do love the game, but like many disgruntled I am.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 1091
Age : 49

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 12:55 pm

Big Rich wrote:
I've thought the NBA was rigged since the Jordan days.

The 3 most corrupt sports in the US are the NFL, NBA and big time College Football.
Boxing has to be number one.

As to the NFL being corrupt, I'm sure it is. I no longer watch football, or care what they do. Too many stupid rules, and bad calls has changed it to an unwatchable sport for me. I have also felt that it's corrupt for years, but can't prove it so I just watched anyways. You can definitely see certain teams getting special treatment over other teams though.


Last edited by Wrecked Neck on Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:24 pm

Neck, you're correct about boxing and UFC is very corrupt. I was definitely talking about team sports. But you're right it would be number 1.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:25 pm

martinsane wrote:
I would have to concur that things are certainly a tad filthy regarding the NFL. Goodell is certainly shadier then Eminem, who is the "real slim shady" and the officiating is and has been horrible for a decade or more.

It boggles my mind that ALL scoring plays are reviewed, but many many others aren't and some per the officials "can not be reviewed" ??? Why can't they be?

Like that Rams PI no call and that game changing roughing the passer call in the KC NE game, there seems to me NO QUESTION that the booth can't radio down to the head ref and say "hey, that was a bad call or a bad no call."

But as mentioned it is/was and always will be about lining someones pocket and sure as heck isn't the players. I mean didn't Goodell mod his contract as commissioner to include health care for him and his family for life! Plus a few other very very nice perks? The players don't get any guarantees...

Will I keep watching? Unfortunately so. I do love the game, but like many disgruntled I am.

I still love football, but I can't watch the NFL anymore.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 1091
Age : 49

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:48 pm

I still love the game too, but enough is enough. No clue what I'm going to do with all my Pakers shit lol Hoping they get going on the XFL again. It might be a bust, and who knows might end up worse than the NFL, but could also be a good thing if people give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 6774
Age : 50

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 1:53 pm

No. NFL games aren't fixed. There's absolutely no incentive to fix them by the league.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
007
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
007

Number of posts : 27483
Age : 50

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 2:20 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
I still love the game too, but enough is enough. No clue what I'm going to do with all my Pakers shit lol Hoping they get going on the XFL again. It might be a bust, and who knows might end up worse than the NFL, but could also be a good thing if people give it a shot.


There is also the AAF, which starts play next month.


https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/what-is-aaf-football-teams-coaches-notable-players-schedule-for-new-alliance-of-american-football-league/

Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 3:34 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
No. NFL games aren't fixed. There's absolutely no incentive to fix them by the league.

There's lots of incentives, what are you galking about? Even you don't believe it, to claim there are no incentive to rig it is disingenuous.

Gambling on the NFL makes 80 billion a year, the NFL makes 20 billion a year.

You have to be the only person on earth that thinks 60 billion dollars or at least part of that money isn't an incentive to billionaires.

Or creating matchups for ratings to get billions more from tv contracts and advertisers isn't an incentive. Let's not insult our intelligence here.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 6774
Age : 50

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
No. NFL games aren't fixed. There's absolutely no incentive to fix them by the league.

There's lots of incentives, what are you galking about? Even you don't believe it, to claim there are no incentive to rig it is disingenuous.

Gambling on the NFL makes 80 billion a year, the NFL makes 20 billion a year.

You have to be the only person on earth that thinks 60 billion dollars or at least part of that money isn't an incentive to billionaires.

Or creating matchups for ratings to get billions more from tv contracts and advertisers isn't an incentive. Let's not insult our intelligence here.  

The NFL is already the most popular sport in the US by a massive margin. They dominate all TV ratings now. What is the incentive to risk all this? Do billionaire owners want to lose all they have by rigging games? This makes absolutely no sense.

Also, how does this "rigging" work? Who's in on it - the League office? The Owners? Officials? Players? Why has no one ever talked about it? Where's the evidence of the rigging?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Where's your evidence?

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Big Rich
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Big Rich

Number of posts : 454
Age : 47

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 4:01 pm

One more time. BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IS AN INCENTIVE TO BILLIONAIRES. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous. That point isn't changing, and you can't argue it.   I didn't make an extraordinary claim. I asked a question and shared my opinion.

And actually the only person who claimed to know for sure is YOU!!!

And maybe they have the highest ratings because they know how to rig it make it extra exciting. I mean they've got you completely convinced.

"Do NFL owners want to risk everything they have to rig these games?"

You mean like all the other crimes they get away with?


Oh, and you ignored the extra 60 billion in gambling. And that's only the legal gambling. But we know why you ignored that. You're very trusting of the billionaires and their fall guy Hitler Goodell. I'm glad I'm not.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 6774
Age : 50

Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2019 4:08 pm

Big Rich wrote:
One more time. BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IS AN INCENTIVE TO BILLIONAIRES. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous. That point isn't changing, and you can't argue it.   I didn't make an extraordinary claim. I asked a question and shared my opinion.

And actually the only person who claimed to know for sure is YOU!!!

And maybe they have the highest ratings because they know how to rig it make it extra exciting. I mean they've got you completely convinced.

"Do NFL owners want to risk everything they have to rig these games?"

You mean like all the other crimes they get away with?


Oh, and you ignored the extra 60 billion in gambling. And that's only the legal gambling. But we know why you ignored that. You're very trusting of the billionaires and their fall guy Hitler Goodell. I'm glad I'm not.

1) You asked if I believed the NFL was rigging games. I said no. You said they were. I asked for evidence. You provided none to back up your beliefs.
2) What crimes are nfl owners currently "getting away with?"
3)How does the $60 billion in gambling money accrue to the benefit of the NFL? How does that work exactly? Is the NFL currently betting on games? Are they getting kickbacks from sportsbooks?
4) Do you know that the NFL has an antitrust exemption that they were granted in 1961 and if they lose that exemption by rigging games the exemption goes away? Do you know that the NFL would seek to exist if that happened? Would the NFL be willing to risk their antitrust exemption for a few extra bucks?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




Do you still trust the NFL? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you still trust the NFL?   Do you still trust the NFL? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Do you still trust the NFL?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Classic Album: The Brave - Battle Cries

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: