Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 12:58 pm

47 Meters Down (2017)

Mandy Moore and Claire Holt star as sisters on vacation in Mexico who ended up stranded on the bottom of the ocean floor surrounded by Great White Sharks and their oxygen running low. Simple but effective thriller.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 9:23 pm

I started re-watching "Ash Vs. Evil Dead" on Netflix this weekend. I watched the first few episodes last year sometime but since I have the attention span of a fruit fly I lost track of it ... so I started over again from Episode 1. I guess I'm eight or nine eps in by now, still a hoot. Maybe I'll actually finish it this time. (that "binge watching" stuff is too much work!)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 6:13 am

Billy The Kid Vs. Dracula (1966)

The Old West outlaw, trying to reform, works as a ranch hand and is engaged to his boss. Unfortunately for them, the vampire (John Carradine) has set his sights on the woman as well in the low budget film. I believe this one falls under the so bad it's good category.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 6:38 pm

Started the 4th and final disc in "The Klingon Collective" series.

This set has been a blast.  It's amazing how each episode from the various incarnations of "Star Trek" reference the other episodes in the set regardless of which incarnation each is from.  There are connections from each episode to the next one in the set so watching them in order is almost like watching a 10 hour mini-series about Klingons. 

I highly recommend this collection to any and all "Trekkies".

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 5:15 pm

Hereditary (2018) - Whoa! I will not spoil things here, only to say that this was scarier by far than I expected.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 6:57 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Hereditary (2018) - Whoa! I will not spoil things here, only to say that this was scarier by far than I expected.

That came up on my Amazon Prime recommendations and since I never heard of it I didn't even bother investigating.  Guess I need to check it out.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Finished the second-to-last episode in the Klingon Collective.  This one was a DS9 sequel to the classic "Trouble With Tribbles" from the original series. 

Plotwise there's not much to it: Bejoran artifact capable of time travel transports most of the major DS9 characters back to the time when the tribbles were on the very first deep space station.  The kicker is that the original Klingon agent who poisoned the grain back then is also on the ship transported back in time and he plans to kill Captain Kirk before he's uncovered this time.

What makes this episode a TON of fun is the insertion of DS9 characters into the footage from the original episode.  No idea how they do some of this.  Like when Kirk is interrogating all his Enterprise people who were involved in the bar fight with the Klingons; it's all the original footage but somehow they inserted two members of the DS9 cast (who were also inserted into the fight scenes from the original) and even had  a bit of dialogue from one spliced in to answer Kirk's questions.  My guess is somehow they "removed" the original actors in the scene and replaced them; the dialogue part is easier.  But the whole thing is a fun and entertaining episode for anyone who is a fan of Star Trek.

I'm disappointed that I only have one more episode to go in the collection because this has been WAY more fun and entertaining than I ever imagined it would be.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 10:26 pm

More MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge on Tubi-TV

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4597

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 11:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I used to watch that up until I left the U.S. lol! What an absolute crack up! You'd swear some of those contestants end up SERIOUSLY hurting themselves. Laughing very hard

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 11:54 pm

Mandy (2018)

I've never been recreationally high, but I think I know what it would be like. It would be like watching this movie. I think everyone who made it was high as well.

Yes, it had good points but I think they tried too hard to be spacey/trippy/cool.

Think about how weird Nicholas Cage is, now imagine him high and angry and vengeful.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 2:26 am

Days of Darkness(2007)As a comet is passing near Earth, a piece of the comet breaks off and crashes on the planet releasing strange parasites that turns people into zombies. A small band of survivors try to stay alive while trying to figure out how to save the planet. This movie tries to be a mix of zombie apocalypse and alien invasion films. Cheap and gory, this subgenre was already tired by this point. I'll give it 2 out 5(and that's being nice about it).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 6:01 am

NOS4A2

Tv series based on the book by Joe Hill (Stephen King 's son), this one deals with a demonic entity that feeds on the souls of children and 2 girls with psychic powers attempting to stop it. Only one episode has aired but it's pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 10:31 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I used to watch that up until I left the U.S. lol!  What an absolute crack up!  You'd swear some of those contestants end up SERIOUSLY hurting themselves. Laughing very hard

I know, right? My son was watching it with me and after a couple of people went flying off of one of those grimy, rickety-as-hell obstacles into the mud he said, "They could never do this show in the U.S., they'd get their asses sued off," haha.

He's probably right, too. If you look at "Wipeout," which is essentially the same show (without the funny commentary), those courses are all covered in safety padding, the contestants are wearing helmets and elbow/knee pads, they're wired up to all kinds of gear, etc., and I bet they probably still have to sign a bunch of waivers/etc. before they set foot in the game.  

On "MXC" though (or should I say "Takeshi's Castle," which is where all of MXC's footage came from), it seems like everyone was just like, "Nahh, it's cool, just wear your street clothes. You can bring your own helmet if you have one." Haha.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Barney Miller
The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 6:09 am

Been watching Marvel's Cloak And Dagger
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 8:04 am

007 wrote:
NOS4A2

Tv series based on the book by Joe Hill (Stephen King 's son), this one deals with a demonic entity that feeds on the souls of children and 2 girls with psychic powers attempting to stop it. Only one episode has aired but it's pretty interesting.

Curious about this. Read the book some time ago. I remember it was good, but need to revisit.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 6:38 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Mandy (2018)

I've never been recreationally high, but I think I know what it would be like. It would be like watching this movie. I think everyone who made it was high as well.

Yes, it had good points but I think they tried too hard to be spacey/trippy/cool.

Think about how weird Nicholas Cage is, now imagine him high and angry and vengeful.

My brother highly recommended this movie to me and he and I usually agree on most movies but when I read about it the reviews reminded me of one of the few movies where our opinions differ.  "Eraserhead" - he loves that movie and I thought it was bizarre just for the sake of being bizarre and was largely incoherent.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Finished The Klingon Collective (the last episode was from Star Trek Voyager and pretty much sucked but the rest of the collection was highly enjoyable).

Now I've started the "Enterprise" collection.  It's the entire Star Trek Enterprise series from 2005 starring Scott Bakula.  It's a "prequel" to the original series.  I was so impressed by the episode of this series that was in the Collective that I bought the entire series.

So far the most interesting thing about the "Enterprise" series is the dynamic between the humans and the Vulcans.  Apparently once mankind finally became capable of interstellar flight, the Vulcans took it upon themselves to become our "benevolent mentors" which means they withhold information they think humans are not yet ready for.  This leads to some distrust and resentment of Vulcans among Star Fleet personnel.  This really helps explain the classic antagonistic relationship Dr. McCoy and Spock had in the original series.  As Spock would say, "Fascinating".

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 8:00 pm

Cool write up, Toho. I mostly enjoy Enterprise, although I found some of the more ancient tech to be superior to Kirk's era.

The Headhunter (2018) A medieval-ish (You'll understand the 'ish' when you watch) warrior is out for vengeance for the murder of his daughter. I liked this A LOT. Some definite Lovecraftian moments. It's a tight 1:11, but every bit is full so it feels like a longer movie.

**Tried to watch Gods of Egypt...couldn't get past the first 15 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 8:06 am

"A Dog's Way Home" (2019)

Separated from her beloved humans, a determined pup travels across a vast wilderness to get "home" again. During her long journey she has numerous adventures and meets many new friends (both human and animal).
This four legged family friendly adventure treads mostly familiar ground ("Homeward Bound," anyone?) but the dog (whose "voice" is narrated by Bryce Dallas Howard) is adorable and the flick is suitably schmaltzy in all the right places. Based on a book by the author of "A Dog's Purpose," but thankfully this movie isn't nearly as tear-jerking as "Purpose" (i.e. no dogs die in it), so this would be the better pick if you're watching with youngsters.
Two paws up.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Chappelle's Show
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 5:51 am

Fear The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Now, don't judge me!

I watched two hours of the senate mauling Trump's new budget like a pack of lions

I was watching something to do with our politics on YouTube and it carried onto the live stream, I was going to move on but by the time I could be bothered I was hooked.

What I do love about those kinds of exchange isthat they are a lot more civil and respectful than ours which often resembles a farmyard.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 6:21 am

NOS4A2
Hell In The Heartland:What Happened To Ashley And Lauria
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 6:06 pm

The Handmaid's Tale

Wish Game of Thrones had half of the skill of the makers of this show. Since they ran out of source material, the show has gotten stronger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 22 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 33 ... 44  Next