Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 1:34 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I've been slackin' on the movie watching this week, but I have been watching re-runs of the old Spike-TV comedy show "MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" on the Tubi-TV app.

In case you don't remember this cult classic, it takes footage from a Japanese physical-challenge game show from the '80s called "Takeshi's Castle," and dubs over it with new, funny English dialogue that mostly deals with suggestive and/or scatological references. It's dumb as a box of rocks but it's a nice, goofy way to finish off an evening with a few beers. "Don't... get... eliminated!"

I love this show!  

Do you have a Roku-equipped TV? It's streaming on the Tubi-TV app, which is free (with ads). As Captain Tenneal would say, "Git it on!" Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 1:38 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Grizzly" (1976)

A rogue grizzly bear is roaming a national park, chowing on campers and tourists, so a group of forest rangers led by Christopher ("Pieces") George set out to hunt it down.
This was one of the better "killer animal" movies made during the late '70s (inspired by the success of "Jaws"), and it doesn't skimp on the gore and carnage. This flick was so successful that it actually held the box-office record for an independent film for a brief period, till it was unseated by the original Halloween a few years later.

Ah, a VHS rental staple. Glorious cover art on that tape!

Yup, one of the all time great B-Movie posters, for sure.

Artwork by comic book legend Neal Adams!

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Grizzly-movie-poster-1976-1010193316

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7606

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I've been slackin' on the movie watching this week, but I have been watching re-runs of the old Spike-TV comedy show "MXC: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge" on the Tubi-TV app.

In case you don't remember this cult classic, it takes footage from a Japanese physical-challenge game show from the '80s called "Takeshi's Castle," and dubs over it with new, funny English dialogue that mostly deals with suggestive and/or scatological references. It's dumb as a box of rocks but it's a nice, goofy way to finish off an evening with a few beers. "Don't... get... eliminated!"

I love this show!  

Do you have a Roku-equipped TV? It's streaming on the Tubi-TV app, which is free (with ads). As Captain Tenneal would say, "Git it on!" Very Happy

I do have a Roku.  I'll definitely check it out.  Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39180

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 8:50 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 7:22 pm

One more disc to go in "The Vietnam War"

While watching this doc has accomplished what I'd hoped (educating me about something that happened during my lifetime but which I was too young to comprehend) I have to say that watching the whole thing really is a chore because it's quite depressing and it just reinforced my already cynical nature.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 6:49 am

various Klingon related episodes from the various Star Trek series from the box set 'Star Trek: Klingon' box set
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 12:17 pm

We had a few people at our house who have never seen the original Halloween, so we have that a viewing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 6:02 pm

"Mankillers" (1987)

A lady CIA agent organizes an all female commando squad to destroy a drug smuggling and human trafficking organization run by her rogue former partner.
...so basically this is a cheese-and-crackers riff on "The Dirty Dozen," with lots of bad '80s mall hair and cleavage. The acting sucks, the sets are cheap, and strangely there's no nudity, which is usually a given in flicks like these.
Even the worst of Andy Sidaris' famed no-budget bimbos 'n' bullets action extravaganzas look like the Royal Shakespeare Company compared to this flick.
AVOID.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Black Belly Of The Tarantula (1971)

A giallo about a killer who uses a venom dipped acupuncture needle to paralyze his victims and then proceeds to murder them with a knife. Interesting film with a former Bond girl (Claudine Auger), a future Bond girl (Barbara Bach) and future Bond associate Giancarlo Giannini as the detective trying to solve the crimes.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 6:45 pm

007 wrote:
Black Belly Of The Tarantula (1971)

A giallo about a killer who uses a venom dipped acupuncture needle to paralyze his victims and then proceeds to murder them with a knife. Interesting film with a former Bond girl (Claudine Auger), a future Bond girl (Barbara Bach) and future Bond associate Giancarlo Giannini as the detective trying to solve the crimes.

I think I'll pass.

"Giallo" and "interesting" are usually an oxymoron in my book. Man those Italian flicks draw things out...

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 9:25 pm

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 2:21 pm

Piranha (1978)

One of the better Jaws rip offs to come out, this Joe Dante directed film deals with a school of genetically enhanced piranha that our inadvertently released from a former military base and end up feeding on anyone they come across. Can Bradford Dillman and Heather Menzies stop them before they make it a resort downriver? I haven't seen this one in years and holds up pretty well, I think.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 2:48 pm

^^ "Piranha" is one of my all time faves. It's aged very well.

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2019 3:58 pm

A Cure For Wellness

If you haven't seen this run out and find it and do so. It is stunningly filmed, has a brilliant score, is very well and acted and the film is just all around excellent!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 4:48 pm

Iron Man 3 - Never seen it, not bad.

GOT Season 8: Episode 2 (here we go!!)

Loved that 1978 Piranha!

Generation Iron 3 - Better than 2, at least. I've had enough of Kai Greene babbling, though.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 12:03 am

season 1 of Frasier
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 5:42 am

Bad Biology
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 8:15 am

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 D1pKLzbUYAAb0la

Excellent movie!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 12:24 pm

I watched 'Goodfellas' for about the 99th time on cable last night. I never get tired of that one.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Mad Max Fury Road

First time I'm seeing this one. I've had it for a while but just now getting around to watching it. Man, the visuals in this are off the charts; I can already tell I'll need to watch it again. But next time I'll turn on the subtitles; between the Australian accents, the masks many characters wear and the overall noise of the film, I can't understand half of what's being said.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 9:42 pm

"AC/DC: Dirty Deeds" (2012)

The history of the Thunder From Down Under (from their early days on the Aussie pub circuit, thru the Bon Scott and Brian Johnson eras and ending with 2008's "Black Ice") is told via vintage video and live clips, photos and interviews.
This is another one of those cheap "unauthorized" music documentaries that are all over Amazon, all of which seem to feature commentary from the same group of British rock journalists (Malcolm Dome, Dave Reynolds, etc.). Long time fans won't learn anything new, but it's a nice little trip down memory lane.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 4:28 pm

"The Slumber Party Massacre" (1982)

The girls' basketball team assembles for an all-night party, which is rudely interrupted by an escaped maniac whose weapon of choice is an absurdly large power drill. Hilarity ensues.
Pretty typical slab of '80s T&A slasher junk, followed by two sequels (of course).

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 7:13 pm

Supernatural season finale
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 7:03 pm

"The Predator" (2018)

An Army sniper, a lady scientist, and a crew of misfits get caught in the middle of a battle between two new Predators, as well as some shady U.S. government types who only care about getting their hands on the aliens' technology.
This latest addition to the Predator saga starts off well enough but eventually it falls apart under too many sub plots and moving parts. It was better than the last reboot attempt (2010's "Predators," with Adrien Brody) but that's not saying much. A resounding "MEH."

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 9:09 pm

Watching "Family Guy".

"Boob Dragons"... Laughing very hard lol! Laughing very hard lol!

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 17 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 30 ... 44  Next