Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal Empty
PostSubject: Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal   Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:15 pm

Tentatively due for release on DVD in April 2008, "Get Thrashed: The Story of Thrash Metal" traces the rise, fall and impact of thrash metal, an extreme style of heavy metal popularized in the early 1980s by bands like METALLICA, MEGADETH, SLAYER, ANTHRAX, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES and others. It is the story of the heaviest, hardest music of the '80s and early '90s as told by the bands that lived it, the fans and bands that grew up on it and by the artists that carry the "thrash metal" flag today. The documentary throws new light on an overlooked, yet incredible music scene and how it went from a simple rumbling in the underground to a loud, obnoxious and constant roar in the (almost) mainstream. The documentary is produced by Saigon1515 Productions in association with Kundrat Productions.

"Get Thrashed" was directed by Ernst and the documentary's associate producer is Rat Skates, founder and former drummer of OVERKILL.

I'm stoked to get this, I watched a couple of trailers of this at Blabbermouth good stuff!

Wargod48

Last edited by on Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal   Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:19 pm

Considering my thrash experience only includes the most well known bands (Overkill, Kreator, the Big Three, Suicidal Tendencies, etc.), I will probably put it on my never ending want list.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal   Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 12:20 am

there are a few threads about this here i think. most of the guys here are wanting to see it.

KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal   Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 3:06 am

Saw this, very cool documentary with interviews with alot of thrash bands from the 80's ;-)
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal   Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 4:52 pm

I'm going to buy it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal   Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get Thrashed - A History Of Thrash Metal
Page 1 of 1