Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT

Go down 
+8
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Troublezone
Gilbert
candlemass
Witchfinder
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Empty
PostSubject: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Peter Baltes just posted this on Accept's FB page:

Quote :
To all Accept fans:
I hereby like to announce my departure as Bassplayer from ACCEPT.
I have been with the band from the very beginning. Many of you have been there as well.
I like to thank you all for the great years we shared together.
Keep it Metal.
Peter

If I'm not mistaken, this means Wolf Hoffmann is now the sole original member still in the band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 9:09 pm

Best wishes to him in his future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7612

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 9:37 pm

Yeah, it's only Wolf now. They've been on a steady decline since Blood Of The Nations. Maybe it's time to pack it in.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2018 10:54 pm

A follow up post from the band only sez that Peter "needed to make a change in his life," which doesn't really explain anything.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 1:14 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Yeah, it's only Wolf now. They've been on a steady decline since Blood Of The Nations. Maybe it's time to pack it in.

Why? Most of us would not even have noticed...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 5:47 am

Good luck to him. Is this the beginning of the end for them?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 6:15 am

I hope not. I like their work with the current singer.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 8:30 am

Sad to see him go...

I guess we'll have to Accept it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 10:14 am

Troublezone wrote:
Sad to see him go...

...I see what you did there. Very Happy

I wonder what would have happened if Wolf had said, "I'm sorry, Peter, but we cannot Accept your resignation?"

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 2:50 pm

Don Dokken - Up From the Ashes Mach II? [I made myself sad by typing that....]
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 3:40 pm

I wish him luck. Maybe he will join up with some other familiar names after some time away and kick out the Metal again? Time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 6:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Sad to see him go...

I wonder what would have happened if Wolf had said, "I'm sorry, Peter, but we cannot Accept your resignation?"

Peter is a Christian. Maybe he'll start a new band called Accept Salvation.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 8:36 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Sad to see him go...

Laughing very hard

And if they garner a loyal fan base that follows them everywhere, can we call the devoted fans - the Accept Salvation Army? Smile
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3173

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 8:55 pm

If anyone's interested - type in his name - and Jesus - on youtube -
It's a 5 minute talk about what happened -
Accept actually scored a lot of chicks - etc -
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 9:20 pm

Quote :

He could form a band with KK Downing and call it "Accept the Priest."...

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 12:46 pm

Accept have announced two new additions to the lineup -- bassist Martin Motnik (who?), and for their current symphonic tour at least, a lady violin player (?) who's "a descendant of Bengali royalty," for whatever that's worth.

Random!

Quote :
German/American heavy metal legends ACCEPT have announced the addition of Martin Motnik on bass and Ava-Rebekah Rahman on violin as the band prepares to launch the "Symphonic Terror" tour on April 20 in Wuppertal, Germany.

Born in Ludwigshafen, Germany, Motnik has been playing music since he was seven years old and has been a member of several bands, both in Germany and the United States. He was asked by Uli Jon Roth to join him for his 2008 U.S. tour and again in 2009 and 2012. In addition to his musical talent, Motnik also has a Master's Degree in business from the University of Mannheim.

"We were overwhelmed and honored by the musicians who auditioned for the open position," said ACCEPT guitarist Wolf Hoffmann. "The level of talent we saw was unprecedented, and we believe Martin Motnik is a perfect fit as he’ll be joining us for the 'Symphonic Terror' tour and upcoming ACCEPT shows."

Also joining the "Symphonic Terror" tour is Ava-Rebekah Rahman, a descendant of Bengali Royalty and a highly esteemed violinist. Born and raised in England, Rahman is a renowned solo violinist, poet and music educator. She made her solo concert debut at the age of ten at the National Orchestra and has had an illustrious career ever since, having played internationally with the BBC Symphony Orchestra, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Prague Philharmonic and many more.

"For the orchestra shows, we decided to pair an electric guitar with a violin, making for an interesting duet, and Ava-Rebekah Rahman takes it to a whole other level," said Hoffmann. "The show is still very METAL, but with a classical touch."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/accept-recruits-bassist-martin-motnik/

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2019 7:25 pm

There a little late to they symphonic party.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2019 1:34 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
There a little late to they symphonic party.

They already released a "symphonic" live album/DVD back in 2017... but I guess Wolf is having so much fun with that stuff that he's gonna keep pimping it.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 1:03 pm

I'm interested in how these guys have had such a steady decline since Mark joined. One could easily rate the albums great to passable from first to last. My first instinct is to blame it on the progressive absence of the familiar "Accept Attitude," going from nasty and ferocious to rather typical. Kind of like what happened with Metal Heart, no?

I've never been a fan of the whole symphonic thing, and IMO it's taking things to a different class whereas classic Accept is street-level, kind of gross, raw, and bites like a motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 7:49 pm

I think Stalingrad is the strongest, the first five songs are incredible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT   Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peter Baltes leaves ACCEPT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: