Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Empty
PostSubject: Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!    Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Sucky camera phone, but here are a humble few!

Trunk lid from my demo derby car a few years ago.  In my living room.
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181111

Real jar of unopened Killer B's Honey from 1991
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181112

Kmorg got this signed and sent it to me!
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181113

Various walls of honor stuff:
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181120
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181115
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181116
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181114
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181118
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181117
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181119
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181121
Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  20181122
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!    Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 10:58 am

I don't really have much out of the ordinary, but the music man cave is almost finished with posters and records framed (autographs and such); and then I will post a slew of photos.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!    Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 2:40 pm

Nice stuff John. I wish any of my stuff wasn't in boxes for the past 7 years... (insert crying emoji here).

And I would not expect your wall of fame to not include at least a bakers dozen Kings X items. Wink

My favorite piece in my "collection" is a No More Tears tour program (yep a program) that was given to me by CBS records when I had the privilege to go backstage and meet the Ozzman, Randy, Geezer and Zakk (who was all of 20 I think at the time) on that tour the 2nd date in 1992. Oddly enough the "meet n greet" was each member by themselves and 1 person at a time to "meet" them. Randy and Zakk were just happy to be there and very very personable. Geezer said all of 3 words but was kind albeit quite quit. Ozzy too was very kind, almost shy and very soft spoken, he made a point of repeating my name and saying how nice it was to meet me while signing my book. He like Randy both made a point of writing my name and a quick phrase, I think Randy wrote "Keep Rockin'!" before their signatures.

Writing this is a nice reminder of a MUCH MUCH simpler time and the memory has been rekindled. Thanks John.

Anyways a pic would be cooler but these items are as mentioned packed away, quite possibly never to see the light of day again.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!    Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 3:09 pm

All my stuff is in storage pretty much, but I took this video a few years ago when life was better. It's not everything, just what I had in one room. The room wasn't big enough for everything, and it's pretty much the only rom I was allowed to decorate lol
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!    Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 6:49 pm

Everything was cool....until the PACKERS SHIT SHOWED UP!!! haha. Those Maiden pics are cool!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!    Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 10:22 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Those Maiden pics are cool!
I can't even remember how i got lucky enough to get those. I bought them directly from Derek Riggs through emails I received from his wife. The thing I can't remember is how I found out they were for sale, and how I contaced her to begin with. There are supposedly only 100 of each printed, but they aren't numbered. All I have for a certificate are the emails we sent back and forth. She was really nice, and they had more the were selling, but I ran out of money lol
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4600

PostSubject: Re: Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!    Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 10:25 pm

I thought there might be a certain ride cymbal in among the items your photos, John Laughing

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!    Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 3:29 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I thought there might be a certain ride cymbal in among the items your photos, John Laughing

There was a ride and a crash.  They went on to lives of glory in REAL bands.  I often request Marty to learn Metal on Metal, though! Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  499945
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!    Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 1:30 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
All my stuff is in storage pretty much, but I took this video a few years ago when life was better. It's not everything, just what I had in one room. The room wasn't big enough for everything, and it's pretty much the only rom I was allowed to decorate lol

Nice stuff there my friend.

I seem to see an underlying thread within these threads and that is a statement/sentiment "when times where better", "my stuff is in storage" and my least favorite "the only room I could decorate/et al".

Shame we are going through times of difficulty, I wish for all of our woes to begone and our stuff to be gotten too, unpacked and enjoyed once again...
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!    Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 2:30 am

martinsane wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Nice stuff there my friend.

I seem to see an underlying thread within these threads and that is a statement/sentiment "when times where better", "my stuff is in storage" and my least favorite "the only room I could decorate/et al".

Shame we are going through times of difficulty, I wish for all of our woes to begone and our stuff to be gotten too, unpacked and enjoyed once again...
Thank you.

Times aren't really that bad, just not the same. Back then I had a house I was renting with more space than the place I live now. This time next year, I hope to be in a house again where all my stuff will be freed and displayed in all its glory once more.

Far as the decorating comment goes, it was a bit of an exaggeration. I had other stuff displayed in the house, that was just the bulk of it at the time I shot that video. My cds and records were in the living room, along with posters and various skulls and stuff here and there. However, the wife would put her foot down if I decorated the way I used to when I was single lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!    Brag!  Show off some paraphernalia!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brag! Show off some paraphernalia!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: