Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area? Empty
PostSubject: Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area?   Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 5:28 pm

We all had em, knew em, were friends with em - most were NOT great - haha.  But they meant something to us.

I mentioned a local band in a different post that I saw a million times and always had a blast.  Singer's name was Gilligan and, apparently, at some point, had a mental breakdown and was last seen digging through dumpsters in the Chicago North Loop.  They would throw tampons covered in ketchup and pig guts into the audience.  But, their demo remains one of my favs.  Here is a couple of cool tracks:

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area?   Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 11:05 am

The dudes I went to high school with (Kilgore Smudge, later just Kilgore) out of Providence, R.I. had two full length albums (Blue Collar Solitude and A Search for Reason) and made it to Ozzfest one year. So, they kind of are dq'd from being posted here. The only other band I followed that was unsigned as far as I know (I had a demo cassette back in the late 90's) was called "Time's Expired" from Warwick, R.I. I couldn't find anything to post though.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area?   Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 1:40 pm

At the moment, there are none here in Vegas that really do anything for me. Our scene here goes through some drastic shifts every few years.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area?   Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 2:25 pm

There were and/are were gaggles of bands out west that could be lumped into this "shoulda, coulda, woulda" category.

This one is one of mine and John's favorite's: The Lust Puppies. Nothing online that I could find, but as John will attest the band is a nifty little thrash metal band from Washington State and their cd is very cool and quite difficult to come by.

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area?   Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 6:52 pm

martinsane wrote:
There were and/are were gaggles of bands out west that could be lumped into this "shoulda, coulda, woulda" category.

This one is one of mine and John's favorite's: The Lust Puppies. Nothing online that I could find, but as John will attest the band is a nifty little thrash metal band from Washington State and their cd is very cool and quite difficult to come by.

The Lust Puppies still get spins from me! Some of the coolest stuff I own[ed] was stuff from you Terry. Oh, the good old days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area?   Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fav unsigned or demo-only band from your area?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: