Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Empty
PostSubject: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 10:02 am

A guy put these together on YouTube. Some are dead-on, some are questionable, all are entertaining. Check out all 4 volumes...

https://www.youtube.com/user/BakNBlack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:17 pm

Some of these are so off-the-wall, though. Chicago and Green Day. Haha. That sounded nothing alike. Someone should do one just using Metallica and Megadeth songs. They've stolen from each other for ages now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Oh yea, some were really stretching it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Have you ever compared the Metallica/Megadeth similarities? It's crazy. It makes me wonder if they're doing it to piss each other off, or if they're just using old old riffs they all jammed on together back in the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 1:58 pm

Mechanix/The Four Horsemen... lol!

Ride The Lightning/Mechanix... Shocked
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 2:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Have you ever compared the Metallica/Megadeth similarities? It's crazy. It makes me wonder if they're doing it to piss each other off, or if they're just using old old riffs they all jammed on together back in the day.

Probably a little of both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 2:38 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Probably a little of both.
Like, doesn't "The God That Failed" remind you of "Dawn Patrol?" What about "Motorbreath" and "FFF?"
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 4:54 pm

Yeah, it seems an awful lot like they were just taunting each other at times.

I saw these videos on Blabbermouth. As said, some are spot on... some are really just more a coincidence than anything.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 5:38 pm

Megadeth = Metallica because Mustaine worte the Metallica Riffs

I always thought Lit Up was a rip off of shock me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 6:06 pm

The most obvious rip was Dio's Caught In The Middle and the Sweet Savage song. Now, I know Vivian Campbell was in Sweet Savage before Dio, but if the dates he showed were correct, the Dio song came out 2 full years ahead of the Dio song.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 7:32 pm

spectrefate wrote:
the Dio song came out 2 full years ahead of the Dio song.
huh scratch

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 8:28 pm

I think Eyesore might be right. I think Megadeth and Metallica do seem to copy each other a lot. Also the Judas Priest Running Wild and Iron Maiden Wicker Man on Volume 3 sound very much alike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal   Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal That Sounds Like Other Metal
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: