Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Church: new album teaser

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
Boris2008
Witchfinder
corplhicks
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
MetallicSeminarian
Lurideath
Required Fields
nevermore
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9872

Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Can't wait for my copy. Gonna have to wait until Christmas holidays probably 😡.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2019 8:37 am

I am at my second listen already. The album is very good but won't top my best of 2018 list.

While some songs like Guillotine are excellent, others seemed as leftovers from the XI recording sessions.

Anyways, i am glad that this band is still around, delivering the goods. Mike Howe is in top shape headbanger headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2019 8:53 am

I'm still waiting for some tour dates.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 5:32 pm

I'm a little late, but I finally got around to reviewing Damned If You Do on my blog:
Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 14319522_f520
https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Metal-Church-Damned-If-You-Do-Album-Review

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 6:38 pm

I think XI is a tad bit stronger but this is a great album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 3:21 pm

LOL @ not posting more than once in this thread. Some fan I am haha.

The album is very good. I've heard it three times now and it satisfies, but that's about all. It is what it is I'm happy. My main issue is Rick Van Zandt. Fire that guy or get him some guitar lessons. His playing is annoyingly mediocre and practically derails the songs. I kinda had to put up with this on previous albums, but he's getting worse (he was really depressing live). All his cheap noodling completely conflicts with the tightness of the band. Apparently I'm not the only guitarist to feel this way.

However, I can overlook that well enough and still enjoy the album, my favorite track being Monkey Finger so far. Good attitude in that song. But still--why am I not as over-the-moon about this like I was with XI? I think the excitement of getting Howe back, one of my favorite metal vocalists, for the first time in 20 years was a big benefit to that album, but now, like with Accept, the sensation isn't as strong. Cool, sort of exciting, and I'll still buy the album, hoping for another one, but not in anxious wait.

I also kind of wish they would do an album strongly akin to the very first. Haven't really heard much in the same manner since. There's still a lot of Human Factor/Hanging in the Balance being thrown around. Minor complaint, actually not even a complaint at all.

Anyway, great write-up Keith!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 7:24 pm

I love Human Factor/HitB so no problem there.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 8:38 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I love Human Factor/HitB so no problem there.

I do too, and I don't mind it at all, I just kind of want a bit of a throwback to that evil and nasty chaos of the first album. It's almost like they dropped a slight punk element after that.

According to various reports they still don't perform Metal Church (the song) in concert. I thought the absence felt rather goofy at the show I went to. At least they still do Beyond the Black.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 12:07 am

Why is it that they don't perform metal church song live?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 9:18 am

corplhicks wrote:

The album is very good. I've heard it three times now and it satisfies, but that's about all. It is what it is I'm happy. My main issue is Rick Van Zandt. Fire that guy or get him some guitar lessons. His playing is annoyingly mediocre and practically derails the songs. I kinda had to put up with this on previous albums, but he's getting worse (he was really depressing live). All his cheap noodling completely conflicts with the tightness of the band. Apparently I'm not the only guitarist to feel this way.

However, I can overlook that well enough and still enjoy the album, my favorite track being Monkey Finger so far. Good attitude in that song. But still--why am I not as over-the-moon about this like I was with XI? I think the excitement of getting Howe back, one of my favorite metal vocalists, for the first time in 20 years was a big benefit to that album, but now, like with Accept, the sensation isn't as strong. Cool, sort of exciting, and I'll still buy the album, hoping for another one, but not in anxious wait.

I also kind of wish they would do an album strongly akin to the very first. Haven't really heard much in the same manner since. There's still a lot of Human Factor/Hanging in the Balance being thrown around. Minor complaint, actually not even a complaint at all.

Very well put, brother. This is kind of how I feel about a lot of fave bands from the 1980's still putting out music. I am glad they are still around (performing and producing new tunes) but I am not rushing out to grab stuff day/ week of release like I once did. It's not a money thing as I have a side hustle a few hours a week that pays for my jams; and it's not really a time thing as I listen a lot in the car, the gym, and have an hour or so each night to play some tunes. I think it's more in line with what you said, corp about the newness and excitement waning a bit. In addition, I feel that there is enough to listen to from bands that have anywhere from 7-12 studio albums. Plus, my vinyl collection is taking off and it's something different than buying discs for the last 20 years. That's why I buy the occasional cassette to keep it different and fresh.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Why is it that they don't perform metal church song live?

Honestly I don't know. I posted to them on Facebook back around the time of that gig to ask, the reply came back about something something time restraints. I thought is was a lousy cover story. I have one guess: Mike simply can't carry it anymore. If you watch the Dynamo concert from '91 on YouTube, you can tell he really struggles with Wayne's melodies. It's a pretty high register.

the sentinel wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Very well put, brother. This is kind of how I feel about a lot of fave bands from the 1980's still putting out music. I am glad they are still around (performing and producing new tunes) but I am not rushing out to grab stuff day/ week of release like I once did. It's not a money thing as I have a side hustle a few hours a week that pays for my jams; and it's not really a time thing as I listen a lot in the car, the gym, and have an hour or so each night to play some tunes. I think it's more in line with what you said, corp about the newness and excitement waning a bit. In addition, I feel that there is enough to listen to from bands that have anywhere from 7-12 studio albums. Plus, my vinyl collection is taking off and it's something different than buying discs for the last 20 years. That's why I buy the occasional cassette to keep it different and fresh.

I still get excited for a band to regroup after a long hiatus (and I really was excited for this album), but there is the possibility of a stale sound developing with subsequent releases.

I love how Overkill just slightly turns the dial on their sound with every album. No two are alike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Church: new album teaser   Metal Church: new album teaser - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Church: new album teaser
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: