Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Protest Songs

Go down 
+5
iamrockerfun
Olafsto
Temple of Blood
GrandNational
DallasBlack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:45 pm

Me being the conservative Christian that I am believe that war is a necessary evil and is the only way to true peace in this evil world. However, some of my favorite metal/hard rock songs are strong anti-war songs:

Iron Maiden-Afraid To Shoot Strangers
Guns & Roses-Civil War

What are some of everyone's favorite protest songs?
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:51 pm

We're Not Gonna Take It - TS , naturally. Smile
Back to top Go down

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:08 pm

King Of The Night Time World - KISS

MAKE THE PARTY DUUUDE! 🤘
Back to top Go down

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:13 pm

Breaking The Law - JP

I know you are looking for rarer examples.... Smile
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:14 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Me being the conservative Christian that I am believe that war is a necessary evil and is the only way to true peace in this evil world.

This is the kind of charismaniac mentality that scares me. fainting
Back to top Go down

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:37 pm

A good anti-war song is

Some Heads Are Gonna Roll by Judas Priest written by Christian artist Bob Halligan, Jr.

Interesting. Smile
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:45 pm

I like to protest "protest songs".
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:53 pm

GrandNational wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Me being the conservative Christian that I am believe that war is a necessary evil and is the only way to true peace in this evil world.

I don't mean to spread Christianity. I simply mean that the evil forces of this world (i.e. Islamic Terrorists, Communist China, ruthless dictators, and human rights violators) only respond to one thing and that is force. You cannot talk to these people they would sooner blow you up or torture you mercilessly than try to come up with a peaceful solution. It is people that would rather talk to a terrorist than stop him that scares me!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 10:08 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I don't mean to spread Christianity. I simply mean that the evil forces of this world (i.e. Islamic Terrorists, Communist China, ruthless dictators, and human rights violators) only respond to one thing and that is force. You cannot talk to these people they would sooner blow you up or torture you mercilessly than try to come up with a peaceful solution. It is people that would rather talk to a terrorist than stop him that scares me!

War is justified only when a country or regime directly attacks you.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 10:23 pm

GrandNational wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Look, I don't really want to discuss politics here. I was just making my position known. This is supposed to be a nice board, and politics is too polarizing to keep it that way. Lets just talk music here and save political debates for other forums.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 11:43 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Look, I don't really want to discuss politics here. I was just making my position known. This is supposed to be a nice board, and politics is too polarizing to keep it that way. Lets just talk music here and save political debates for other forums.

That's cool man. I'm not a fan of politics. I'm also a nice guy.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:31 am

GrandNational wrote:

I don't doubt that your a nice guy, so am I. Unfortunatly debates like politics, religion, etc. tends to bring out the worst in people plus, for the most part, it accomplishes very little.
Happy
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:39 am

Disposable heroes- Metallica
Eyes of the insane- Slayer

As for the politics in this, I agree 100% with GrandNational.
War is only justified when you are directly attacked.
But I don`t wanna fight with you American right wingers, so we better keep talking music, and leave the politics to other forums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:17 am

DallasBlack wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

I don't doubt that your a nice guy, so am I. Unfortunatly debates like politics, religion, etc. tends to bring out the worst in people plus, for the most part, it accomplishes very little.
Happy

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 5:19 am

Olafsto wrote:
As for the politics in this, I agree 100% with GrandNational.
War is only justified when you are directly attacked.

Thanks for seeing eye to eye.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:48 am

i think whole new Ozzy's album is against war and Bush politics.
am i right ? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 8:18 am

Olafsto wrote:
we better keep talking music, and leave the politics to other forums.

At least there's something we can agree on.Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 8:44 am

Warrior Soul's first four albums were pretty much all solid anti-Republican Party protest anthems (with a few "get f**ked up and start fight" party songs sprinkled into the mix)... and they all kick a**! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 9:59 am

I detest protest songs and politics in music in general as I find most musicians to be complete idiots. I listen to music for enjoyment not to be "enlightened" by musicians.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 10:13 am

Megadeth's United Abominations is pretty much all protest, except for the "Tout le Mond" remake. Also, I haven't heard it (not really a fan), but apparently the new Ministry album is very anti-Bush.

I don't mind politics in music as long as they are intelligent and/or thought-provoking lyrics. And of course, the music has to be good too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 10:15 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Megadeth's United Abominations is pretty much all protest, except for the "Tout le Mond" remake. Also, I haven't heard it (not really a fan), but apparently the new Ministry album is very anti-Bush.

Apparently Ministry's last SEVERAL albums have been very anti-Bush. I read on Blabbermouth a while back that the current one is planned to be the last-ever Ministry record and Al Jourgensen hopes that George Bush will follow Ministry into the sunset after the next election.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 10:17 am

the great southern trendkill by pantera protesting trends obviously i think
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Protest Songs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Protest Songs   Protest Songs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protest Songs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: