Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died

Go down 
+3
Leatherface
Lari
Required Fields
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Empty
PostSubject: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 10:43 am

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/manilla-roads-mark-the-shark-shelton-dead-at-60/

This is horrible news. I'll most definitely be spinning some Manilla Road in his memory today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 12:37 pm

Wow, 60 is too young, even for a rocker.

He left behind quite a catalogue, and played heavy metal until the very end.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 12:43 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Terrible news. Manilla road is a band i have long ignored for new particular reason. Right now they are on my want list.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 1:51 pm

I just put Crystal Logic on.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 2:40 pm

I only own Mystification. Really good album. Need to check out more of their discography.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 5:22 pm

His cause of death was revealed to have been a heart attack.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 5:31 pm

I only have Crystal Logic & Voyager. And I wasn't going to explore the band more anytime soon. I doubt this changes it, and I'm not sure why death is a selling point anyway.

On a selfish note, I do like that there's plenty of of music left to explore, if I ever do decide to do so.

I am more saddened by the loss of human life, but this must have also been a blow to Manilla Road fans.

My intentions are good when I say this, but the man himself, I am sure felt great about the WAY he went. I mean, he left playing his music to the end. In the middle of a tour, one show the previous night, another scheduled the next. You cannot die with your boots being on tighter than that. Without actual literal stage death.

A special night for those who saw him the night before, though possibly traumatizing if you idolized him.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 7:49 pm

I discuss Manilla Road and Mark's passing in my newest YouTube video.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2018 9:41 pm

I got into the band over the last couple of years, But wish I had discovered them before I did. Better late than never. Anyway they were a great band! I hated to hear of his passing.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2018 4:39 pm

Sad to hear this. Excellent classic band! I only have Crystal Logic and Open the Gates. I have more of their stuff on my want list, but haven't bought anything recently. Thanks for the great music, sir! RIP.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2018 10:11 am

Cool to see you - required fields !
Fun listen - esp. your Las Vegas story -how unusual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died   Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark Shelton of Manilla Road has died
Page 1 of 1