Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away

Go down 
+4
Thrasher73
tohostudios
QuothTheRaven
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Empty
PostSubject: Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away   Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 5:17 pm

I'm sure the old timey Christian metal types around here remember Messiah Prophet, who released a couple of cheesy-but-cool records in the early/mid '80s (Rock The Flock and Master of the Metal, from '84 and '86, respectively) ...

While checking out some of their stuff on YouTube this afternoon for the first time in a while, I was bummed to learn that their lead singer Charlie Clark passed away in January of this year at the age of 55 after a long battle with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).

I'm gonna have to dust off my Master of the Metal disc for tomorrow's ride to work. R.I.P. sir!

http://dougvanpelt.wixsite.com/heavens-metal-mag/single-post/2018/01/22/RIP-Charlie-Clark-Singer-of-Messiah-Prophet-Goes-to-be-with-the-Lord-162018

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away   Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 9:21 pm

So sad to hear this. ALS is an awful disease, taking your body and leaving your mind sharp. A close friend of mine died a few years ago from it. Terrible to watch. RIP Charlie and thanks for the music! Sad
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away   Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2018 9:36 pm

ALS is about the worst way to go I can think of. 

RIP.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away   Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 2:03 am

Man that sucks. I've seen a couple of people close to me suffer from this disease.R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away   Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 6:23 am

That's sad news. My friend's dad suffered from this and passed away not too long after being diagnosed. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away   Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 9:28 am

Hate to hear that. I wore that tape out. RIP

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away   Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Awful disease. A college buddy of mine passed away from ALS a while ago. I hope a cure will be found one day.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away   Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 11:42 am

I honored Mr. Clark's memory by revisiting Messiah Prophet's "Master of the Metal" album, which inspired a new "Forgotten Hard Rock Albums" blog entry:

https://spinditty.com/genres/Forgotten-Hard-Rock-Albums-Messiah-Prophet-Master-of-the-Metal-1986

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away   Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 7:05 am

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away   Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2020 7:07 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away   Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Messiah Prophet vocalist Charlie Clark passed away
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: