Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shiney's Buttons

Go down 
+5
manny
A Handful of Wayne
Eyesore
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 7:28 pm

So, Shiney don't hang here any more.  But he turned me onto some incredible bands with his shiney little taste in music.  Toho knows well.  So post your fav unknown Glam/Sleaze/Hair bands in this brand new, super deluxe, SHINEY thread!

Here is one I still jam:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 9:47 pm

Yep!

Ole Shiney turned me on to tons of bands.  Only problem is he's been gone for so long I don't remember which ones I found on my own and which ones he turned me on to.

To make matters worse, the long-departed rattpoison was equally influent on me back in the day so I really have no idea who turned me on to what bands anymore.

But I'd love to find who put me on to Diamond Dogs because I'm pretty sure that's one I didn't discover on my own and I'm also pretty sure it was one of those two guys.

From my favorite band:

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 10:00 pm

This is another band either Shiney or rattpoison turned me on to:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 2:40 am

I've always wondered what happened to rattpoison. He just up and disappeared. Think he died? =(

As for Shiney, he's alive and kicking. Shock Totem is currently on hiatus (possibly for good), but he's gone on to write a number of his own things. If you're interested...

Shiney's Buttons Domino10

Shiney's Buttons Jedi10

Shiney's Buttons Spungu10

He has a number of short stories out in the wild as well.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:12 pm

What happened to him tho? He disappeared on Facebook. We would talk once in a while but haven’t seen him in a long time. I think he deleted me or something maybe, but we never had issues so 🤷🏼‍♂️

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 7:55 pm

I miss both of those guys, I especially liked rattpoison, that guy was an incredibly knowledgeable guy, and I wish I had learned his real name, I would have friended him on FB
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 8:29 pm

One of my favorites of late:

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 5:18 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
What happened to him tho? He disappeared on Facebook. We would talk once in a while but haven’t seen him in a long time. I think he deleted me or something maybe, but we never had issues so 🤷🏼‍♂️

He's still pretty active on FB. He's usually posting obscure horror movies and occasionally music.
Facebook is weird because you usually just see the same few people over and over. I just click on most recent posts.

Anyway, Shiney is an encyclopedia of rare glam and sleaze. Here's one I remember he recommended.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 7:37 am

Maybe he blocked me for some strange reason 🤷🏼‍♂️

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2018 10:00 am

I can vouch for Shiney's writings - I reviewed his Jedi Summer novella on my blog. Good stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Maybe he blocked me for some strange reason 🤷🏼‍♂️

Doubt he blocked you. He doesn't talk to me much anymore, either, so I'm sure it's not personal. Haha.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2018 8:01 pm

Dogs D' Amour is my favorite that Shiney introduced me to. Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

Shiney's Buttons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiney's Buttons   Shiney's Buttons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shiney's Buttons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: