Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Harry Anderson R.I.P.

Go down 
+9
metalinmyveins
Required Fields
Troublezone
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
nevermore
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
13 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Harry Anderson R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 10:09 am

Boy, this was a surprise.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/harry-anderson-%E2%80%98night-court%E2%80%99-star-dies-at-65/ar-AAvXs29?OCID=ansmsnnews11

I loved 'Night Court' back in the day, but my favorite role of his was his occasional appearances on 'Cheers' as "Harry the Hat".

Godspeed, funny man.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 10:11 am

Yeah, I was very bummed to hear this last night. "Night Court" was one of my favorite shows growing up. I catch a re-run every now and again on "Laff" (or whichever retro-rerun channel currently shows it) and it's still funny!

I used to tape "Night Court" every week and re-watch the episodes till I knew all the gags by heart.

Everyone in the cast was great, but Harry was the glue that held it all together.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 10:57 am

Sad to hear. I was a big fan of Night Court as well and try catching it when I can. And let's not forget his appearance as the adult Richie on the original tv version of It.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 11:13 am

Very sad to hear about this. I try to catch re-runs when I can. I didn't know he was living in Asheville,NC until I read it. Not too far from where I live. RIP Judge Stone.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 11:20 am

From John ("Dan Fielding") Larroquette's Twitter:

"Harry Anderson. He was wicked smart. He was wicked funny. He had a big laugh. He had a big heart. He delighted in legerdemain especially when he caused someone to scratch their head and proclaim; How the hell did you do that? And he could eat a hamster like no one I ever knew.

Markie, Charlie, Marsha, Richard, me and the N.C. gang were on a carnival fun ride with Harry. It was a blast. Out in the cosmos tonight, with his fedora at a rakish angle and a 'Watch this' wink to us, he’s coaxing whoever might be out there with him; Pick a card. Any card.
"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 1:59 pm

What!?!
Man, RIP.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:09 pm

Wow.  RIP.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:21 pm

I never really watched Night Court except on occasion, but I do remember him as one of the Tales from the Crypt actors back in the day.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:32 pm

I remember seeing him doing standup and he was a funny man.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:41 pm

007 wrote:
let's not forget his appearance as the adult Richie on the original tv version of It.

That's right, I just re-visited that mini-series within the past year or so.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 pm

Marsha "Roz the Bailiff" Warfield posted this on FB:

"When we were shooting Night Court, Harry lived in Seattle, so he would be without his family during the week. I visited and had dinner with him there when I worked in town, and he came over for dinner with me in L.A.

So, one day on set he said he needed a "date" for a concert he had tickets to, and asked me if I wanted to go. I said sure. Since it was at the Pasadena Civic Center we had to get all dressed up, so we did. We had a great time and after the show we went backstage and hung out for a bit.

And that's how I got to see Mel Torme In concert.

I dont know what was more fun, watching Mel perform, or watching Harry watch Mel Torme perform.

That's why I say I've got the best Harry Anderson story ever.

Hands down, no contest.

The time I gave him a penis tie for his birthday is a close second. He actually wore it on the show. With his robe on or jacket buttoned, nobody was the wiser."

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 6:03 pm

lol!

That last line is priceless!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 9:51 pm

65 is way too young!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 2:33 am

Loved Night Court. R.I.P good sir.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 4:34 pm

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4597

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 7:27 pm

Used to sit and watch Night Court with my dad ages ago. RIP

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 5:27 pm

Late to this thread but:

I used to watch Night Court with my family as a child and now own all the DVDs. This came as a shock when I heard on the radio. I recently watched Cheers and got to see him as Harry The Hat.

Found this very interesting article on him:

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2018/4/17/17248358/harry-anderson-obituary-night-court-magic

There was much more to the man than most of us ever knew!

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harry Anderson R.I.P.   Harry Anderson R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Harry Anderson R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1