Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kevin Smith suffers heart attack

Go down 
+4
Required Fields
corplhicks
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

Kevin Smith suffers heart attack Empty
PostSubject: Kevin Smith suffers heart attack   Kevin Smith suffers heart attack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Kevin Smith, director of "Clerks" and "Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back," suffered a "massive" heart attack at a spoken-word engagement last night, but was rushed to a hospital for emergency surgery and is recovering. Dang, He's the same age as me, kinda freaky to hear this.

I haven't seen his last couple of movies due to bad word of mouth but I was a big KS fan during the 90s. (hell, I even liked "Jersey Girl" and "Cop Out.") Glad to hear he's doing OK.

Kevin Smith suffers heart attack DW8prvrVQAAMYmc

(From CNN)
Kevin Smith says he's lucky to be alive right now.
The director tweeted a selfie in a hospital gown late Sunday night, saying he had suffered a major health crisis.
"After the first show this evening, I had a massive heart attack," he wrote. "The Doctor who saved my life told me I had 100% blockage of my LAD artery (aka "the Widow-Maker").
The "Jay and Silent Bob" star added that if he "hadn't canceled show 2 to go to the hospital," he would have died.
"But for now, I'm still above ground!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith suffers heart attack   Kevin Smith suffers heart attack Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Yeah, I saw this today. He's handling this news in a way I would expect him to handle it. I'm happy to hear he's very much alive, as I've been a pretty big fan of his work.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith suffers heart attack   Kevin Smith suffers heart attack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 2:57 pm

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

I would hope this doesn't complicate his health, but I know very little of this sort of thing. I'm hoping he returns to form with his filmmaking. Other than Red State, which was a brilliant gem, his titles have been pretty awful since after Mallrats.

In any case, glad the legend is still with us. You guys should check out his "Comic Book Men" show, one of the very few reality shows I dig, all set at his comic books store in Jersey (now I'm wondering if Fat Freddy has ever visited that joint).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith suffers heart attack   Kevin Smith suffers heart attack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 3:13 pm

corplhicks wrote:

You guys should check out his "Comic Book Men" show, one of the very few reality shows I dig, all set at his comic books store in Jersey (now I'm wondering if Fat Freddy has ever visited that joint).

Sadly, I've never been to the Stash (I live at the opposite end of NJ from it) but I've always wanted to... who knows, maybe one day I'll do a road trip.

*edit* Google Maps tells me that the Secret Stash is about a 2 hour drive from my house. Knowing what I know about New Jersey traffic, tho, that sounds a little optimistic on Google's part. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28392

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith suffers heart attack   Kevin Smith suffers heart attack Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 6:42 pm

Best wishes for a swift recovery!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith suffers heart attack   Kevin Smith suffers heart attack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 1:50 am

corplhicks wrote:
You guys should check out his "Comic Book Men" show, one of the very few reality shows I dig, all set at his comic books store in Jersey
I watch that show every week, and think its great. I'm not even a comic book guy, but still love the show.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39398

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith suffers heart attack   Kevin Smith suffers heart attack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 6:38 am

As a former huge comic book collector, I thoroughly enjoy watching Comic Book Men. I haven't caught it in a while though. Here's hoping to full recovery for him.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith suffers heart attack   Kevin Smith suffers heart attack Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 8:09 am

The news freaked me out too as Im in that age bracket.

I loved most of his work I havent seen Yoga Hosers yet but all the View Askew stuff I love.

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17062

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith suffers heart attack   Kevin Smith suffers heart attack Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Glad he's okay.

I watch his Comic Book Men show.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith suffers heart attack   Kevin Smith suffers heart attack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kevin Smith suffers heart attack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: