Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just because

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
mikeinfla
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Just because Empty
PostSubject: Just because   Just because Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 7:36 am

I woke up with this in my head today and I want YOU to have it in yours as well.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

Just because Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just because   Just because Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 8:53 am

lol!

I loved those things as a kid. It was a major part of my Saturday morning cartoon viewing experience.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

Just because Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just because   Just because Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 am

We bought the "Schoolhouse Rock" DVD set for my son when he was small. He and his younger brother both loved 'em.

"Conjunction junction, what's your function? Hitchin' up words and phrases and clauses..."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

Just because Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just because   Just because Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 3:54 pm

lol! thanks
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Just because Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just because   Just because Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 6:16 pm

The one I always remember is:

"Interjections!  Show excitement!  Or emotion.  They're usually set apart from a sentence by an exclamation point.  Or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong."

How genius was Schoolhouse rock?  Teach kids stuff with funny cartoons and unforgettable songs.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Just because Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just because   Just because Icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2018 9:20 pm

I gave my kids the DVD one Christmas, they did not care for it, so I kept it
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

Just because Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just because   Just because Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:53 am

Bob Dorough, composer and performer of Schoolhouse Rock tunes, passed away at the age of 94.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bob-dorough-schoolhouse-rock-performer-and-writer-is-dead-at-94/

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Just because Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just because   Just because Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 11:05 am

I owe my knowledge of how a bill becomes a law to that man. Rest in peace, sir.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Just because Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just because   Just because Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 3:49 pm

Zero was always my hero

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Just because Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just because   Just because Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 4:49 pm

I wonder if he got royalties for that song when it was used in a car commercial last year. Or is it public domain by now.

Just because Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just because   Just because Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just because
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: