Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Funny 'Cause It's True

Go down 
+7
nevermore
tohostudios
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Funny 'Cause It's True Empty
PostSubject: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 10:54 am

Saw this today and it reminded me of something someone (Toho?) said here...
Funny 'Cause It's True MDdaKQW

"Kill de wabbit! Kill de wabbit!!"

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 11:58 am

One of the best Looney Tunes of all time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 12:18 pm

Meanwhile, elsewhere in Looney Tunes land...

Funny 'Cause It's True 20d54b

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 4:51 pm

And soon enough, gerbils will come forward with allegations against Richard Gere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 5:54 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Saw this today and it reminded me of something someone (Toho?) said here...
Funny 'Cause It's True MDdaKQW

"Kill de wabbit! Kill de wabbit!!"

It was probably me.  When I discovered Therion and reviews compared their music to Wagner I always said the only reason I have any idea who Wagner was and what his music was like was that cartoon.

Bugs is also the only reason I know what "The Barber Of Seville" sounds like.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39184

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 6:40 pm

Looney Tunes are hands down the best cartoons ever made.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 6:57 pm

Yep.  I agree.  That's why I have all the remastered versions Warner Bros. put out for a few years.   It's cool to see cartoons like Bugs vs the Gashouse Gorillas in fully restored color.  I grew up thinking that cartoon was in black and white because the version I saw on TV was so washed out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 8:41 pm

007 wrote:
Looney Tunes are hands down the best cartoons ever made.

Yes they are!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 10:18 pm

Quote :

Bugs is also the only reason I know what "The Barber Of Seville" sounds like.

"How doooooo?
Welcome to my shop!
Let me cut your mop!
Let me shave your crop!
Daaaaiiiin-tilly! Daaaain-tilly!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 11:52 pm

It's not so much that I learned about classical music from Bugs Bunny. It's more accurate to say that I learned everything from Bugs!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 4:09 am

Bugs will always be my favorite cartoon of all time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 5:52 am

Aside from Bugs, this guy was my favorite character :

Funny 'Cause It's True Latest?cb=20141228054749&path-prefix=protagonist
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 11:51 am

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 12:11 pm

Looney Tunes are the best cartoons and still hold up, close to 70 years after they first aired.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 6:25 pm

The only Looney Tunes I didn't really care for too much were the Coyote/Roadrunner ones because they were too samey but even those were enjoyable.  I always wanted Wile E. to catch the Roadrunner just like I always wanted Sylvester to eat Tweety.

After Bugs my favorite main character was Sylvester (naturally).  I toyed with naming Tux that because he was marked the same way.  Of the minor characters my favorites are "The Monster" (He has a name but I can't think of it at the moment) and Marvin The Martian ("The Iludium Q36 Space Modula-TOR" and "That makes me very angry; *huff puff* very angry indeed.")

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 6:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
"The Monster" (He has a name but I can't think of it at the moment)

Gossamer !

Funny 'Cause It's True Latest?cb=20110827221901
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 6:36 pm

LOL!  That's it.  I always loved the sneakers.

I actually have a 500pc jigsaw puzzle of the scene where Bugs is a manicurist and Gossamer is soaking his hands before mousetraps spring.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 8:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I actually have a 500pc jigsaw puzzle of the scene where Bugs is a manicurist and Gossamer is soaking his hands before mousetraps spring.

Years ago when Warner Bros. Studio Stores were still a thing, I got a t-shirt with that scene on it there. The caption said "I swear, monsters must lead the most innnnnn-teresting lives...," haha

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Laughing very hard

I'd love to get a T Shirt like that!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 4:18 am

This guy was one of my faves

Funny 'Cause It's True Pete_puma_by_roperseid-d6cyf4p
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 6:49 am

Pete Puma was hilarious!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:32 am

Was Pete in more than one cartoon?  I just remember the one with Bugs and the lumps.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:35 am

According to Wikipedia, he made 2 appearances in the original Looney Tunes cartoons.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:41 am

The remastered box sets WB put out for 5 or 6 years contain lots of interesting documentaries and featurettes with all the major Looney Tunes creators.  From Chuck Jones to Bob Clampett to Leon Schlessinger to of couse Mel Blanc.  Lots of interesting stories about how the whole Looney Tunes studios came into being as Warner Bros. attempt to compete with Disney.  I've never really been into any of the Disney characters or cartoons (I guess Donald Duck is OK) but I sure know all the Looney Tunes characters and cartoons.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2018 8:45 am

Even the one-offs like this:

"I wanna Easta egg, I wanna Easta egg!"

Laughing very hard

Watching that clip I noticed something I hadn't noticed before.  The kid is sucking on a pistol in his cradle!  Yikes, if that's not a sign these cartoons are from another generation I don't know what is.

PostSubject: Re: Funny 'Cause It's True   Funny 'Cause It's True Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funny 'Cause It's True
Page 1 of 1