Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner

Go down 
+3
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Empty
PostSubject: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 10:58 am

This was touched on briefly in the "Playboy to Stop Publishing Nudes" thread, but c'mon, The Hef (not to be confused with The Hoff!) totally deserves his own memorial thread.

R.I.P. to an American icon and a true original!

Hugh Hefner, Who Built Playboy Empire and Embodied It, Dies at 91

R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner 170928002744-hugh-hefner-classic-780x439

Hugh Hefner, who created Playboy magazine and spun it into a media and entertainment-industry giant — all the while, as its very public avatar, squiring attractive young women (and sometimes marrying them) well into his 80s — died on Wednesday at his home, the Playboy Mansion near Beverly Hills, Calif. He was 91.

His death was announced by Playboy Enterprises.

Hefner the man and Playboy the brand were inseparable. Both advertised themselves as emblems of the sexual revolution, an escape from American priggishness and wider social intolerance. Both were derided over the years — as vulgar, as adolescent, as exploitative, and finally as anachronistic. But Mr. Hefner was a stunning success from his emergence in the early 1950s. His timing was perfect.

He was compared to Jay Gatsby, Citizen Kane and Walt Disney, but Mr. Hefner was his own production. He repeatedly likened his life to a romantic movie; it starred an ageless sophisticate in silk pajamas and smoking jacket, hosting a never-ending party for famous and fascinating people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/27/obituaries/hugh-hefner-dead.html?mcubz=1

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:07 am

Check out Hugh on his late '60s TV show, Playboy After Dark, introducing Deep Purple. I love when he tells them it'd "really groove the kids" if they'd play "Hush."

Shag-adelic, baby!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39565

PostSubject: Re: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:08 am

R.I.P. to a true icon and pioneer.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:16 am

Thanks for the memories, Mr. Hefner.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:42 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I think you meant "thanks for the Mammaries." Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:47 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I think you meant "thanks for the Mammaries." Very Happy

Oh yea, them too greedy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:52 am

And he died on "Hump Day" to beat it all. Smile   Rip sir.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 2:24 pm

The Playboy Mansion is my favourite U2 song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Check out Hugh on his late '60s TV show, Playboy After Dark, introducing Deep Purple. I love when he tells them it'd "really groove the kids" if they'd play "Hush."

Shag-adelic, baby!

I see a young Barbi Benton shaking her groove thing in that clip. My God, she was hot!!

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 8:36 pm

Man what a legacy this guy has/had. Obviously he was getting up there and I would hope he cryo'd himself ala Walt but no one can touch this guy. He saw 100% more of everything than we will ever imagine.

RIP big daddy.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3170

PostSubject: Re: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 11:14 am

I hope he died a Christian.

" Forever is a long long time " - Ozzy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner   R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.,P. Hugh Hefner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: