Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Trek: Discovery

Go down 
+2
manny
akeldama
6 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Star Trek: Discovery Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 9:10 pm

Here's the trailer for the new Star Trek Series; Discovery. I'm still not sure what to make of it but rest assured I am still watching it. I was hoping for the rumored Star Trek series with Worf as captain.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 7:48 am

I am a huge Star Trek geek and I will check it out for sure
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 11:32 am

I'd watch it but I'm not sure I get the CBS all access channel or whatever it is. I'll look into it though.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 11:51 am

I think it's a streaming channel? I'm not sure though. I'm getting the sense that it doesn't fit much with Gene Roddenberry's overall blueprint for a Star Trek series of how it fits into the Star Trek canon but I have liked all the Star Treks so far so...
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 7:43 am

Worf as Captain , that would have been kick ass , Worf was my favorite TNG character
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 9:30 am

Addy wrote:
Worf as Captain , that would have been kick ass , Worf was my favorite TNG character

Yeah I wish someone would've picked up Michael Dorn's story idea. I am not interested in Discovery at all. Of all the shows the best ones now are the fan made ones. I love these!

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 9:46 am

Will certainly check it out.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 10:43 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Addy wrote:

Yeah I wish someone would've picked up Michael Dorn's story idea. I am not interested in Discovery at all. Of all the shows the best ones now are the fan made ones. I love these!

When I briefly played Star Trek Online, my ship was named the Discovery (for 2001 a Space Odyssey) , do you know what Michael Dorn's idea was? this is all new news ot me (bout worf)
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 12:30 pm

Michael Dorn pitched a Captain Worf TV show but had no takers.

From 2012:

Earlier this year, there was talk of a “Captain Worf” Star Trek project you were developing and hoping to pitch. What’s the status of that?

Dorn: I had come up with the idea because I love the character and I think he’s a character that hasn’t been fully developed and hasn’t been fully realized. Once I started thinking about it, it became obvious to me that I wanted to at least put it out there, which I have, and the response has been pretty amazing. We’ve been contacted by different individuals–I can’t say who and all that–about wanting to come on board and be part of this. Also, there’s all the political stuff going on with the new movies, with J.J. Abrams and Paramount and all that stuff, which I have no clue about and what it all entails, but that’s where it is right now.

Interestingly enough it has gotten traction. I was very surprised, I was on a movie not too long ago, where one of the producers was basically lobbying to be part of it. He was like “Michael, I’d love to write it, if you haven’t.” So at this point, my agents and my manager are looking at all the avenues and trying to figure out which is the best one. My agent and manager have been in the business for awhile, so they’re very savvy about where to start and how to get it going. Like I said, in this business you never know and I’ve been through pitching things and I never want to do that again [laughs]. It’s pretty brutal, but definitely I think once again, if Paramount or CBS or anybody thinks this is a viable thing, they’ll jump on it.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 12:57 pm

Being that DS9 is my fave ST series I have to say I really liked Worf better on DS9.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 11:39 am

Worf is my fav from TNG and DS9 I was psyched beyond belief when he came on to that show.

So it sounds like it might happen down the road possibly if so I am so watching it. Cuz Worf is da Man!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Trek: Discovery   Star Trek: Discovery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Trek: Discovery
Page 1 of 1