Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.

Go down 
+6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
Required Fields
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Empty
PostSubject: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:10 am

The BBC reported this morning that Sir Roger Moore passed away in Switzerland at the age of 89.

Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  _96178869_mediaitem87790389

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40018422

Actor Sir Roger Moore, best known for playing James Bond, has died aged 89, his family has announced.
He played the famous spy in seven Bond films including Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill.
Sir Roger's family confirmed the news on Twitter, saying he had died after "a short but brave battle with cancer".
The statement, from his children, read: "Thank you Pops for being you, and being so very special to so many people."

I'm bummed. Moonraker was the first James Bond movie I saw as a kid and it's still a sentimental favorite. I've been a fan of the 007 series ever since.

Rest well, sir Roger. May your martinis ever be shaken, not stirred.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:29 am

Wow. That really hits home for me. His Bond films were the ones I was actually able to see in the theater so I always had a special "bond" with those, even though he couldn't surpass the original actor Sean Connery as my favorite Bond. Rest In Peace, Sir Roger. We'll always have your movies to remember you by.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:46 am

I saw this a little bit ago. Sad, but he was 89 and he seemed to live a nice full life. This is a good way to go. From what I heard, he had a short battle with cancer, so at least that aspect of his life didn't drag on...

R.I.P. Sir Roger Moore
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I'm bummed. Moonraker was the first James Bond movie I saw as a kid and it's still a sentimental favorite. I've been a fan of the 007 series ever since.

Rest well, sir Roger. May your martinis ever be shaken, not stirred.

Mine was "Octopussy". I remember my mother hosting Euchre (Card game) one night with the ladies in the neighborhood, so my father, brother and myself got kicked to the curb that night. I remember the exact date we went to go see it. The date was October 17th, 1983, on a Monday night. I remember this, because when we got home, the Packers had just beaten the Redskins (reigning SB champs). Though we saw a great movie, we missed that game, because of mom!!! To be honest, I don't think anyone thought they were going to win that night. I just saw that Octopussy premiered on June 6th, so it made me question whether it could have been in the theater's that long. Wiki said that it premiered in 16 other countries over a 5 month period, plus I remember back in those days, one could expect to see a movie stick around in a theater for the better part of three months.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:57 am

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Like many others here, Roger Moore was my Bond. He wasn't the best but he was my era and I saw so many of those movies with my Dad at the cinema.

Plus his one liners rocked! R.I.P.

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 1:40 pm

R.I.P.

He was great in The Wild Geese.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 2:22 pm

He will always be my favorite Bond, I adore Moonraker and The Spy Who Loved Me.
R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 12:03 am

Sad news, but he at least had a long successful life.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 2:34 am

He was my favorite Bond growing up. R.I.P
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 9:43 am

He'll always be second-fiddle to Sean, but I do have fond memories of his stint in the tuxedo. And his spoofing of the character in 'Cannonball Run' was fantastic. RIP, sir.

I have to admit I was surprised to read that he was older than Sean Connery (86). Maybe Mr. Connery really is a Highlander.

PostSubject: Re: Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.    Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sir Roger Moore - R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1