Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+7
Leatherface
mlotek
Addy
Lari
DallasBlack
akeldama
tohostudios
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:56 pm

When I first heard the drums I thought JR was gonna come out.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:02 pm

No, we boo you because you're a steroid monkey who can't wrestle.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:04 pm

That's true but I still am happy he won. I can't explain why I feel he deserves it. Those are some generic side plates he has though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:05 pm

I'm just glad he won because I'm sick and tired of Randy Orton and his schtick.   But they can take the title of Mahal anytime now as far as I'm concerned.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:07 pm

They've really run out of people to put the title on at the moment. I really think it's time for AJ to recapture the belt.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:10 pm

HELLO LANA!!!

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:11 pm

Agreed... I just hope it's not another Emmalina debacle.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:13 pm

A water gun? Hahahahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:14 pm

akeldama wrote:
Agreed... I just hope it's not another Emmalina debacle.

I was thinking the same thing.  I'm not sure how much actual wrestling training she has.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:15 pm

I can't take these guys seriously.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Eventually Fandango will turn on Breeze and the crowd will go mild like Goldust and R Truth.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:22 pm

That's exactly where I see it going. 

I actually liked Breeze's gimmick of that stupid furry selfie-stick and posing for it before matchss.  That made me hate/care about him.  But this fashion police gimmick is just boring.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:24 pm

In all the times I watched NJPW I don't think I ever saw AJ wrestle Nakamura.  I saw both guys a bunch but I don't recall ever seeing them in the same match.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:27 pm

I saw one match and Nakamura won. We just had the power go out so no more SD Live for me.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:33 pm

Power came back on a bit ago and I can't believe they didn't at least show Nakamura's entrance. I agree with you, Toho, that it's pretty cool. I've always liked it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Why does Nakamura wear that mouthguard?  I don't remember him having that in NJPW?  Did he lose some teeth in NXT?  Wouldn't surprise me since he's the "king of strong style".

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:46 pm

He's worn one ever since his MMA days I believe.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Styles is just so much fun to watch.

Fireman's carry neckbreaker?  Never saw that before.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:55 pm

Agreed. He has a plethora of moves he hasn't used in WWE yet.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:00 pm

That was a fun match.

I'm surprise Owens took the fall.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:03 pm

I don't think I truly appreciated Styles when I watched him in TNA because back then they had all the X Division guys flying around and they do a lot of the same things.  Plus Styles was saddled with a lot of bad gimmicks while he was there (like being "mini-Flair") and that whole "illegitimate child" storyline. 

But seeing him in WWE where there are very few guys who can do the things Styles does makes me appreciate his skills.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:06 pm

My AJ story is very similar. I never liked him in TNA, ROH, etc. but once he went to NJPW I realized I missed out on a lot of good stuff. My wife on the other hand saw how good he was so when I came around I bought his TNA and ROH DVDs and never looked back.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 10:09 am

tohostudios wrote:
I really don't like Charlotte as a face; she's much better as a heel IMO.

There are already talks on What Culture Wrestling on when she's going to turn on the others because of this very fact.

tohostudios wrote:
I can't take these guys seriously.

I know, there was no way they were going to win the titles. However, I must grudgingly admit, the segment with Shane was kind of amusing. I tried not to laugh because of how stupid it was, but it was just stupid enough to be funny. However, comedy acts like this never go anywhere.

tohostudios wrote:
I don't think I truly appreciated Styles when I watched him in TNA because back then they had all the X Division guys flying around and they do a lot of the same things. Plus Styles was saddled with a lot of bad gimmicks while he was there (like being "mini-Flair") and that whole "illegitimate child" storyline.

But seeing him in WWE where there are very few guys who can do the things Styles does makes me appreciate his skills.

I didn't watch too much TNA because of Hogan becoming a part of it, but the little I saw of Styles was fairly impressive but since he's come to WWE he has made me a big fan.

tohostudios wrote:
No, we boo you because you're a steroid monkey who can't wrestle.

That shtick is so absurd, quite frankly, I'm tired of that old meme. In youtube comments they are going on and on about how people are poo pooing his title run because we "muricans" only like white guys. You can't hate (I don't actually "hate" him, but I'm not a fan) a person who happens to be a minority because you just don't like them, it has to be about the color of his skin or nationality.

Another argument is "You complain about the same guys holding the title and when someone new gets it, you are upset." I agree that at least Orton had it taken away, but IMO he never should have gotten it in the first place. However, just because someone different is champion doesn't mean it was the right decision. We want someone who has won us over to get a shot at holding the title, not someone WWE management tells us is going to get the title. Especially someone who got the title because he happens to be of a nationality (even though the guy has never lived in India-he's Canadian) in a big money making market.

However, let him have his time in the sun, I have a feeling it will be short.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 10:13 am

Saw this over on the Hoffman forum, copied and pasted here:

This womens match from Japan end with one woman fired, blacklisted and retired and the other so badly injured that after several surgeries she was forced to retire. I do not speak Japanese but I get the idea that these two had a real animosity for each other. The pre-match set up is worked but then the match starts and watch their eyes. Professionalism, wrestling, and taking care of each other went out the window immediately.
From the Youtube description
Act Yasukawa vs. Yoshiko - 2/22/2015
Yasukawa gets bloodied & swollen & injured in a legit shoot. Actual fight starts at 6:49. Yoshiko retired as a result. Act Yasukawa tried a comeback but retired due to injuries suffered in this match. Version includes promo & angle from before the match. All goes to plan until the match starts. Then things get out of hand. Match needed to stop & restart several times. At times it looks more like mma than pro wrestling. Due to this incident, other wrestlers resigned from the promotion. Nobody knows the motivation for this. February 22nd, 2015 - World Championship Title Match Main Event

Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 8:49 pm

I didn't care about about Jinder Mahal at first, in fact most would say I would be the first guy to hate his type, but I was convinced what a great heel he was just prior to him winning the belt.
But they are already killing him by not explaining who his cohorts are, and not giving more airtime to develop a character. "Champions" are supposed to be dominant and the main reason for everybody to pay attention, right?
they barely shown Jinder on Smackdown. When Stone Cold, or HHH or even Mysterio were Champs, they were shown a LOT off and on during broadcast or had vignettes building up to their match or important promo for that TV airing.
remember that Russian dude around 5 years back, Kozlov, who started demolishing everybody, and then they made him look weak and get squashed for no reason, only to build up Khali,who was worse.. i don't get the WWE writers / bookers. They always start something and it eventually starts getting great, and then they kill it.
why even bother?
and yeah, Orton has been boring for a long time. Hoped he would start doing something new by now, or would up his energy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: