Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Becoming Bond" (2017) Trailer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

"Becoming Bond" (2017) Trailer Empty
PostSubject: "Becoming Bond" (2017) Trailer   "Becoming Bond" (2017) Trailer Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Dunno how many James Bond fans we got in the house (aside from me and obviously 007) but I am interested in checking out this documentary about George Lazenby's short-but-bizarre tenure as James Bond.

For those who don't know who George Lazenby is, he was a male model from Australia who very briefly took over for Sean Connery in one Bond film (1969's underrated "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"). To hear George tell it, he basically showed up at the producers' offices and B.S.'d his way into the 007 role despite never having acted before in his life.

After completing "OHMSS" he was offered a contract for seven more films, but he turned it down - because his manager at the time convinced him that that the 007 series was a product of the 1960s and the Bond character would be totally passe in the 1970s. Dude's crystal ball was obviously less than accurate. Laughing very hard

Anyway, this documentary (which begins streaming exclusively on Hulu this coming weekend) should be interesting, looks like it consists of George himself telling his story aided by a mix of vintage clips and some newly-filmed re-enactments of key events. Looks like fun!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39186

"Becoming Bond" (2017) Trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Becoming Bond" (2017) Trailer   "Becoming Bond" (2017) Trailer Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 6:28 pm

I'll check that out. Lazenby got to play Bond in one of the more important plots of the Bond saga (marrying Theresa, and all) and they decides not to go forth? That has to go down as one of the most bone headed moves in the history of cinema. Lazenby might have been legendary instead of a minor footnote in the Bind lore.
Back to top Go down

"Becoming Bond" (2017) Trailer
Page 1 of 1