Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sammy Hagar/Montrose

Go down 
+3
Wargod
spiritoradio
mr.electric39
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Sammy Hagar/Montrose Empty
PostSubject: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 9:00 pm

Such great HIGH ENERGY rock 'n' roll. That first Montrose disc is timeless.

I've come to realize how cool Sammy's stuff is. I've always liked his hits, but what a set up pipes. I've never been a big fan of the Van Halen stuff. I still think Dave's the guy there.

Buy Sammy just kicks butt... I picked up a best of 'Unboxed' which rocks.... I used to hear all those tunes when they were new, but never plunked down my hard earned dough. Too busy buying the lastest in thrash back then.....

THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO ROCK !!!

HEAVY METAL NOISE !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 5:11 am

Sammy rules!! He was one of my first concerts on the Marching to Mars tour. I have the Essential Red Collection disc and I couldn't stop listening to it for like two months. Montrose rules too. A sadly overlooked American Hard Rock/Heavy Metal band, the first album is timeless.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 10:52 pm

That Montrose with Space Station #5 and Bad Motor Scooter are timeless, IMO every metalhead should own that. It is borderline metal IMO.

Also love the Sammy tune Heavy Metal what a great slabe of rock!

Wargod48

NP: Mystic Prophecy - Satanic Curses
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 2:01 am

Anybody ever check out the HSAS (Hagar-Schon-Aaronson-Schreve) album? The sound isn't the best because they recorded it live and then tried to edit out the crowd, but there are some rockers on there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 7:07 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Anybody ever check out the HSAS (Hagar-Schon-Aaronson-Schreve) album? The sound isn't the best because they recorded it live and then tried to edit out the crowd, but there are some rockers on there.

Yes. It is an awesome record. Schon is such an underrated guitarist. Too many people dismiss him because of the Journey with Steve Perry stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:54 am

Love Sammy Hagar! He was good with VH, but his solo stuff is where he shines, IMO. Standing Hampton, Three Lock Box and VOA are all classics and Marching To Mars was brilliant as well.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 7:11 pm

spectrefate wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:

Yes. It is an awesome record. Schon is such an underrated guitarist. Too many people dismiss him because of the Journey with Steve Perry stuff.

I know. I cry myself to sleep every night over this very issue. Sad
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:30 pm

Sammy is a legend, I saw him 3 times in the 80's.
Montrose's first album is up there with the great albums of all time IMO.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 11:08 pm

That first Montrose Album is definatley a Top 20 of All time...

Bad Motor Scooter
Rock the Nation
Space Station #5
Rock Candy

True classics everyone of them...... Anyone know why Ult doesn't have Montrose in his CD Gallery? just curious....

Brilliant stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 11:24 pm

A bit of trivia...I saw Iron Maiden open for Judas Priest on the Screaming for Vengance tour (1982); and the warm up band was the (sort of) southern rock band Axe. Axe did a cover of Montrose's "I Got the Fire", and I believe what happened is that Maiden liked it so much they started covering it themselves. I may be wrong, but that's how I remember it.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2007 2:25 am

Ooops. Another faulty fuzzy concert memory. My research shows that Maiden first covered "I've Got The Fire" in '80, and Axe in '82. But I know Axe played it at that show, not Maiden.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 10:06 pm

Sammy is cool. I really like the HSAS project and most of his solo stuff. He was good in Van Halen, but I think he tried to hard to make the band sound like his solo stuff that in the end the songs suffered. The 5150 album is their best with Sammy. The first Montrose album is classic. Haven't heard any of his stuff lately. The last I heard Sammy was on his Marching to Mars release, good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sammy Hagar/Montrose   Sammy Hagar/Montrose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sammy Hagar/Montrose
Page 1 of 1