Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warrant - Louder Harder Faster

Go down 
+6
glassprison
mikeinfla
kethdredd
Dark Horseman
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Empty
PostSubject: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 11:38 am

Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Warrantlouderharderfastercd

01. Louder Harder Faster
02. Devil Dancer
03. Perfect
04. Only Broken Heart
05. U In My Life
06. Music Man
07. Faded
08. New Rebellion
09. Big Sandy
10. Choose Your Fate
11. Let It Go
12. I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink (bonus track available on CD only)

Frontiers Music Srl will release WARRANT's new studio album, "Louder Harder Faster", on May 12. The disc was recorded with producer Jeff Pilson, a veteran bassist who has played with DIO, FOREIGNER, DOKKEN and T&N, among others, and was mixed by Pat Regan except for the song "I Think I'll Just Stay Here And Drink", which was mixed by Chris "The Wizard" Collier (FLOTSAM AND JETSAM, PRONG, LAST IN LINE).

With a lineup featuring original members Erik Turner (guitar), Jerry Dixon (bass), Joey Allen (guitar) and Steven Sweet (drums) along with singer Robert Mason (LYNCH MOB, CRY OF LOVE), WARRANT is now stronger than ever. Mason's vocals remain a breath of fresh air and his swagger on the songs gives new life and a bright future to the band. "Louder Harder Faster", true to the band's roots, is full of rockers with some classic ballads thrown in and will surely send their faithful fans into a frenzy.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 11:47 am

I have yet to hear any of Warrant's stuff with Robert Mason on vox.

...though coincidentally, I happened to pull out Born Again, their first post-Jani Lane CD (with Jamie St. James of Black N Blue on the mic), today for the first time in a while and I like that one just fine...so I should probably look into this one (or the previous Rockaholic) one of these days...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 1:38 pm

I had the Rockaholic cd for awhile (still have the mp3's though) and I really did try and give it a fair shot, but it just never made much of an impression on me. It was a very generic sounding melodic rock record that could have been anyone on Frontiers roster. That's not to say it was bad, but it had no character or personality to it.

I'll probably pass on this new one too, but I figured some folks here would be interested.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 1:40 pm

I like Born Again better then anything i've heard with Mason. MG is right, it's generic.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 1:44 pm

I never heard the Born Again album. At the time I was strictly in the "No Jani, No Warrant" camp. I'd give it a shot now I suppose, but I'm in no rush.

Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 2:00 pm

I really liked Rockaholic and I dig Mason's voice. I'm definitely looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 3:39 pm

I'm really curious to hear samples from this new one. Born Again was pretty good, if you've never heard it at least check out the tunes online. I have the mp3's somewhere, I need to listen to it again. Here's a song from Born Again:

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 6:04 pm

I didn't like Born Again at all, save maybe 2 tracks. I liked Rockaholic when it came out but haven't had any desire to revisit again in a while. I had lost interest in this lineup of Warrant until I saw them open for Tom Keifer last year. They put on a stellar show. I will give the new album a listen, but I just don't think any of the members of the current lineup are very strong songwriters.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Haven't heard any warrant in sooooo many years. I am curious to listen to the new one.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 5:13 am

I've tried giving them a listen but just can't get into anything after Jani left. To me he was the talent of the band. Such a great songwriter.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 6:15 am

^^I agree, Jani was one of my favorite songwriters from the genre. The other guys hardly wrote anything for Warrant so it is no wonder why the albums with St. James and Mason don't necessarily sound anything like their earlier albums save for some of the solos (and even then, they brought in outside guitarists to do the solos on a few tracks on the first two albums).
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 8:42 pm

Not bad, It's ok, but I was hoping for better.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 9:01 pm

Given how some of their contemporaries have fared releasing new material this is pretty bland.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 10:39 am

That track, while not bad per say, doesn't do a thing to change my opinion of the band these days.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 11:16 am

That's not bad, but without Jani I'm not too interested. I wouldn't pick this up.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 7:05 pm

Trixter kicks their butt now!!!

mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeTue Apr 11, 2017 5:35 am

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 5:22 am

Another one

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2017 5:23 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warrant - Louder Harder Faster   Warrant - Louder Harder Faster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrant - Louder Harder Faster
Page 1 of 1