Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.

Go down 
+32
Grimmo
Mac & Cheese
TheGreatDuck
akeldama
corplhicks
Lari
Citanul
brokentulsa
Hadley
Witchfinder
Leatherface
nevermore
candlemass
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
mc666
Required Fields
BearOnUnicycle
Stender
Troublezone
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
manny
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Thrasher73
Gilbert
Wurthless
James B.
tohostudios
Dark Horseman
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Empty
PostSubject: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:43 pm

Kik Tracee
Seemed poised to make it big but for some reason, maybe just a year or two too late, they never caught on. I think labeling them a hair band hurt as they were much more then that. I also think the label wanted to cash in on the sound being somewhat similar to GnR. I still listen to this one semi regularly and enjoy it every time.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 9:50 pm

Spread Eagle

See above post about Kik Tracee.  Same thing with Spread Eagle IMO.  I think the first Spread Eagle album is a lot like GnR's Appetite For Destruction; it's got sleazy rockers, semi-ballads and lots of sleazy attitude.  I know they put out at least one other one; I have it and it's just not the same vibe as the S/T.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:08 pm

Icon
Q5
Tora Tora
Rigor Mortis
The Poor Boys

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:17 pm

I agree with Tora Tora.  I saw this Memphis band at the Omni New Daisy on Beale Street right after they signed their record deal before Surprise Attack came out in the late 80s.  They blew the roof off the place.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12635

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Here is a sample of what the POOR BOYS bring to the table...

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 10:54 pm

Titan Force, Fifth Angel, Slauter Xstroyes; tons of 80s USPM bands, really. And by "made it," I mostly mean making more music for me to listen to, lol.

some NWOBHM bands too, like Tyrant, Saracen, Traitor's Gate, etc.

Sortilege and Blaspheme from the French metal scene in the 80s.

Necrophagist is a good post-2000s instance of this occurrence. Two great albums, then a steaming pile of nothing for almost 13 years now. The Pax Cecilia is a pretty cool group like that, too. They play a sort of prog/post-metal hybrid, and their second album is a free download from their website.

I'll probably think of more as time goes by.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 3:22 am

Fifth angel, iron angel and titan force.

I have been listening to a lot of titan force lately. Picked up their second album, and ordered recently their debut. Excellent material.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 4:18 am

tohostudios wrote:
Spread Eagle

See above post about Kik Tracee.  Same thing with Spread Eagle IMO.  I think the first Spread Eagle album is a lot like GnR's Appetite For Destruction; it's got sleazy rockers, semi-ballads and lots of sleazy attitude.  I know they put out at least one other one; I have it and it's just not the same vibe as the S/T.

I totally agree with Spread Eagle. Their first album would have to be my all time favorite sleaze album.

Tora Tora is another I would agree with.

Banshee is one that comes to mind for me. They had an e.p and a couple albums. The lead singer could wail and they wrote good songs.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39652

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 6:02 am

Sword (Canadian band) They put out 2 really solid metal albums.

Tora Tora and Banshee are both good calls as well.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 8:14 am

More of a modern metal band, but these locals had some good tunes and should have been bigger.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 11:13 am

Hey James B., Icon had more then two albums lol! I agree they should've been bigger.

Fifth angel is a good call, forgot about them.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 11:17 am

Enuff Z'nuff, should have been bigger, thou they did get some MTV support, so not sure if they should count.

The Front made one great album, and thought they were going to ride the alternative nation wave to the top, but nope, dropped from their label and changed their name to Bakers Pink, which was another solid album and another flop.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 11:38 am

Princess Pang
Bad Biscut
Recon
Die Happy
Red Sea
Doctor Butcher
Onward
Radakka
Widowmaker

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Good stuff FF.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 2:01 pm

Could've done with more than two and out from these (although all of these had some popularity)

On a more recent note one full length and one EP from Amesoeurs is nowhere near enough! Sad

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 2:13 pm

That's another vote for Iron Angel. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 3:41 pm

The Crucified.

They put out two great crossover thrash albums and built a big underground following. Phil Anselmo wanted to take them on tour with Pantera, but it fell through and they disbanded a year later.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 4:05 pm

Morbid Saint

Arguably a gnarlier sounding US band that more influenced by the Teutonic thrash like Kreator and Sodom and maybe early death metal. Only two albums.

Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 4:30 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Titan Force, Fifth Angel, Slauter Xstroyes; tons of 80s USPM bands, really. And by "made it," I mostly mean making more music for me to listen to, lol.

some NWOBHM bands too, like Tyrant, Saracen, Traitor's Gate, etc.

Sortilege and Blaspheme from the French metal scene in the 80s.

Couldn't say any better.
So frustrating when a band makes a killer album or two, and in case of prog-power scene literally every band did a killer album, just to vanish from thh face of the earth.
And then talk about recording new stuff since like 2005 or so and guess what, I'm still here waiting for you, Fifth Angel.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 5:56 pm

How could I forget Smashed Gladys?

One and done (yeah I keep hearing rumors of a second album but I've never found or heard it).  Another band from my seminal days of becoming a sleaze rock fan.  Except unlike most bands from this era who tended to look like girls because of all the makeup, this one had an actual girl on vocals.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Cool idea for a thread BTW.  We may have done it before but if we did, I don't remember it.  But you know how us old folks are.  Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  387733

And get off my lawn!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Demolition Hammer (they have three, but the last album, Time Bomb, was not initially meant to be a Demolition Hammer album; some former members were involved and the label that released it (Century Media, who also released the fiirst two) would only release it under the condition that it would be released as a Demolition Hammer album)
Overthrow
Unbidden
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 9:28 pm

Hall Aflame
A little Jackyl and a little Black Oak Arkansas and a whole lot of grit. One album that no one bought and they were done but I still enjoy this one.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 9:31 pm

Cool idea for a thread BTW. We may have done it before but if we did, I don't remember it. But you know how us old folks are. And get off my lawn! wrote:

We probably have but it's been awhile and I can't remember it either.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 10:38 pm

James B. wrote:
Here is a sample of what the POOR BOYS bring to the table...

Wasn't familiar with this band. Enjoyable music. Thanks for sharing headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.    Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post on bands that had only one or two albums you think should've made it.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next